URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 400
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"adam"

Posted by LisaP mom of three on 03-02-04 at 06:22 PM
From what I could see last night..they will start off with the babes and then bring in the average Janes...hmmm..will adam go with the babe or the average Jane??

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: adam"
Posted by ToadMagnet on 03-03-04 at 00:30 AM
I can't seem to get interested in this one. However, he's got an even bigger problem than L & M - he's got to try to prove he could CATCH a babe, while at the same time keeping American loving him by choosing a plain Jane, so maybe they'll lure me in at some point.

I did laugh at the "you've got 3 million messages" commercial. Which, of course, begs the question - how much must they be paying him to go through all of this, if he could pretty much date any girl he wanted to already?

Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-03-04 at 02:27 AM
Can you imagine what the Average janes would look like if the AJ's from season 2 are anything to judge?

Posted by mookiemeister on 03-04-04 at 08:08 AM
>Can you imagine what the Average
>janes would look like if
>the AJ's from season 2
>are anything to judge?

AJ2 joes are probably not average. The Producers of the show came out and stated that they found super-geeks for AJ2. I think we should probably expect average jane to be about same as the joes in AJ1.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Posted by mmm_link on 03-04-04 at 08:08 AM
I'll probably watch. He should pick the ugliest AJ with the largest intellect and personality, and then strike a deal with the extreme makeover people. Then do the $1,000,000 wedding and sponsored events (if he doesn't already).

Posted by mookiemeister on 03-04-04 at 01:23 PM
But Adam is already super rich. I thought in AJ1, they mentioned that he's a millionaire from the dotcom investment, or something like that.

So he should be looking for a girl who is attractive to him and not for money.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Posted by Leadoff on 03-04-04 at 03:47 PM
Will Adam pick the beauty or the Average Jane? Duh, as if!

Most men don't mind being considered shallow and will just about ALWAYS opt for the beauty! It's hard-coded into our genetic make-up.

I must be one of the few who don't understand why Adam is considered such a prize by women. I don't think his personality is all that sparkling. If he's got mucho dinero...OK, I get that. But, to judge by the previews, the guy doesn't even own a razor! Adam, shave off the stubble, already! You're not Don Johnson!

Posted by Timer on 03-07-04 at 01:09 PM
I will NOT be watching. But I do hope they bring out some really fat sweaty chicks to equalize things a bit. Then Adam would have to date and (kiss--ewww--yech!) these big fat hogs just like L&M had to do with the AJs.

I am ever so sorry I wasted one minute of my life watching this totally bogus crap.

Posted by mmm_link on 03-09-04 at 08:55 AM
He made and sold stocks in the dot.com era. A lot of people say they did all right but the truth is they held on too long and really came out on the short end. Maybe he can be a candidate on the next "Apprentice."

If he were a rich millionaire, then he really doesn't need to go on AJ3. They are hyping it as "He Can't Lose." Does that predispose a twist that the final Average Jane will dump him at the end?

Posted by mmm_link on 03-10-04 at 12:32 PM
My vote is for William Hung as the AJ3. He can swoon 23 women with the song that is launching a thousand CD's.

Posted by mmm_link on 03-11-04 at 07:41 AM
I might as well retract by previous statement. None of the Average Janes comes close to needing a makeover.

Posted by tk72 on 03-09-04 at 02:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-04 AT 02:36 PM (EST)

Is just me or did I see Nicole Ritchie in a preview for this show. I was looking through NBC's website "Adam Returns" sneak peak video. She's the one in the pink dress.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 03-11-04 at 00:31 AM
I don't believe that this edition will feature any "average Jane"-type twists -- it's only 4 episodes long, so everything I've seen is that it's a straight Bachelor-like show with no twists.

-SB

Posted by mmm_link on 03-11-04 at 09:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-04 AT 09:16 AM (EST)

Bachelor with no twists? ABC should sue NBC for taking their idea. Do I forsee another Bob Guiney pick and breakup?

Could it be that Adam's picks are not really worth more than 4 episodes? I forsee yawning through 50 minutes just to watch 10 minutes of tear jerking booting.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 03-11-04 at 09:43 AM
>Could it be that Adam's picks are not really worth more
>than 4 episodes?

They announced it was only going to be 4 episodes before they even started filming and were still taking applications:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2156

...so no, the length has nothing to do with a "boring" show -- I think it has more to so with A) the fact that the original series was only 6 episodes and did feature a twist, B) I think they aren't too sure how the viewers will react to a non-twist version and don't want two months worth of a potential Joe Millionaire 2-like bomb on their hands

Posted by mmm_link on 03-11-04 at 12:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-04 AT 12:38 PM (EST)

Can I presume:
Episode 1: 19 girls knocked down to 10 girls
Episode 2: 10 girls knocked down to 5 girls
Episode 3: 5 girls knocked down to 2 girls (maybe 3)
Episode 4: Winner/loser announced.

I don't understand why they didn't think viewers would not expect the twist. That was the whole premise of Average Joe.

Conversely, do any of these shows go through a "typical" test audience for some sort of input? Probably not in order to preserve the secret.