URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3993
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.3"

Posted by ARnutz on 10-11-10 at 08:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-10 AT 08:26 AM (EST)

This week, teams remained in Ghana, so there was no airport bunching (that will probably change next week).

Once teams set off from the pitstop, they had to travel to the roadblock, wrap your hands properly for boxing gloves, then use the speed bag and finally jump rope - each for 60 seconds - to receive the next clue.

Next up, they traveled to a school to deliver a specific list of supplies and then play "Where in the World is all the Teams?" and place Ghana on the proper place on the map, then the next clue sent them to the detour.

The detour was a choice between bicycle parts - play a child's game by rolling a bike rim with a stick two lengths of a football field - or - language arts - get a poem and decipher the bolder phrases into characters and then find the right sequence of characters on a giant cloth. Once completed, it was off to the pitstop!

Want to see how others rank your favorite teams? ...then check out last week's standings and the awesome job done by my cohort, kidflash!

On to the list! rank. names (last week's rank)

Like them:
1. Brook/Claire (1) = they are having fun.
2. Nat/Kat (2) = Not a great leg for them, but still they are a nice team.
3. Connor/Jonathan (3) = great job on this leg. They were the only ones who deciphered the code! ...and they actually found the cloth with the codes on it!
4. Michael/Kevin (4) = props to dad for finishing.

Don't like them:
5. Nick/Vicki (5) = ugh. Nick was an arse, but at least he recognized it.
6. Gary/Mallory (8) = good leg, but don't like them. Jesus can only carry you so far in this race, Mallory.
7. Jill/Thomas (6) = blah.
8. Katie/Rachel (7) = hate them.
9. Chad/Stephanie (9) = hate them too.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.3"
Posted by samboohoo on 10-11-10 at 08:46 AM
1. Connor & Jonathan: I loved them this episode. They get along well. They are respectful to those around them. Singing really isn't over the top in my book. Plus they get bonus points for reading the clues, which obviously paid off for them.

2. Gary & Mallory: I thought they had a great leg. They moved way up in the race and on my list.

3. Brook & Claire: They got frazzled and made some mistakes, but they are still having a great time.

4. Chad & Stephanie: With the exception of his showboating, I liked them this week, although I did expect them to take a lot longer finding the Pit Stop.

5. Nat & Kat: They pushed through. They've had lousy luck. I hope things get better for them next leg.

6. Kevin & Michael: They could easily be higher on the list. I'm glad Dad stuck it out. Tough guy.

7. Katie & Rachel: Meh.

8. Jill & Thomas: Meh.

9. Nick & Vicki: What an aras.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-11-10 at 09:19 AM
Zzzzzzz... What's that, San Diego is driving for a tying touchdown? Is TAR ever going to start? *dozes off again*

Like:
1. Nat/Kat (1) - More and more, these two look like crappy racers. But I like their personalities and hope they find a way to get it together.
2. Michael/Kevin (4) - Two nice people, and Kevin is looking out for his dad. They'll be gone very soon, but I can still root for them while they're around.
3. Gary/Mallory (6) - The more I watch this team, the more surprised I am that Mallory is a former beauty queen-- she just doesn't act like one. Great job by both of them this leg.

Meh:
4. Brook/Claire (2) - Are these two getting louder every episode, or is it just me?
5. Nick/Vicki (3) - Lost points when Nick was a jerk, got some of them back when he realized he was being a jerk and apologized profusely. And bonus points to Vicki for not snapping back and making things worse, even when she had every right to give some of it back to Nick.
6. Connor/Jonathan (8) - Slowly moving up my list, not for anything likable they've done, but instead by attrition as other teams annoy me more.

Don't like:
7. Katie/Rachel (5) - Athletic, competitive, and not very nice.
8. Jill/Thomas (7) - Just another generic dating couple, and without much charisma.
9. Chad/Stephanie (9) - Getting a better edit lately, but I'm not buying into it.

Philiminated: Nobody. And for the first time ever, I'm glad for a non-elimination. Same-location episodes with a string of sequential tasks are a recipe for a boring episode and predictable Philimination.

And the teams start moving down my rankings. Happens every season.

