URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 392
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Supernova Love List: week 8"

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 08-23-06 at 00:22 AM
So what did you think of the week eight performances by these seven rockers? Have new favorites emerged, did old favorites make your heart beat faster yet again, or who disappointed and had you scratching your head wondering what the *bleep* was that?

Remember that a love list is all about you and whatever you want to base it on. As long as you’re being true to your feelings, then it is correct.

1) Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car” (6,8,7,3,1,3,1) Listened to this song in week one or two and enjoyed but tonight I LOVED it. Unlike the Patrice original, I could listen to this song hundreds of times and not be bored with it. That was a rock show and Ryan is a complete animal on stage! Of all the rawkers, Mr. Star has improved and upped his game the most. How can he still be a dark-horse when leading the pack? For me, tonight Ryan put himself into the finale and there may actually be a glimmer of hope for him to win.

2) Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take” (1,1,1,1,2,2,2) Okay I know there has been some Dilana bashing going on but I’m not easily swayed. She is still my favorite with Ryan now being a very close second. Didn’t use the gravel tone and it sounded lovely. Whatever happens in the web episodes is meaningless to me, it’s about the performances. Oh and by the way, the person who comes up with the best funny of what was on her eyes will win a cookie

3) Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla” (10,3,10,7,6,6,6) Ugg kills me to admit that a song done by my lovely Jordis in season one was done better in season two. Being a guy, could have done without the clothing removal but the wifey seemed to like it. Coincidence that she basically attacked me after the Toby performance? Nope and for that I thank you Toby.

4) Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin” (5,6,4,2,3,5,7) Crazy eyes was back and it was good to see! Loved the first part of the song but it did fade some. She did kind of wimp out on a few of the higher notes but who doesn’t with an Aerosmith song besides Steven Tyler? Looked her usual amazing self and love her back and forth with SN. The girl can hold her own against anyone.

5) Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit” (13,4,3,4,4,4,5) Been waiting for the Iceman to not play it safe and dirty himself up some. Well he had the perfect song for that but all I saw was a really good singer trying to sound grungy. Felt forced. Not saying it’s as bad as his week one “Satisfaction” but it’s close.

6) Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing” (8,10,9,12,10,10,8) Like with Z, really happy she got to put an original into the ears of millions worldwide. It’s was okay and had a nice little groove to it. If I heard it on the radio, would probably be into it the first couple times I heard it and then look for something better there after. Decent way to go if it is indeed her swan song.

7) Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done” (3,2,5,5,7,1,3) Left me feeling limp. Very little energy and he did his usual drunk sailor dance moves. For all the criticism Dilana gets for sounding the same, couldn’t the same be applied to Lukas? Not saying I don’t like the Lucky Charm because I do, but he could use another “oh my friggin gawd” performance to keep me on the Lukas lovetrain.

Booted: Zayra Alvarez (2,5,2,10,9,8,4) I really dug the look of Z from the start but the vocals never quite did it for me. I was entertained and glad she did make it this far.

The order the contestants appeared …

Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing”
Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car”
Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin”
Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take”
Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla”
Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done”

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Supernova Love List: week 8"
Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 00:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-06 AT 00:35 AM (EST)

Cute doggie! Such a well-behaved little bugger that Chopper is. Which is what you would expect from Gilby's dog.
House Band killed it again. I'm always so impressed with them. And I'm always so surprised by how good they really are.

