URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 396
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"To ALL the average Joes out there."

Posted by stone4pi on 03-02-04 at 05:34 PM

Well, It was proved once again last night that women in todays society are just as shallow they claim us men to be, and that nice guys do finish last. Gil had to have been one of the most boring, dull, and a personality of a log I have ever seen. just to name a few. So what else is left? LOOKS! Women today are just too hung up on money and looks (especially the hotter ones) and all the average joe's will continue to dream and fantisize about their "Dream Catch" and shows like this will continue to break and demolish these dreams. Larissa deserves everything she gets and she gives the female gender a bad reputation.

My advice to the all the AJ's: Stop crushing your self esteem and self image trying to find someone like Larissa. worth and find someone real. Someone who will appreciate you matter what you look like. Stop setting yourselves up for heartbreak.

To all the Larissa's: Shame on you. You will never find true love until you open up your mind and hearts to those like Brian.
There is a lot more to a person than just looks.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: To ALL the average Joes out there."
Posted by Icebaby on 03-03-04 at 10:31 AM
i kinda have to disagree. Two "hot babes" doesn't make for every model type female. I really think the problem was more none of the guys were suited for Larissa. Yeah we all feel cheated the neither M or L chose the aj, but if they would have looked more for aj's who had the same interest as them i think the outcome would have been different. I was rooting for Brian at the end because really Gil was a looser, expecailly after the I want to be an actor comment, but I knew her and Brian would nat make a couple. She is not a ball park and beers with the guys type of woman she was looking for Romance.

Posted by CarlosCruz on 03-03-04 at 11:28 AM
The show only proves how hypocrite all people are. When the AJs were all drooling over this girl based only on her looks, everyone says “what a lucky bunch of guys”. But when she does the same, she is shallow. Please that Brian guy had no personality, no charisma, no fire, no nothing…The guy is a simpleton with no class. That girl is way out of his league. And on top of that, he treated Larissa like a trophy wife when he was around his buddies. He got what he deserved. He is the poster boys of losers. His face when he lost was priceless.

Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-03-04 at 12:02 PM
"I really think the problem was more none of the guys were suited for Larissa."

Except the Hunks....

How does anyone know who truely matches to her? Maybe is all the AJ's had the personality of Gil they would have chance. We all know the Joes will get the boot over the hunks! Thats why we root for the underdog, we hope the guys who have no chance get to the end. In the end this is just cheap entertainment. Its all projecting on our part, we identify with certain characters and hate others we dont like.

The thing that gauls me is Larissa's hypocrisy more than her being a hot chick who would never date anyone who is not on her apperance level. We all can see the false honesty. Look at the way she looked kissing David Daskel vs. kissing Jim.

Au well its over now and all we have is our memories...

Posted by Howard Dean on 03-07-04 at 05:56 PM

I'm not sure Larissa was really looking for guys with the same interests. I she had been, she probably would have kept Tony.

>but if they would have
>looked more for aj's who
>had the same interest as
>them i think the outcome
>would have been different.

Posted by ladro on 03-03-04 at 12:09 PM
As Ice pointed out, you can't draw a generalization from two women, let alone two women on a TV show. Are you always such misdirected a know-it-all, or is it just this post?

Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-03-04 at 12:23 PM
Actually I do know it all, im actually god just cruising the web. And because I dont go in your direction doesn't mean Im misdirected. I means I have a different opinion. And besides...Im RICK JAMES! BIOTCH! ...j/k... really

Posted by ladro on 03-03-04 at 12:32 PM
ahhh, I wasn't responding to your post.

Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-03-04 at 10:19 PM
Damn..i really must be losing my mind

Posted by theeditor on 03-03-04 at 12:51 PM
The ending to the show shouldn't be a surprise to anyone (and who says Brian is a nice guy?). This board is taking to task a gorgeous 25-year-old girl for wanting to be on the arm with a handsome guy, instead of having people snicker at her saying, "what's she doing with HIM (Brian)?" When the himbos came into the house her eyes lit up like the Empire State Building -- she's a beauty pageant contestant, for gosh sakes. She's surrounded by people saying how beautiful she is. I live in South Florida, and there are many beautiful people residing here, but if Larissa always looks as good as she did on that last night, she'd have 100 Gills lined up... For all the Average Joes out there, you get more action in the minor leagues; Larissa is major league material all the way.

Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-07-04 at 02:34 PM
Unless you have higher social status or money, or carisma.

Posted by Big Al on 03-03-04 at 01:38 PM
What you doing tonight Marty? I don't know. What you doing tonight Angie?

Posted by ballerina_of_doom on 03-03-04 at 02:24 PM
See, boys and girls? Generalized oversimplication is *FUN!*

Posted by Timer on 03-07-04 at 12:55 PM
>>Well, It was proved once again last night that women in todays society are just as shallow they claim us men to be, and that nice guys do finish last.<<

I don't see how anyone can be surprised by this when in the very first episode we see Larissa's true feelings about being paired with these dorks. (Her words)

She "went along" so the show wouldn't be a bust, but she must have been assured that there would be a lot more to what she was seeing on the surface. The producers might have hinted about either, the fact that more (better looking) guys would be introduced later or the fact that by going along could be a really good career move.

Anyway after some careful proding Larissa came back out all smiles and charm.

Right at that point I knew she was phonier than a three-dollar bill.

Posted by theeditor on 03-08-04 at 05:31 PM
Let's not forget the disclaimer credit at the end of the show -- that the producers "advised" Larissa, but she made the final call. Think about it -- where did this "chemistry" with Brian come from? She was with him on 1 date in the middle of the show on a boat? Other than that, the only time he was visible on camera was when he almost drowned in the triathlon and looked like a beached whale. The producers definitely convinced Larissa to keep Brian to the end

Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-07-04 at 02:32 PM
Attractiveness is like a class system. Most people do aim for their own class to be the most results. Oh course looks are just one part of what we are. But since we are talking about looks we all want Larissa or the Hunks (to some degree of physical diviation). Personality comes last of course.

"My advice to the all the AJ's: Stop crushing your self esteem and self image trying to find someone like Larissa. worth and find someone real. Someone who will appreciate you matter what you look like. Stop setting yourselves up for heartbreak."

As an average myself I have been turned down by the beautiful and the ugly equally. All guys get rejected by all kinds of girls for all kinds of reasons and to tell guys to only date their attractiveness level or lower my be realistic but it cannot deny guys wish for the beauty queen.

Posted by darkfalz on 03-16-04 at 11:49 PM
Women are not happy with men at their own level, they always want better (often MUCH better). They use cosmetics (and sex) to "ladder climb". And then the guys down the ladder miss out. Guys like me. Most of the women I've asked out looked more like Melana's "cousin" than Melana, but that didn't stop them rejecting me because I didn't look like Jason or Mike. That's women for you.

Posted by darkfalz on 03-16-04 at 11:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-04 AT 11:42 PM (EST)

I've had more problems than the AJ's competing for very average women. They act the same way as the Melana/Larissa types, they don't want to let THEIR lack of looks get in the way of wanting or getting a hunk. This is what fuels the billion dollar cosmetics industry. A few years ago I just gave up trying. Women enjoy hurting you as much as possible when rejecting you, there's no "I'm flattered but no thank you, maybe we can be friends?" anymore. Now it's "I think I speak on behalf of all women when I say HELL NO, NOT EVER, NOBODY would want you".

The show would have had the same result with an average woman instead of Melana, the only reason she had to be hot is because otherwise getting three hunks to compete for her midway through the show wouldn't have been possible. Michael wasn't too upset to be kicked off, because Melana is probably incredibly average compared to what he could normally date. I think Alex was just upset his stupid "I'm so humble" act didn't work.