URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3949
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Lvoe List -- Congeniality Based Rankings"

Posted by milkachulina on 04-13-10 at 04:21 PM
Hi All. Recently, I have noticed that the Teams that rank highest on the lvoe list are generally Teams that stay clear of the cattiness/bitterness/grudge-match/mean/nastiness that some Teams are involved in. Let me make it clear that I see nothing wrong with "congeniality" being factored into the lvoe list rankings. It's just that for me, I like seeing the competitiveness between the teams. Consequently, competitiveness brings out numerous character traits (read: flaws). That's what makes us human, especially in high-stressed situations like the Amazing Race. For example, I absolutely loved to hate Kendra/Freddy, Colin/Christie, and a few others. But, I recognized that they were good racers and they also made the show extremely interesting for me. If everyone was a "good guy" like Jet or Cord, I would find the show to be a little less entertaining. You never forget when morons like Kendra ask how a certain segment of the population can "breed" in their environment. Was she classy? No! Was she entertaining? Oh yeah!!! Same with Caite/Brent. Most of the time she makes me sick, but I love to hate her!

You gotta have drama on the Amazing Race. I need to see those Teams that bring just that...Drama!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Lvoe List -- Congeniality Based Rankings"
Posted by Starshine on 04-13-10 at 04:37 PM
I think the Lvoe list means different things to different people, for me it is "Who would I like to go to the pub with the most" I don't really see it as a good racer list.

YMMV

Sunning with the Cap'n

Just another Sleeperbloke