1. Ryan - Back of Your Car - I love this song. I love his passion. Yay for House Band for doing it so well. Extra props to the gorgeous Jimmy for doing the little dance move for my Mr. Lustmuffin. I love how his voice can change to that high "ooooo" thingy so simply and effortlessly and then go back to the intense swoonworthy voice that I adore. I can't tell you how many shades of excited I am that this song was on international television. And my heart is warmed knowing he had friends (including the bassist from Stage) in the audience. Best performance of the season.
2. Lukas - All These Things That I Have Done - Baby got edged out because Ryan performed the best song to ever appear on this show in two seasons. But hotdamn Luke killed it. I loved the looking in Rafi's mirrored guitar. Such charisma this boy has. I love his voice. I love his stage presence. I love his hair. I love his smile. It brightens up his entire face and makes it (impossibly) even more beautiful. He knows where the good television camera angles are too. That, I firmly believe, is why he kept going back to face Nate. That's okay, baby, I like seeing the lighting on you over the drum kit.
3. Toby - Layla - I enjoyed his take on this song. *smacks Gilby* I enjoyed him ripping his hoody off. I think this was his best performance to date. Even better than week one's KOHD which I didn't think was possible for him to pull off. So cute when he got uncomfortable without his shirt when the song was over. I wish the part where Lukas tweaked his nipples was shown on television. *pout*
4. Magni - Smells Like Teen Spirit - I wasn't sure if I liked this better than Storm's Cryin or not, so I rewatched their performances (and Ryan's, Toby's and Lukas'). I liked this better than Storm's simply because I love his voice and the angst really showed through.
5. Storm - Cryin' - Crazy-eyed Storm is finally back. Yay! I love this woman. I just think the boys were much better tonight. Love her interaction with the band.
6. Patrice - Beautiful Thing - mad props to Patty P. This was a very good song. She should be on the radio. She's incredibly talented and professional. I wish good things for her.
7. Dilana - Every Breath You Take - I heard that she did different things with her voice tonight but I didn't hear anything different. zzzzzzz Just because she's at the bottom of my list, doesn't mean I didn't like it at all though. I just liked everybody else more (because they're better, IMO). Maybe because I was hoping for the scary stalker version of the song. But awww, it was for her mom. *rolls eyes* Whatthefvckever Those pink eyelashes? ew. But her hair looked beautiful.

ETA: I really miss our lovely Zayra. I'm listening to her as I'm voting for my lustmuffin.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Posted by xwraith27 on 08-23-06 at 00:54 AM
Was able to watch early only because I'm on sick leave, and I got major headaches, so I'm making this quick

1. Ryan Star - "Back of Your Car" Hated the last note, but it was a great song performed by a great singer. I think the guitar thing was too much, though. It seemed like he did that just to make sure that he breaks something onstage earlier than Magni.

2. Magni - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

3. Dilana - "Every Breath You Take" Seriously, what's up with adding "Dilana, Dilana, Dilana" to the lyrics? If she was trying to send subliminal messages for me to vote for her, then it worked. It was the first time I voted, mostly because I have always seen the show after the Asian voting window was closed.

4. Storm Large - "Cryin" A lot of notes were just out of her range. Still, she made the song work for her and it turned out to be quite good.

5. Toby Rand - "Layla" Didn't like it.

6. Patrice Pike - "Beautiful Thing" Didn't like it.

7. Lukas Rossi - "All These Things That I've Done" Hated it. I'd consider this Lukas' worst performance since the first week of Rock Star.

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 01:04 AM
3. Dilana - "Every Breath You Take" Seriously, what's up with adding "Dilana, Dilana, Dilana" to the lyrics?

LOL! I forgot about that. I turned to DH and said, "Is she saying 'Dilana, Dilana, Dilana'?" *scrunches up nose* We didn't like it enough to rewind and relisten. So I'm glad you mentioned that.

*returns to voting fingers to bloody stumps*

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Posted by cheesybread on 08-23-06 at 07:20 AM
I missed this in the original performance but heard it on the web playback. That was just another in a (suddenly?) seemingly endless series of DAW moments for Dilana lately.

Posted by xwraith27 on 08-23-06 at 09:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-06 AT 09:19 AM (EST)

Originally I found it amusing. Then a bit annoying. Then a lot weird (but I like weird, so EVS right?). More than her mom, I think she was dedicating this song to herself.

"Dilana, Dilana, Dilana... I'll be watching you."

Posted by cycles2k on 08-23-06 at 01:08 AM
This show gets better every week. I like all these performers and ranking them is very difficult when they all bring it like they did tonight.

1) Ryan - (Original) Back of your Car Loved the song, love Ryan's performance.

2) Lukas - All These Things That I've Done Lukas put on a real show for us. The guitar mirror thing was a clever comedic touch at just the right time.

