URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3940
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Less chance to catch up?"

Posted by seas72 on 03-23-10 at 05:04 PM
It seems like this season and at least the last season it seems the destinations are in the same country or close enough to take transportation other than flying. When the teams had to fly usually the flights were hours away and therefore gave the other teams a chance to catch up. I wonder if it's a budgeting issue or the producers are trying to make it more difficult on the racers to catch up.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Less chance to catch up?"
Posted by Starshine on 03-23-10 at 05:16 PM
Well a lot of people were complaining about bunching points so maybe the producers are doing this to stop them. They could have put an "hours of operation" at the rapelling I suppose.

There were a few places where people went wrong, and the clues are harder so I suppose the race should be the way I want it, however in a strange sort of way I am missing the racing part, it seems that this race if you get ahead you stay ahead. Has any team overtaken another team during a task so far?

Never happy, that's me!

J Slice what a cool lady

Just another Sleeperbloke

Posted by Snidget on 03-23-10 at 05:34 PM
I think it takes some balance.

Just I seem to remember some shows where there were at least 2 major bunching points in the same darn leg (I swear I remember 3 bunching in a leg but I might be wrong) so doing well on a task really never got you anywhere. The only advantage to winning a leg was you got a prize.

I like some bunching but I also like to see ability count for something and not have pretty much every episode be complete luck of the draw. We've had a few too many "huh?" teams make it to the finale that I do like having a least one set of episodes where cumulative screw ups could get you eliminated.

I suspect we'll get some bunching very soon.

If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity. - Bill Vaughan

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-23-10 at 05:28 PM
That's a very good question. I didn't really think about that angle until now when you brought it up.

I like how they are keeping some of the clues without any explanation and all the racers have to go on is by the name shown on the item (i.e. the champagne cork).

There's been very little changing in the standings from episode to episode, so something needs to be done to shake it up and give people in the bottom half a better shot at moving up and vice versa. Hopefully the producers took a mid-season note of how this season was going and changed things up a little for the next few episodes.

At least with Dumb and Dumber now out of the race, we're down to (mostly) good racers to finish out this season.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 03-23-10 at 08:03 PM
"At least with Dumb and Dumber now out of the race, we're down to (mostly) good racers to finish out this season."

Oh Pepe! I think you are being too generous!!! ;) My sister is calling Caite and Brent "Caite and BOZO"!!! Haha! Wow, the longer she gets screen time, the meaner and lower class she shows herself to be . . .! Whew!

But yes, Jordan is so dumb, she makes Caite look like a 5th grader!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-23-10 at 08:12 PM
Heh, that`s why I said, "(mostly) good racers..."

Caite is so young and so clueless with maps that I think she *is* a fifth grader. If she`s even gotten that far.