Posted by emydi on 10-11-10 at 10:52 AM

1. Connor/Jonathan (3)(4)- great leg, only ones to find the code. I do really like their voices and I liked them singing in the cabs Samson loves them too! Although Jonathan needs to start doing the Roadblocks he's 0-3

2. Michael/Kevin (4)(3)- great leg even tho they came in last...great support by Kevin. I was so happy when it was a non-philimination ep. Bebo must be writing the summary

3. Nat/Kat (1)(2)- last week their cabbie saved them...this week not so much, but they did not break down. I like them

4. Brook/Claire (2)(1)- they did ok. they have great attitudes and they are not bothering me like I thought they would

5. Gary/Mallory (5)(6)- great leg they finally had no break downs in equipment, etc.

6. Chad/Stephenie (9)(8)- they move up bc of Chad's statement about the kids...not bad this week

7. Katie/Rachel (6)(5)-the mean girls were back...don't like em

8. Nick/Vicki (8)(7)- he's a tool..she's a dimwit...it takes a asthmatic attack for him to change his ways.

9. Jill/Thomas (10)(9)-I guess Notre Dame doesn't teach checking all of your surroundings...and Jill even looked back at the building when they were going to the other detour.

I could not believe any of the teams other than C/J found the code...it was so frustrating!

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-11-10 at 11:38 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-10 AT 11:42 AM (EST)

This week is hard - nearly every team performed badly or annoyed me.

1)Nat & Nat - I like them but I'm starting to wonder if it is just bad cab drivers or are they just not very athletic.

2)Michael & Kevin - They obviously love and respect each other which is nice to see. Very lvoeable but hard to imagine the father can keep up physically.

3)Chad & Stephanie - He was only slightly a jerk this week on the jump rope task and was nice with the children so I thought I'd give him a one week reprieve from the bottom of my list.

4)Jill & Thomas - Dullest team on the race this season.

5)Brook & Claire - Exactly how could they think that the clue meant to draw a chalk line around a bunch of children? I can't fathom how they came to that conclusion. The one member of this team is way too hyper.

6)Connor & Jonathan - A good cab driver was about 50% of your win and the other 50% was being the only team smart enough to read the clues properly. Still feel you are very pampered.

7)Gary & Mallory - Jesus has more important things to do than help you with your bicycle wheel.

8)Nick & Vicki - Even if you realized you were being a jerk later, you were a jerk. Was there some reason you couldn't have double checked the clue before you left the wheelbarrow station. Why blame it all on Vicki? Wondering if it was just the stress of the Race or if its a pattern that you treat Vicki badly and then apologize - I'm hoping it's the former since the latter would indicate an abusive relationship.

9)Katie & Rachel - Nasty people. Calling the doctors stupid? You try performing heart surgery. Preferably on each other.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by mindy23 on 10-11-10 at 01:55 PM
1) Con&Jon: loved that they actually took 1/2 second to READ THE CLUES! They deserved to come in first! And it took them less than half the day...wow. It really does work, doesn't it?? And they are nice guys, to boot.

2) Nat&Kat: bad luck with cabbies. But good attitudes so far in every leg of this race. ER docs are not necessarily known for their physical fortitude. But they are giving it 100% of what they got.

3)Michael&Kevn: almost wish it hadn't been a non-elimination. Dad really needs to go home. I worry he'll damage himself further in this race as it gets harder. Something is not right with this man. To be 59, not 79, and get winded and physically stressed like that? Nat and Kat should give him a once over. BUT, the love these 2 have for each other is beyond any other team here.

4)Brooke&Claire: they try hard, and do not complain. Everything is a fun game for them. Annoying? Yep, but not in a bad way.

5)Gary&Mallory: good job on finding Guyana, Dad, and on raising a nice young lady who doesn't ACT like a beauty queen!

6)Chad&Stephanie: decent enough. Nice to each other so far. No bickering, or name calling between them-good team work. Just eh..

7)Katie&Racheal: ok. For being volleyball heros, they sure have a tough time outside that arena. Their attitudes stink, as well, when they can't keep up or head off another team. Grow up, already!

8) Nick&Vicki: I fear we have the perfect example of an abusive relationship here. Hammering someone into the ground, apologizing, calling her belittling names, apologizing, throwing things, blaming her, apologizing. Yep, if he were OFF CAMERA, there would be bruises, for sure. She needs to run, not walk, when this show is over, to the nearest shelter! And I hope the producers are smart enough to have the police standing by with cuffs...

