URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3941
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S18 Gufu Award: Week 9"

Posted by dabo on 04-24-09 at 00:09 AM
BWAAA-HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor. Each week you have a designated number of votes you may award for Contestant Gufus! Except for Coach; Coach gets his own special Coach Gufus. Should you notice any gufus of dangdumbness for noncontestant stuff, these are Production Gufus, a separate category with its very own designated number of votes you may award. Should you wish to exceed your designated votes, these are Honorary Gufus.

This week you have three (3) Contestant votes, unlimited (unlimited) Coach votes, and eleven (11) Production votes.

I'll start!

Production #1: Seriously, shuffleboard, that was the best you could come up with?

Coach #1: What was all that samurai bs, it's a frikkin' game you numbskull!

Production #2: Another Coach morning routine, really? I understand you editors love this freak but it got boring about two seconds into the first time.

Contestant #1: Sierra, I'm actually liking the routine, but quit it with the crying. It is not real life, it is just a dumb game.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S18 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Posted by citywitch on 04-24-09 at 06:03 AM
Contestant #1: JT- so Sierra's a lying b**ch? What does that make you? You do realize this is Survivor...everybody is lying.

Contestant #2: Sierra - so fight then, don't cry. Be loud & proud "now's your chance, vote Tyson out" "I said I'd be loyal IF you saved me which you DIDN'T"

Production: the entire editing staff. Why is Sierra so universally disliked?? & why is coach so universally accepted?

Posted by Max Headroom on 04-24-09 at 07:40 AM
Sierra: For doing a victory dance before the immunity challenge was over.

agman's helping me survive

Posted by b1whois on 04-24-09 at 12:34 PM
production: third week of useless coach "meditation" scene, stop it!
debbie: for the first time i can remember it actually would have made sense to give away the IN. you could have protected your alliance without putting yourself at risk. and it would have made great TV!

Posted by Dakota on 04-24-09 at 01:34 PM
Hi. Welcome.

If you want to up that DAW count and get out of the Novice category, go to Off Topics and start posting nonsense. They've made an art of it over there. Then come to Loser Lodge next season. No skill required, just take some guesses and play nekkid beach volleyball or sumpin'. Best part: no matter how big a loser you are you can't get booted out of Loser Lodge unless you just don't show up.

surfkitten sigshop 2007

Posted by jbug on 04-24-09 at 02:56 PM
They've? They? yea, like you don't do your part.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Posted by samboohoo on 04-24-09 at 01:00 PM
1. Erinn/Tyson/Debbie/Coach: Take your pick or give them .25 each, but collectively they earn a gufu for being complete and utter arases to Sierra.

2. Stephen: For not even attempting to check the tree mail post for the idol. They gave you a clue

3. Sierra: Premature celebration, although I will only give you a half point since they threw it in your face first. The other half will be for not even making an attempt to change your fate. You are lucky someone did it for you.

Coach: For not finding a puzzle board in the Amazon. Surely there is one there someone.

Coach: Eating during the IC.

Production:

1. Enough with Coach.
2. Shuffleboard - in the rain.
3. Since you're so in love with Coach, for not providing another Coach-friendly challenge.
4. Maybe. Depends on if there is another idol or not. If going to give a clue, there should be an idol. I think hiding in the same place this late in the game might actually be sort of brilliant.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"Next semi-contest:"
Posted by Estee on 04-24-09 at 02:54 PM
Other than Creative (Unsupported) Lying, come up with a Benji-friendly challenge.

"RE: Next semi-contest:"
Posted by LFJ on 04-24-09 at 03:14 PM
The most outstanding portrayal by a reality tv show participant of an arrogant, delusional, oh-so-unctuous personality...ever?

"RE: Next semi-contest:"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-25-09 at 01:30 PM
"Here's a dozen pygmies. Outrun them and you can win the reward."

Posted by jbug on 04-24-09 at 01:26 PM
Production: Why not give the exilee a choice of looking at the clue or a 'sugar' shack like last year? After it's pretty obvious the HII (s) have been found, what's the purpose of EI?
The person going could be enjoying a bit of food and no one else would know about it - as long as Stephen continued to be the one sent.

Byoffer: for his lime helmet

Posted by Dakota on 04-24-09 at 01:28 PM
1. The whole dang bunch for treating Sierra like she's untrustworthy while Taj and Stephen had an alliance with Sierra and Brendan and put a couple of big ol' Amazon sized knives in their backs.
2. Sierra for crying instead of going at them with an alternative, planting the seed, then giving your all at IC. Heck, try to find the idol in Stephen's pocket or Taj's bag. Steal the freakin' thing. But don't grovel and cry.
3. I love me some JT, but he waffled. Stephen's got to go, I'm with you on Sierra, I'm with you on Tyson. Made for great TV though. The suspense, the drama, the thrill of it all. I loved it. I wanted him to get out of this without lying, so I'm disappointed, but I think this lie will get him at least two votes from the jury.

Coach:
1. Coach for being so arrogant. Has he ever watched this show? The high and mighty always get bonked. His wing man was taken out last night. The first bonk.
2. Coach for thinking he's a ninja. (Also see Production)

Production:
Shuffleboard and supporting this ninja delusion.

surfkitten sigshop 2007

Posted by byoffer on 04-24-09 at 03:46 PM
Why do I feel that BWAHAHAHA is aimed at me???

copied from that other thread.

Contestant #1 - Sierra - It would seem that Coach, Tyson, and Debbie are against you, and yet you spent all your time speaking to them. Just a thought, but maybe it is time to talk to the Jalapao people??

Contestant #2 - Erinn - Sierra was getting b1tch-slapped by Coach, Tyson, and even Debbie. Why join in? It would seem there is some bad blood between Sierra and Erinn, but if I was in the game (and wanting to win!) I would be doing whatever I could to heal things before the jury. When Erinn jumped into that attack on Sierra it was just salt in the wound.

Coach - That b!tch slap from Jeff at the end of the RC, and then again at tribal, were awesome. Coach needs to think about the following: "It is better to be quiet and let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it."

Production #1 - "eat as long as the challenge lasts" works better for endurance challenges. Seemed goofy for this one.

Production #2 - That reward challenge was cool, but eat and then do martial arts gymnastics is clearly not a good idea. I loved the look on Erinn's face when she was puking and looked up and saw the camera. It must be so frustrating to not even be able to get a personal moment to do that!

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

Posted by Belle Book on 04-24-09 at 06:14 PM
Here's my gufus:

Production: Showing another Coach morning workout.

Coach & Tyson (especially Tyson): for treating Sierra so horribly. By doing so, you helped cause Tyson's demise.

Sierra: I wouldn't just cry. I'd try to do something about my fate. But maybe you tried and we just didn't see it.

And another for Coach: don't compare samurai to contestants on Survivor, please.

Belle Book

Posted by dabo on 04-25-09 at 00:21 AM
And another for Coach: don't compare samurai to contestants on Survivor, please.

Yes, yes, yes! It's Survivor, it's a game. And a stupid but entertaining TV show. But mainly a game. It isn't war, it isn't business, it isn't a holy conversion for eternal salvation, it isn't a test of honor, it isn't a test of courage, it isn't a vacation, it isn't real life, it's a game.

Posted by Belle Book on 04-25-09 at 10:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-09 AT 10:58 AM (EST)

Exactly! It may be called Survivor, but it's still a TV show -- and a game. Comparisons to samurai are well and good in their place -- but this isn't their place.

Belle Book