URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3986
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"New twist"

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 10-01-10 at 07:10 PM
Considering it can only be once, good or bad addition to the race.

Remember teams have already used the fast-forward yet came in last.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: New twist"
Posted by Starshine on 10-02-10 at 04:39 AM
I like it, it is a one shot and only valid until leg 8 which is good, it adds a bit to tactical thinking to the game and is a really big advantage.

That said as we know the aim in all but the last leg is not to come in last, will we see them try to use it to come in first?

Posted by featherfish81 on 10-02-10 at 05:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-10 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

I think it's an interesting twist, and I'm really curious about when they'll decide to use it. Personally, I would save it and only use it if I was competing for last place, unless it was leg 8 and the last time I could use it. Of course with detours sometimes it's hard to tell. But I would hate to use it one leg and then have a horrible cabdriver or a delayed flight or something like that the next leg.

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-04-10 at 09:01 AM
I'd save it until I arrived at a task closed due to "Hours of Operation", then hand it over and gain a multiple-hour lead over everyone else.

My backup choice would be if I were having a terrible leg and felt I needed to use it to stay in the race.

If neither of those scenarios came to pass, I'd use it on leg 8 to avoid having it expire unused.

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-04-10 at 01:33 PM
I don't think they could use it at an hours of operations task that way - the way Phil explained it, they need to turn in the express pass to receive the next clue. Since the person handing out the clues would not be available until the place opens, they'd still have to wait.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by krismiss2us on 10-10-10 at 05:57 PM
what did this do?

Posted by featherfish81 on 10-13-10 at 09:20 PM
It allows them to skip any task at any point and just go on to the next one. They haven't used it yet.

Posted by featherfish81 on 10-18-10 at 04:37 PM
Well, they used it last night.

As it turns out, they didn't need to, because three other teams switched and would have gotten to that detour after them.

But I can't really blame them for using it. They knew they were behind, and couldn't actually see the other teams. I missed why they picked the beds, though. Sleds seemed the faster choice, at least initially.

Posted by vince3 on 10-18-10 at 06:18 PM
I think the beds became the safer option after a few teams wiped out on the sledding course...

Posted by Nume on 10-18-10 at 06:36 PM
Yeah but they didnt know that, and it at least sounded like the faster option . If they were able to do it it was a very fast task, just one that some people couldn't do.

Posted by michel on 10-18-10 at 06:54 PM
Not only were the sleds faster but they shouldn't have isolated themselves like that. Going alone to a detour could be the only choice if you are last and need a "Hail Mary" but not when you have the Express Pass. They should have gone with the others, seen how well or poorly they were doing and then decided what to do. They'd still have the pass if they had.

Posted by Nume on 10-18-10 at 07:15 PM
They got there after everyone else had already chosen though, so I doubt they even knew what everyone else was doing.

Posted by michel on 10-18-10 at 08:27 PM
They saw that the cars were still there so they had to look around and analyze the situation.