3) Storm - Cryin' Tough girl Storm looked and sounded super sexy. She couldn't quite hit the Tyler high's but it was great. Her banter with the band was very comfortable.

4) Magni - Smells Like Teen Spirit Magni sang well, but I just did not enjoy this performance because I do not like that song.

5) Patrice - Beautiful Thing - Original song I was pleasantly surprised with this song and Patrice's performance.

6) Toby - Layla. All I can say is, I bet Glow's TV is pretty wet after that. I will read Glow's comments after posting this and see if I am right.

7) Dilana - Every Breath You Take e. Not sure which I enjoyed less, Dilana's performance or the band falling all over themselves praising it . Actually her falsetto was fine and she did well, but others did better.

All contestants deserve congratulations for an excellent show.

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 01:27 AM
LOL! No television licking tonight. I was on good behaviour, I swear. *innocent face*

Also, I like how your love lists are always almost in the right order.

Posted by xwraith27 on 08-23-06 at 01:44 AM
I literally laughed out loud at the "wet TV" comment but for different, non PG-13 reasons. Now I can't get the thought out of my head.

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 02:04 AM
HA! I don't really know how to comment to that in PG-13 form, but that was very funny.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-23-06 at 04:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-06 AT 05:07 AM (EST)

Very strong show this week as all the remaining rockers are showing a high level of talent. Here's my list:

1. Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car”(1) - Liked the original song. He was great, right up until he guitar throw. It felt very DAW and lame considering what had just been said to Magni. (Which, by the way made no sense to me, I mean talk about cliche'd rock star moves. The guitar smash, common!)

2. Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin”(3) - She has a great voice and once again proved to be the most dynamic performer on the stage, in my mind. Maybe it's just because she is beautiful, but I could watch her sing a lullaby and be enthralled.

3. Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla”(5) - I really liked his rearrangement, right up until the guitar lick that slows the tempo down. It is part of the original, but I have always thought that it sucks the energy from this otherwise great song. But all in all it was one of his best performances. Being a guy, the bare-chest thing does nothing for me, but it was funny how he struggled to get his hood off!

4. Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing”(8) - I think she has clearly demostrated she is the best song writer of the group. And that is a huge asset. Unfortunately, she just lacks any WOW on stage. It's more like, cool song, I'd like to hear someone else do it.

5. Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit”(4) - I think that was an awesome Nivana cover. I was impressed by how he was able to control his voice for the screams and come back in tune after. However, he loses points for me because he has yet to change a song to suit him. He is very adapt at recreating songs the way they were originally done, I just don't know what his style is. That being said, this probably wasn't the song to try to change.

6. Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done”(2) - I thought he showed a little more of his real voice but again there was nothing new here. Turning is back on the crowd was really annoying.

7. Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take”(6) - Her shameless self promotion with "Da Na na, Dilana, Dilana" was lame. The eye things were totally distracting. If this was a song for her Mother, then I was missing the emotional connection. She, also, did nothing new. Once again recieved zero constructive criticism.

Later Gator - Zayra - She kept it interesting while the obvious lesser talents and mis-fits were eleminated. She basically was no longer needed, as the competition is real now.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-23-06 at 07:22 AM
Coincidence that she basically attacked me after the Toby performance? Nope and for that I thank you Toby.

Even this couldn't get me out of the dog house with my DW last night. Lucky b*****d!

Posted by nailbone on 08-23-06 at 10:46 AM
Ditto.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Breezy on 08-23-06 at 08:35 AM
1. Ryan Star – Back of your Car Was great! But. He loses points for throwing his guitar. *rolls eyes* Can you be anymore cliche? *major eye roll* for the SN idiots to even mention someone needed to do that.

2. Dilana – Every Breath you Take Very nice, she got rid of the gravel in parts and let the gravel show in other parts.

3. Storm Large - Cryin Very good job on a difficult song to sing.

4. Toby Rand – Layla Only ahead of Magni because I hate that Nirvana song.

5. Magni – Smells Like Teen Spirit Consistent and boring.

6. Patrice Pike – Beautiful Thing I think if someone else with a voice sang this it would be good. Patrice's voice is to bland and forgettable.

