URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4005
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S19 Gufu Award: Week 11"

Posted by dabo on 12-04-09 at 02:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-09 AT 02:14 AM (EST)

Okay, boring episode, the Pagong basically went along with offing the save-my-skin turncoat, I mean, ho-hum.

So...

Russell, way to be full of yourself.
Shambo, wake up.
Daveball...

Anyway

THE RULES; The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor. Each week you have a designated number of votes you may award for Contestant Gufus! Should you notice any gufus of dangdumbness for noncontestant stuff, these are Production Gufus, a separate category with its very own designated number of votes you may award. Should you wish to exceed your designated votes, these are Honorary Gufus.

This week take um... four (4) Contestant gufu votes and three (3) Production gufu votes!

Production: The whole Shambo dream sequence thingie, way out of bounds. You call this reality!!!

Seriously warped.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S19 Gufu Award: Week 11"
Posted by jbug on 12-04-09 at 10:08 AM
Production: Oh yes. The Shamboo thing made it clear that production has taken a much more evident role in scripting than before.
And often the confessionals are beginning to sound too much like the survivor has been prompted on what to talk about.

Posted by jbug on 12-04-09 at 11:42 AM
The chickens - no, actually Production again:
I thought we saw RussHell turn them loose last week - during the recrap episode - supposedly right after the merge.

Posted by mindy23 on 12-04-09 at 11:57 AM
>The chickens - no, actually Production
>again:
>I thought we saw RussHell turn
>them loose last week -
>during the recrap episode -
>supposedly right after the merge.
>
Oh yeah! What was THAT about?? Guess they found their way back before anyone ever knew, huh??? LOL!!

Posted by Brownroach on 12-07-09 at 05:01 PM
We only saw Russell open the cage door, we didn't see the chickens leave. My guess is that they never did, and in the morning someone noticed the open door and secured it.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Posted by samboohoo on 12-04-09 at 02:32 PM
Contestant:

1. The Foa Foas (mainly Russell) for, as Jaison put it, doing to Shambo exactly what Galu did to her.

2. Russell's cockiness and for telling John he had the Idol.

3. John getting too comfortable.

4. Dave irritating Shambo.

Production:

1. It didn't appear to me that the IC was weighted fairly. If it wasn't, shame on them.

2. Out of sequence vidcaps.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by jbug on 12-04-09 at 03:52 PM
I think I heard Jiffy say something like
"That board weighs as much as you do"
Now whether he meant that literally or not......

"Dear Production:"
Posted by greenmonstah on 12-04-09 at 02:43 PM
So. How did THE DAMN CHICKEN TURN OUT anyway?

Why build up such conflict and not resolve it? Supremely bored people, like Breezy and me, will want to know and will feel forever ripped off for not finding out.

And could you throw the guy in a purple shirt a speaking line or two? Why not just hide the hidden immunity idol in his mouth.

"RE: Dear Production:"
Posted by samboohoo on 12-04-09 at 03:15 PM
I think "off with their heads" refers to anyone who dares to ask about those chicken. The Shambo has spoken.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"Well.."
Posted by foonermints on 12-04-09 at 08:04 PM
How good can a chicken taste after boiling in a leetle ocean water, fresh bog water and NOTHING for a couple of hours?

Quiero Pollo a la brasa con aji!
I am KukulGod!

"RE: Well.."
Posted by PsychoKitty on 12-04-09 at 08:41 PM
Mmm. . . better than raw sea slug guts with sea salt sprinkles?

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

"RE: Dear Production:"
Posted by jbug on 12-06-09 at 09:21 AM
I was thinking about how Russell & Mick chopped off the chicken's head. Of course they couldn't actually show that, but it looked like Russell had to chop several times to get the job done. Just how dull was that machette?

From personal experience, I can tell you:
when a chicken's head is cut off and your let go of if, it will flop and flap around for a few minutes before it dies.
That is where the expression "running around like a chicken with its head cut off" came from.
Also, it is less messy to wring the chicken's neck rather than chop it off.

Posted by dabo on 12-05-09 at 02:27 AM
Contestant #1: Russell. So, you have two Galu strung along, you can satisfy one but not the other, what do you do? Satisfy neither, send one to the jury and leave the other one out of the loop? Idiot. In the end you need jury votes to win this thing.

Contestant #2: Jaison, Mick and Natalie. Had you decided to vote with Shambo (despite Russell's plan):

A: the first vote would have ended in a tie between Dave and John, with your four votes for Dave intact for the second vote.
B: Having both Russell and John around for the next episode would have been a fabulous show.

Contestant #3: Shambo. Love ya, gal, but really they's just chickens.

Posted by Tublecane on 12-07-09 at 05:41 PM
"Satisfy neither, send one to the jury and leave the other one out of the loop?"

John seems like a strategy-lover. i bet he votes for Russell if Russell goes all the way.

Even when Shambo's in the loop there's always a smaller loop she's not a part of. If Russell had gone back on his word to vote out Laura, maybe she'd be inconsolable. But I think Russell can smooth it out. She could go spite vote out of pure emotion. But there's a while to go. Vote her out soon and she'll spend all day with people she hates, only to remember Russell was pretty much the best friend she ever had.