Posted by featherfish81 on 10-13-10 at 10:27 PM
I hate to be that person, but they're in Ghana, not Guyana. Opposite side of the ocean.

Posted by TARFAN76 on 10-12-10 at 02:39 PM
Hi Kidflash,
Your comment about Katie and Rachel performing heart surgery made me laugh. I hope they have a powerful microscope to FIND their hearts!

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-12-10 at 11:06 PM
- Now each time they appear on screen I'll be hearing the Tin Man singing "If I Only Had A Heart".

Posted by MaryKat on 10-11-10 at 05:07 PM
1. Jonothan - Conner
2. Brooke - Claire
3. Kat - Nat
4. Katie - Rachel
5, Jill - Thomas
6. Greg - Mallory
7. Chad - Stephanie
8. Michael - Kevin
9, Nick - Vickie

Posted by Belle Book on 10-11-10 at 08:31 PM
Here are my rankings this leg:

1. Connor & Jonathan -- great leg for you two! You really were able to show off your brains this leg -- except in geography! Still, this was your best leg.

2. Nat & Kat -- rotten luck for you two! I hope you recover from it next leg!

3. Gary & Mallory -- what a nice recovery for you two as well! You made no real mistakes this leg.

4. Michael & Kevin -- I felt for you two this leg, especially after the dehydration problem! I'm glad this was a NEL, for your sake!

5. Brook & Claire -- this wasn't as great a leg for you but you still did fine.

6. Jill & Thomas -- still rather blah for me, but at least you weren't terrible.

7. Chad & Stephanie -- a much better leg for you, but I see problems for you in the future.

8. Katie & Rachel -- you were right in noting the errors others made, but you shouldn't talk trash about it.

9. Nick & Vicki -- boy, you had a real meltdown! At least you realized your error when Vicki developed asthma, Nick.

Posted by Seana on 10-11-10 at 09:44 PM
I haven't been watching TAR until Tuesday for the last couple weeks. At least I'm halfway through now. Maybe this will change after I see the whole ep, I don't know. For now, I really don't hate any of the teams, but I don't feel really drawn to any of them either. So here goes:

1. Brook and Claire: Have a bit of personality.
2. Connor and Jonathan: I like self-deprecating humour
3. Nick and Vicki: Amusingly stupid
4. Gary and Mallory: Dad smoked the RB
5. Jill and Thomas: Meh
6. Katie and Rachel: Meh
7. Kevin and Michael: Meh
8. Chad and Stephanie: Meh
9. Nat and Kat: Meh

Posted by TARFAN76 on 10-12-10 at 03:01 PM
1. Jonathan & Connor - They have been at the top of my list from the start. I was perilously close to being annoyed by their singing until Samson said, "I love you, too." They are respectful and friendly and take the time to introduce themselves. I like that a lot. I also couldn't believe how easy they made that task look when not even the doctors could figure it out. I'm not so sure I could have figured it out myself. Nor the geography, I'm sorry to say.
2. Nat & Kat - They stay calm even when fate dishes them misfortune. I think it was Nat who expressed how lucky we are in this country. I always enjoy someone acknolwedging that sentiment.
3. Gary & Mallory- They have moved up for me. Like many others, I don't think she gives off a beauty queen vibe. Even though it may seem trivial to ask for Jesus' help with the wheel, I like it that she has her faith and isn't afraid to say so. She was also very sincere in appreciating our way of life.
4. Brooke & Claire - "I like you, Coach." Brooke can be so funny and irritating at the same time. It was cool when Claire said it would be their honor to do some community service there.
5. Michael & Kevin - Family ties are so important and they are a great example of love and loyalty.
6. Chad & Stephanie - His speech about kids being so honest and refreshing was nice. It seemed a little too scripted but he has redeemed himself pretty well for me.
7. Thomas & Jill - I liked the "kiss for luck" at the start of the leg. They aren't as efficient as I thought they would be.
8. Katie/Rachel - I had a premonition that they are going to win. Wouldn't that be something. I hope not. They are mean spirited.
9. Nick & Vickie - Wow. He showed his true colors this week. Not a pretty sight. And she's so nice to him throughout. "I'm sorry, Babe." "I'm sorry, Babe." She can do better.

