URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3990
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S19 Gufu Award: Week 4"

Posted by dabo on 10-16-09 at 08:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-09 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

THE RULES; The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor. Each week you have a designated number of votes you may award for Contestant Gufus! Should you notice any gufus of dangdumbness for noncontestant stuff, these are Production Gufus, a separate category with its very own designated number of votes you may award. Should you wish to exceed your designated votes, these are Honorary Gufus.

This week you have two (2) Contestant Gufus, two (2) Production Gufus!

Erik, get out of the water!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S19 Gufu Award: Week 4"
Posted by jbug on 10-16-09 at 09:04 AM
Liz: When you don't trust someone, and when you suspect he might have the HII, you don't confront him about it.
You're smart. Play the game!

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 10-16-09 at 11:20 AM
Production: For using the DSM IV as your casting guide for this season. "Hey, Coach Benji was so much fun..."

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-16-09 at 12:37 PM
Contestant #1: Foa Foa females, especially Natalie and Ashley, for their unbelievably weak performance at the IC. I doubt RusSwell and Laura would ever get tired while holding up nets completely devoid of coconuts.

Contestant #2: Liz, for confronting RussHell about the hidden idol after watching several tribemates get voted off for confronting RussHell.

Contestant #3: Galu, for making their dislike of Shambo so obvious. They'd better hope they lose an IC before the merge, or the Foa Foa post-merge voting bloc will gain one more vote.

agman's helping me survive

Posted by fullofgrace2470 on 10-16-09 at 12:52 PM
I doubt RusSwell
>and Laura would ever get
>tired while holding up nets
>completely devoid of coconuts.

This made me laugh so hard. It just struck me as really funny. Thanks for making my day!

Posted by Bursar on 10-16-09 at 02:15 PM
Production, for the lamest gross food challenge yet.

Special viewer GUFU awarded to myself for continuing to tune in to this dreck of a season.

Posted by more_cowbell on 10-16-09 at 05:51 PM
Contestant #1: Russell S., for sending Shambo off to Foa Foa (or rather, Foa, since they've lost half their members now) as "punishment" for losing the chicken. He couldn't have made her social outcast status clearer if he'd given her a hertz doughnut and a swirly. If Shambo makes it past the merge, she's almost certain to flip.

So, when will Russell be punishing himself for not choosing the tarp?

Contestant #2: RussHolio, when confronted by Liz about the HII.

ARE YOU THREATENING ME?

Way to play it cool, Mastermind. By losing your temper, getting defensive and red-faced, and telling your alliance member she's "walking on thin ice", you're all but admitting you have the HII.

But that's assuming Liz is smart enough to heed the red flag. I'm halfway tempted to award this Gufu to her for confronting RussHell in the first place.

Production #1: The Sea Bass-o-matic. Come on, Jeff, don't churn everything up in milk and give the contestants forever and a day to finish it. That removes a lot of the gross-out factor. Make them down the whole octopus tentacle, suckers and all, and give the point to whoever polishes it off first.

Production #2: Why were John, Dave, and Russell H. the nominees for Sprint Players of the Week? Did John even open his mouth? Did Dave do anything besides get into a passive-aggressive spat with Russell S. and "downplay his awesomeness"?

Honorary "Unable To See Things Higher Than Six Inches Off The Ground" Gufu: Erik, for getting blindsided first by a clothesline, and then by an incoming wave. (Good news, Erik: The ocean is FULL of waves!)

Posted by Belle Book on 10-16-09 at 08:31 PM
Contestant Gufu #1: Galu, for making Shambo's outcast status all too obvious. If she makes it to the merge, she has every reason to jump ship.

Contestant Gufu #2: Liz & RussHell. Liz gets it for confronting RussHell on hiding the HII; RussHell gets it for his reaction. Bad move, both of you.

Posted by Gray Squirrel on 10-17-09 at 01:33 PM
Contestant Gufu: Shambo, for revealing the clues to the HII to the whole 'Fool Fool' Tribe. Can't she see the handwriting on the wall. She just doesn't fit in with her Galu Tribe & they obviously don't care for her much either. She will probably be the next to go if/when the Galu's go back to TC. So, right now, she probably needs to find the HII more than anybody else, especially if she has hopes of advancing any further in the game.

Production Gufu: Now I don't know if this was a coincidence, or somebody in the editing room had a really vivid sense of humor, but the connotation was pretty obvious. Right after Shambo stuck her head up her @**, & read the HII clues out loud to the 'Fool Fool' Tribe, the very next scene showed her bending over & sticking her head up into the old tree stump. It is an image that will probably haunt me for many seasons to come.