7. Lukas Rossi – All These Things That I've Done What the hell was that? It started out good and then he closed his throat again and turned his back on us. Not good. Quit mumbling.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Posted by zombiebaby on 08-23-06 at 11:05 AM
*copies the Breeze*

I find I like Magni the best overall but he is not the best.

I am liking Ryan more and more each week.

Dilana is getting a little boring to me.

I used to like Lukas and now I just don't get him anymore. I don't like him.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Posted by Breezy on 08-23-06 at 11:10 AM
Magni does have the best voice of them all. I'd rather see him do a solo thing though.

Posted by geg6 on 08-23-06 at 08:38 AM
I only have a partial list because I was being distracted during the show. But I saw some things I loved beyond reason and at least one thing that make me want to hurl.

1) Ryan - Original "Back of Your Car" - Okay, no real life man (no matter how hot he is) could have stopped me from watching that. I was stopped in my tracks. He's amazing, just amazing. I want that song. Now. Preferably with video. He has to be the frontrunner now. No one else is close, IMHO.

2) Toby - Eric Clapton "Layla" - His best performance to date. And it was massively improved by the beefcake.

3) Lukas - The Killers "All These Things That I've Done" - Sorry, Glowie. Missed it. But I had a very good reason. But he gets here based on past performance.

4) Magni - Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Another one I missed. But he gets this spot because, although he has a great voice, he has not yet shown me he is anything other than a wonderful cover singer.

5) Patrice - Original "Beautiful Thing" - My third miss. She's here because I hated the next two so much that I can't believe it was worse.

6) Storm - Aerosmith "Cryin'" - I'd still switch hit with her. She's just so beautiful. But I didn't like this at all. She tried the Tyler high notes and missed badly. Inexcusable. If you can't hit the note, you change up the song to suit your voice. Big minus for not rearranging.

7) Dilana - The Police "Every Breath You Take" - I find it beyond creepy that she supposedly sang this for her mom. It's not a love song in any way, shape, or form. It's a stalker song. And she looked like some kind of weirdo stalker. There was not one single thing I liked about that. Even my sweetie was appalled and this was the first time he's ever watched (and only because I forced him). I have no idea what SN was listening to.

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 08:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-06 AT 08:52 AM (EST)

"I want that song. Now."

So buy it. http://www.stonecrowrecords.com

"Preferably with video."

Search for it. YouTube is your friend.

Posted by nailbone on 08-23-06 at 10:51 AM
It's not a love song in any way, shape, or form. It's a stalker song.

Just a thought on that. She said she sang it for her mom, cuz it was her mom's favorite song. So she was singing it FOR her mom, not TO her mom.

Posted by geg6 on 08-23-06 at 11:10 AM
Whatever. It's still too creepy. And, if it's her mother's favorite song? Mom must be seriously disturbed.

I've heard this song played at weddings. *shudder* I keep expecting to see headlines in the local paper with these couples' names and the words "murder/suicide."

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 12:15 PM
ummm...Can't believe I'm doing this... oy... In defense of Dilana and especially her mother. (*gasp!* Geggy, please don't make me defend Dilana. *sigh*)

FYI, and I suspect you do know this, most people do not know this is a stalker song. I never knew this until, oh I don't know, maybe three years ago. I walked around singing it like it was some great love song. MOST people still do. Sure, it's creepy to us, but to MOST people, it is not.

Please don't bring somebody's mother into this. To say she must be "seriously" disturbed is, in fact, disturbing. As much as I don't like Dilana sometimes, I would NEVER say her singing this song FOR her mother was anything but touching. I may roll my eyes but that's because I know this warmed the hearts of so many that the press clinic will be null and void to them.

ugh. I have to go take a break and do work because my brain hurts so much.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-23-06 at 12:40 PM
I agree. Even though this is a creepy stalker song, liking it does not make someone seriously disturbed. I love this song, and I am only moderately distrubed.

A Tribe work of art

Posted by geg6 on 08-23-06 at 02:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-06 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

Sorry to disagree with you, Glowie. It's hard for me, too.

But I stand by what I said.