Posted by sittem on 10-17-10 at 10:47 AM
Well said TARFAN so I'll just ditto your list!

FWIW - for the 59 year old dad - hydration in hot African countries is so critical. It just sneaks up on you so fast and it's just amazing how listless and bad you can feel. I'd suffer too in those circumstances because staying hydrated under the pressure of running the race must be extremely difficult.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by beau_30 on 10-12-10 at 07:27 PM
1. Jonothan & Conner
2. Brooke & Claire
3. Kat & Nat
4. Katie & Rachel
5, Micheal & Kevin
6. Greg & Mallory
7. Nick & Vicki
8. Chad & Stephanie
9, Jill & Thomas

>

Posted by KwietOne on 10-12-10 at 09:37 PM
#1 Michael/Kevin
#2 Brook/Claire
#3 Nat/Kat
#4 Nick/Vicki
#5 Connor/Jonathan
#6 Gary/Mallory
#7 Jill/Thomas
#8 Katie/Rachel
#9 Chad/Stephanie

Posted by featherfish81 on 10-13-10 at 10:21 PM
1. Nat/Kat (2,1) - Stayed positive, even with the bad cab. But then wandering around forever after the detour lost you some points. You would drop, but no one else did anything spectacular to move them up.
2. Connor/Jonathan (3,2) - Did really well this episode, and even managed to find the hidden code key. If not for your comment about African Studies, you might have moved up.
3. Gary/Mallory (6,6) - Good job moving ahead, and not being quite so annoying this episode. Your high pitched voice might start to get to me, though.
4. Katie/Rachel (5,3) - Doing fine, a solid middle team.
5. Michael/Kevin (8,4) - I appreciate how supportive they were of each other. But if you can't do the physical tasks you should at least be able to do the mental ones.
6. Brook/Claire (4,5) - Again, doing fine, but nothing to bring them up this week. And stop with the kissing already.
7. Jill/Thomas (1,8) - Nothing spectacular this week, but at least you didn't offend me either. And I saw you look back at your partner and completely miss the code key.
8. Nick/Vicki (9,7) - Too bad it took an asthma attack for you to realize you were being a jerk, but at least you realized it. And I understand not being able to find Ghana on a map (there are a LOT of countries in Africa), but when there were only 5 options left it shouldn't have taken that long.
9. Chad/Stephanie (10,9) - Again, nothing too terrible this week, but nothing to bring them up either.

Philiminated: No one. Actually, I agree with what others have said, I like the non-elim when there's no bunch point.

Posted by louislam on 10-17-10 at 02:27 PM
1. Connor/Jonathan (2) - The only team bother to find the decode cloth, I am surprised that all the others are that dumb...

2. Nat/Kat (3) - Good attitude even most of the time in last place this leg, really really bad taxi luck

3. Gary/Mallory (4) - This shows how paying attention to clues can save you time and get back to good place

4. Brook/Claire (1) - Wasted a good lead on overlooking twice

5. Michael/Kevin (5) - Fortunately they finished this leg, otherwise they would never get the non-elim and another chance to stay in the game

6. Chad/Stephenie (8) - Sometimes quite entertaining

7. Jill/Thomas (6) - Tense but not smart, I do not enjoy seeing them in the race

8. Katie/Rachel (7) - A bit loud at times, not too nice as well

9. Nick/Vicki (9) - Whining too much

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

"Results!"
Posted by kidflash212 on 10-17-10 at 07:16 PM
Lvoe List results - Week Three

Movement on the lvoe list this week. Connor & Jonathan have a good leg and take first place this week with Nat & Kat holding steady in second place. Last week favorite team slip down into third place.

Changes also occured on the bottom of the lvoe list - Nick & Vicki fall into the basement this week. Reading through the lists, Nick will have to take the blame for this instead
of scapegoating Vicki. Katie & Rachel and Chad & Stephanie tied this week with an average rank of 6.86.

­]
Rank
Team
First Place Votes
Last Place Votes
AverageRank
Direction
Connor & Jonathan
Nat & Kat
Brook & Claire
Michael & Kevin
Gary & Mallory