URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 3971
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Early Show announcement"

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-28-03 at 08:41 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 08:44 AM (EST)

OK, I recorded the 8:35AM segment as well as the additional brief teaser video that aired at 8:30AM (I missed the 8AM teaser as well as any that aired before that.)

I'll try and post some vidcaps later, but I don't think there's much of spoiler value

Here's the Early Show story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/08/27/earlyshow/series/survivor/main570462.shtml

-SB

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Adding photos"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-28-03 at 08:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 08:58 AM (EST)

"And another thing......"
Posted by anotherkim on 08-28-03 at 10:58 AM
there are no modely peeps. Yes, they are attractive, but none of the Silas, Jed, Ken, Sarah, Erin, Heidi plasticky OBVIOUS pretty ones, kwim? More "normal".

Other than the scout leader, the only "out-there" job is massage therapist,which is actually a real job (unlike adventure guide ).

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--the grizzly adams guy scares me

"RE: And another thing......"
Posted by AZ_Leo on 08-28-03 at 11:02 AM
Scout leader, troubled teens mentor, massage therapist, and mortician. Some of these could prove useful.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 08-28-03 at 11:04 AM
>mortician. Some of these could prove useful.

I'd hate to see where this could be useful on Survivor!

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:329 Loss To Date:-10
"For the last time, no you may NOT play pin the tail on our lord and savior." - Oh My Gods!

Posted by AZ_Leo on 08-28-03 at 11:10 AM
You don't fool me. You know in the wee, back, recesses of all our minds there is this tiny little evil voice that kind of hopes it might come in handy one day.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 08-28-03 at 11:17 AM
Well, Jiffy *did* say that a couple of things happened this time around that had never happened before...

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:329 Loss To Date:-10
"For the last time, no you may NOT play pin the tail on our lord and savior." - Oh My Gods!

Posted by ginger on 08-28-03 at 12:43 PM
Well, there is the 22-year-old mortician. I've heard it's a growth industry.

"RE: Survivor Early Show announcement"
Posted by mikey on 08-28-03 at 08:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 08:58 AM (EST)

I missed the show this morning -- is that one older contestant wearing a girl scout outfit, or is that some sort of new tribal uniform replacing the traditional buff?

And I'm sure the guy with a beard was a WWF wrestler.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-28-03 at 09:18 AM
The huge overweight hairy guy instantly gave me "Richard Hatch" flashbacks. And the Scout woman instantly gave me Debb flashbacks. That's not good for her...

-SB

Posted by Kokoro on 08-28-03 at 01:37 PM
That's strange, because he reminds me so much of Hagrid. Were they allowed to talk? Does he have the big gruff voice? :p

Posted by Breezy on 08-28-03 at 09:25 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 09:44 AM (EST)

The guy with the beard, does look like Mick Foley from WWF or whatever they call themselves these days.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*
edited to change Mike to Mick

Posted by nailbone on 08-28-03 at 09:57 AM
It's a Boy Scout uniform.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Posted by Breezy on 08-28-03 at 10:05 AM
So she's scouting for boys? Who isn't?

I knew it wasn't a girlscout uniform, figured it was a campfire girls or something like that.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*

Posted by djk on 08-28-03 at 10:08 AM
It seems that they don't have any old people. There area couple older people, but nobody as old as say Jan, or Roger. That is fine with me, I just think it is interesting.

Posted by Brownroach on 08-28-03 at 10:28 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 10:44 AM (EST)

The oldest male contestants are 39 and 40. There are two females over 40. Unusual age assortment this time around.

**Edited to correct my facts.

"Tennessee"
Posted by anotherkim on 08-28-03 at 10:50 AM
Okay, I think that Tennessee is a FABULOUS place to live, don't get me wrong, but how odd is it that we've had Gretchen (S1), Tina (S2), Silas (S3), Tanya (S5) and now another one....whose name I have suddenly forgotten. Seems like we are being way over represented in the geographical category (although not as much as Texas)

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Go VOLS!

"RE: Washington State !"
Posted by smrtNsassybnkr on 08-28-03 at 11:25 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but we have 2 Survivors from Washington State....I don't think I have seen any other survivors from Washington before! (I knew I should have sent in my application!) It's nice to see some representation from the Northwest! Yeah!

(Only 21 days....Woo Hoo)

"RE: Tennessee"
Posted by wendyp on 08-28-03 at 11:47 AM
No one from Texas this time.. But we are such a BIG state it is like 2 seperate ones.