URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3947
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Why the hate for Sierra"

Posted by Enyo on 04-30-09 at 10:15 PM
I don't get to watch every week, but I obviously have missed enough to not understand.. why the hate for Sierra?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Why the hate for Sierra"
Posted by dabo on 04-30-09 at 10:21 PM
Prison stripes are so not a good look.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 05-01-09 at 07:10 AM
If any of the other players wore them, they'd look fat.

14 Carrot Sig by Tribephyl

Posted by Karchita on 05-02-09 at 00:56 AM
I thought they were more of an awning stripe look. Very fetching ... for an umbrella.

Posted by Snidget on 05-01-09 at 07:28 AM
It is funny, a lot of seasons she'd be the head of the young people's kill off everyone over 30 clique.

I think some of it is she doesn't care to really try fit in with people she can't stand and would rather stab you in the front so you can see it coming while there are witnesses around.

Most of the ones that seem to hate her are the ones that need everyone else to be their pawns and she just doesn't want to play that role for them. I think most of them just stay out of the way and are glad someone else is getting in trouble so the target stays off them.

Posted by byoffer on 05-01-09 at 08:51 AM
I don't think they showed much of this, but they did a bit. Despite being this little waif, she was actually a fierce competitor and not afraid to stand up to any of the others, even Coach. We applaud her for that, but I think that hurt her with the other competitors.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-01-09 at 09:13 AM
Agree. And her attitude reminds me a little of Courtney.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by kingfish on 05-02-09 at 07:05 AM
Cortney is a good comparison. She's sweeter than courtney, not as sugary as Sugar.

I think ByO nailed her.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-02-09 at 07:33 AM

>I think ByO nailed her.

Does his wife know about that?

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

Posted by ADKer on 05-02-09 at 12:38 PM
Was anyone else offended by Coach, of all people, calling Sierra stupid? While I kind of like Sierra - she tried hard to play the game, especially for a 23 year old blonde model - I have no problem with folks who criticized her for crying and following Brendan's lead too much, but stupid is a stretch, especially coming from Coach. I am not offended by castaways lying, etc - it's part of the game. I do think that they should be a little careful about the epithets they sling around.

Posted by Karchita on 05-02-09 at 12:50 PM
Let me check my list of things that Coach has said that offend me ... this will take a minute ... hmmm, oh, there it is. Page 82, item #1053. Yep, that was offensive.

His whole attitude toward Sierra has been that of a bully. He decided she was weak within the first few minutes of the game (or even before it started) and has picked on her ever since. I was really hoping she'd outlast him, but now all I can hope is that he is next to go.

*waves to ADKer*
Welcome to the boards!

Posted by suzzee on 05-03-09 at 08:38 AM
His whole attitude toward Sierra has been that of a bully. He decided she was weak within the first few minutes of the game (or even before it started) and has picked on her ever since.

I think he put some moves on her like he did to Candace (remember the licking thing). He can't stand anyone that rejects him (Erinn, Candace, Sierra (she said in an interview they had a brother/sister relationship and he wouldn't like this if he had other things in mind), challenge his status (Brendan)whether real or perceived by him, or challenge his integrity (Sierra again). His answer to those incidents is to make them an enemy and belittle them (he called her dragon dung). I read that after the first rejection he made Sierra sleep outside the shelter but I don't know if there is truth to this or not.

In a nutshell he wraps himself in a protective layer of his reality and does his level best to cast those who reject him as dragons, cancers or any of a number of disparaging remarks.

I surmise his final exit will vindicate those he's bullied but he'll never admit it.

Agman camouflaged me for S17

Posted by nerovh on 05-03-09 at 12:14 PM
The first day on the truck, Coach signalled the others with his eyes that Sierra was not worthy lol.

Yeah, I think Coach held a huge grudge against her because she took to Brendan instead of him. When Brendan was voted out, Coach made some comment about he "out-led" Brendan. He was still holding a grudge because people had thought Brendan was a better leader. Coach and Tyson set the tone for how Sierra was treated and the others acted like sheep and followed it because they didn't want to rock the boat. Personally, I think Coach wanted the pretty young thing to be hanging on his every word, but instead she took up with Brendan and all Coach got was Debbie kissing his butt.

I was shocked to see that JT said he hated to keep Sierra because she was a "lying b!tch" and that he "hated" her. First off, she hadn't done anything to JT, he had barely been around her enough to even know her. Second, for him to call anyone else a liar is just priceless considering he was in the midst of plotting to blindside Tyson and he and Stephen had previously talked about tricking Taj and voting her out while they kept her immunity idol.

Tyson is just a jerk, and Sierra knew it, so he didn't like her.

Even if she got a "good edit", I just can't see how Sierra did anything that deserved the way she was treated. If she had really done something that awful, there's no way it would have been edited out because it would have made "good tv".

I hope there is a fan favorite vote this time and that Sierra wins it just to repay the other players for their behavior.

Posted by suzzee on 05-03-09 at 01:04 PM
I wonder if the lying JT refers to was the whole thing with Coach and Debbie and Sierra telling them about Coach wanting to put Timbira back together for a majority vote. That whole thing played out in front of everyone and I do think Coach was running back to JT telling him Sierra lied about it. You have to remember there are many times that bits of confessional aren't always shown in order of events.

Certifiable Guest at Tribe’s Lodge

Posted by nerovh on 05-03-09 at 01:23 PM
JT said he hated Sierra and called her a lying witch when he was talking to Erinn, Taj, and Stephen about whether to vote off Tyson instead of her. At that point he hadn't really even been around Sierra that long and I can't see how he had that much of a basis for being so nasty about her.

Posted by Spanky68 on 05-05-09 at 00:10 AM
I have spent so much of my anger on coach, that I haven't had any time to dislike Sierra, even if I wanted to.

But that said, we only see a small fraction of what goes on in any three day period. And we are at the mercy of MB's edit as to what we do get to see. There is a possibility then that Sierra was edited to look innocent to heighten the image of Coach Delusional as the bad guy (not that it would take much rigging there).

Or maybe JT is right. Maybe she does come across as itchy. Stephen said that there was too much drama whenever she was around. Could be he was on to something.

Or maybe she is being hated unjustifiably.

Agman made this fancy sig for me

Posted by Belle Book on 05-05-09 at 03:30 PM
I think it's just that she's very blunt and outspoken. After awhile, that would tend to get annoying, I suspect.

Belle Book

Posted by citywitch on 05-05-09 at 05:13 PM
I agree. From the interviews, etc. it seems that Sierra doesn't operate with any sort of filter. She doesn't seem to stop and think (especially before speaking) - she's very "in the moment" and unpredictable. That might be hard to take.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 05-06-09 at 10:10 PM
Maybe because she has the same facial mannerisms as Debbie Downer (the classic SNL character, I mean.)

It's as if everything she says should be followed with "Wah waaaaaaaah..."

And the sad thing is, she's not even the biggest downer in the game. That honor still goes to Erinnnnnnnnn, owner of the Prada glasses.