URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3926
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S18 Gufu Award: Week 5"

Posted by dabo on 04-03-09 at 09:08 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-09 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

Edit: Oops, Week 6! Week 6! Week 6!

WooHoo! I'm back online! Unfortunately, it is just temporary.

A gufu to my internet peeps, they are still jacking me around. I may have to stop paying them.

Anyway...

The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor. Each week you have a designated number of votes you may award for Contestant Gufus! Except for Coach; Coach gets his own special Coach Gufus. Should you notice any gufus of dangdumbness for noncontestant stuff, these are Production Gufus, a separate category with its very own designated number of votes you may award. Should you wish to exceed your designated votes, these are Honorary Gufus.

This week you have three (3) Contestant Gufus, unlimited (unlimited) Coach Gufus, and two (2) Production Gufus!

Contestant #1: Joe and Erinn: for not taking into account the obvious prospect that Taj, Stephen, Brendan and Sierra might already have found the HIIs.

Coach #1: Ben Ben Ben: bad enough that undercooked beans are better, more nutritious even, than ruined overcooked beans, adding unboiled river water to the mix just delayed the rest of the tribe getting their chow! Let them eat and overcook your own beans, dumdum!

Contestant #2: Taj: For leaving the HII on top of everything in her bag where a snoopy cheater could immediately find it instead of hiding it deeper or carrying it on her person.

Honorable Mention (just to save my third contestant vote): Timbira could have easily tanked the IC and gotten rid of the cancer in their tribe, namely Maestro Ben Call-Me-Coach. Normally I would be absolutely deadset against any tribe intentionally losing an IC, but letting this yoyo Ben closer to the jury phase is totally stupid.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S18 Gufu Award: Week 5"
Posted by jbug on 04-03-09 at 09:30 AM
This is an either or:

Brendan & Sierra - for not even talking about what would happen when Erinn came back with the clues to the HII.

Erinn - for not looking for the HII.

or

Production - for not showing us Brenden & Sierra talking about what would happen when Erinn came back with the clues to the HII.

Production - for not showing Erinn looking for the HII.

Posted by nailbone on 04-03-09 at 10:22 AM
Timbira could have easily tanked the IC and gotten rid of the cancer in their tribe, namely Maestro Ben Call-Me-Coach. Normally I would be absolutely deadset against any tribe intentionally losing an IC, but letting this yoyo Ben closer to the jury phase is totally stupid.

Except to do so at this point would even out the tribes at 5 going into the merge. This way, Timbira has a 6 to 4 majority, and can control the new tribe. Then, unless Coach wins an individual IC, they can get rid of him easily in the next week or two.

"Why go halfway bad when you can go all-the-way crazy?" - RNO

"Agree"
Posted by dabo on 04-03-09 at 10:31 AM
This is a game where you have to accept the risks involved in every decision you make, another reason I made it an Honorable Mention. Still, at some point in this stage of the game shouldn't there be some consideration of the formulation of the jury? Maestro Ben Wingnut should be offed before the jury stage, his nepotism would just mean at the end, "Kiss my fat bodacious ego if you want my vote."

Posted by ajglitch on 04-03-09 at 12:22 PM
Stephen - for saying during the discussion of re-hiding the HII "lets put it back in my dress short's pocket" errr Stephen he found it in a bag not your shorts dude! Good thing JT isn't so bright and didn't pick up on that gaffe.

Taj - for hiding it in the camps empty gathering bags. DUH

JT - go back and hit the damn plate again instead of aiming at small target. Sigh....

Joe - keeping the hot chick is your game plan?

Production - for the lame misdirect on JT and Stephen considering "stealing" the idol with the blindside. "Technically" does not add up to "owning" the HII and we know it.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 04-03-09 at 06:29 PM
Do you mean that if someone stole someone else's idol that Jiffy would prevent them from playing it? I know they don't own it - but CAN they use it if it's in their possession and the true owner did not specifically give it to them to use it that night to save themselves?

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by ajglitch on 04-08-09 at 01:29 PM
While I cannot say for 100% certain, I do believe that the idol has to have been specifically given to the person who tries to use it. You cannot tell me that someone would not have already tried to do this if they thought they could get away with it? Its not like the contestants tend to be of scrupulous morals when it comes to winning a million bucks.

I think it is probably either something they know in advance or something production tells them off camera (out edit) if/when they try to pull the stunt off. I think that it wouldn't be done at TC because it would out who the owner of the idol really was and perhaps the show stops short of that.

Posted by Belle Book on 04-03-09 at 04:23 PM
I'm going with the first two contestant votes of Joe & Erinn for not considering that Stephen, Taj, Brendan and/or Sierra could have already found the Hidden Immunity Idol and the one of Taj for not hiding the HII carefully enough. The third one is J.T. for not hitting the first two tiles hard enough that the sand will just fly out like Tyson did.

The Coach Gufu would be the one where Coach ruins the beans! Idiot.

Belle Book

Posted by PsychoKitty on 04-03-09 at 08:50 PM
You are ALL raising excellent points! Especially you Dabo - I never thought about it but it definitely makes sense to get rid of the "#####-a-roach" before he can sit on the jury.

My GUFU's are:

#1) JT, Taj, Stephen - why did they think they needed to talk to Joe about voting off Wassername? What IS her name? Wow - complete blank . . Oh yeah Sydney! Well that's how memorable she is. Anyhow - so the three of them vote her off and she goes. No other planning needed, and no danger of Taj losing her idol, etc. Why make a mess and complicate things?

#2) Taj - How COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS to hide her idol where ANYONE would see it! What the #### was she thinking? Can she think? Some of her actions are just mind numbing. She could really throw away the entire game. . .

#3) Coach - just have to say it - what a douchebag - all that stuff about the beans - What an insincere apology. It's hard to believe it's possible, but he is getting even MORE unbearable!!!! And from a strategic standpoint - irritating your entire team because you think you are above them all, is not good strategy! Yeech!

#4) JT - He is seeming mighty gullible right now. He didn't notice Stephen's slip ups? He had better start playing the game better.

Production) DID Erinnnnnnn go look for the idol? We should see whether or not she did. Probably too busy sunbathing to bother, but who knows?!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl