URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3930
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
""The important thing is how his tragic death affects me.""

Posted by Estee on 04-10-09 at 03:20 AM
Gary and the bug allergies redux, wasn't it?

How many people do you think actually cared about Joe? It looked as if the number was a lot closer to zero than it was to nine. Sure, we're shown only what the editors want us to see -- but as always, they can't show what you don't do, and Taj's first reaction was still 'Hooray! No TC for me!', while Tyson and Benji both went off to complain about the delay in their plans. Joe left and Joe, as the editing had already suggested, might as well have never existed. Nothing mattered to most of the group except the lack of blood on their hands for this ouster, which they'd been so looking forward to, and how dare Medical take away their fun!

Tyson's already been proving himself as a sociopath-for-rent, while Benji has no concept of outside opinions having validity. Follow the spread of the ripples, look at what the casting seems to have been aiming for, and what we seem to be on track towards is a group of people who would never, ever backstab you.

If they did it from the back, they wouldn't be able to watch your face.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: "The important thing is how his tragic death affects me.""
Posted by mindy23 on 04-10-09 at 09:03 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-09 AT 09:04 AM (EST)

From what I could see, it sure didn't seem to matter much to anyone that Joe had a horrible case of cellulitis, or a creepy parasite looming in his leg, eating the bone away. At least not at the last, when they had their jollies taken away from the TC they were all planning! His own tribe seemed to care before they merged, but after the merge? It was definitely every man and woman for themself.

When it comes right down to it, I didn't even know who Joe really was until he went to Exile with Erinn. Even then, he was still quite the mystery.

One thing I wondered was-they didn't show him taking any of his belongs with him, so does that mean that Erinn thinks he has one of the HII? If so, will she be going through his things to help herself to it, even though WE all know it's fake? As well as Taj and Stephen??

I sure hope that TPTB don't just drop that whole scenario, and never bring it up again, until maybe reunion time. After all, it would have been a huge deal, had he tried to play it last night, right? At least that's what I'm thinking....

"RE: "The important thing is how his tragic death affects me.""
Posted by Belle Book on 04-10-09 at 11:46 AM
I think J.T., Joe, Stephen and Taj all cared (although I'd agree that Taj probably still was relieved that there was no TC for her). Erinn probably also cared. The others -- not so sure. Brendan & Sierra didn't know Joe and Ben & Tyson were more upset about having their plans delayed (and possibly squashed, if Brendan gains the upper hand) than about Joe.

Belle Book