No, I have never assumed that people who actually know the words to this song wouldn't understand them. The first time I heard it (way back when I was one of the biggest Police fans around), I knew it was creepy. I've never liked the song because of it and I've read several interviews with Sting in which he says how much he actually dislikes it (he said he was in a very dark place in his life then and was quite mentally distressed) and how disturbed he is that some people find it romantic.

I have to assume that Dilana's mother is sentient enough to know the words to the song. And, sorry again to you and to AgStar, if you claim this is one of your favorite songs, I find that disturbing. Is it an interesting, catchy song? Yes, but a favorite? It shouldn't be. It's like saying that the book Helter Skelter about the Manson Family slayings is your favorite book. Morbidly fascinating, perhaps, but not one you'd want to say is the book you love most.

And if my mother asked me dedicate a stalker song to her on international TV, I'd tell her to pick another. Just so people like me don't get the impression that she's a wacko.

Edited to fix html.

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 02:53 PM
While you may have "known" since the birth of the song, others did, in fact, not. And MOST still do not. I know sometimes it can be tough to wrap your (the general "you") head around some general facts but a fact is still a fact.

You cannot "assume" anything about Dilana's mother, my dear geggy. I love you to pieces but you are really degrading a woman you have no business degrading. And that is so laughable, I hesitate to even continue this discussion. Dilana's mother lives in South Africa with no telephone. She never "asked" anybody to sing any song for her. This song, creepy as it may be to you, actually meant or means something to Dilana's mother. Therefore, Dilana wanted to perform it FOR her. That? is touching. Dilana hasn't spoken to her in years. Why? Don't know. Don't care. Not my business. I stand firm in saying that it was touching that she wanted the song because her mother likes the song. I don't care what the song is/was.

Posted by geg6 on 08-23-06 at 03:51 PM
I think you are taking this too seriously, doll.

If my best friend told me this was her favorite song, I'd tell her the same thing. It's not degrading. It's my opinion.

If she likes stalkers, more power to her. Personally, they scare me.

And really? I don't care about these people's private lives or families the way you do. They're no different than the hamsters on BB or the DAWs on Survivor to me, except they actually have a talent. It's the same reason I pay little attention to shows like Extra, magazines like People, etc. I'm just not that interested in the people who entertain me. I'm only interested in how they entertain me.

And if they say or do anything bashable, I'm going to bash. And since Dilana had to make a big deal out this song being her mother's favorite, that makes her fair game, IMHO.

But I love you anyway. Even if you think I'm a big meanie.

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 05:13 PM
I'm only taking this seriously because I don't like to see people bashing somebody's mother who likely doesn't even have any idea what just happened. I don't necessarily care about her personal life, I just happen to know a little bit about it (from reading some of her BF's comments to comments such as yours - that poor poor man to have to read this kind of crap. Him? I like.). I couldn't care less how much you bash Dilana. That's pretty much what she's there for, I think.

And I love you too, even though you are obviously trying to make my head explode.

Posted by bullzeye on 08-23-06 at 07:08 PM
While you may have "known" since the birth of the song, others did, in fact, not. And MOST still do not.

Yep - I am in this camp - had no idea it was a stalker song - though now that I think about it - makes sense. That said - I never knew what Cyndi Lauper was referring to on "She Bop" either.

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by SilverStar on 08-23-06 at 03:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-06 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

FTR- I never said it was one of my favorite songs. It isn't. It's just a song I happen to like.

ETA:
I was going to let this slide, but I just can't. Heh.

a favorite? It shouldn't be.

Seriously? You're actually telling me what my favorite song should or shouldn't be? That is so... grrrr! I can't think of a word to accurately describe what I think of that, but let me just say that I don't appreciate it. Not everyone thinks exactly like you.

Posted by geg6 on 08-23-06 at 03:32 PM
That was a poorly worded sentence. I didn't mean it was yours, I meant it was Dilana's mother's and I apologized to you because you took umbrage with my saying I think it's weird to have this as a favorite song.

Posted by nailbone on 08-24-06 at 11:44 AM
Eh, a good song's a good song.

Posted by Glow on 08-24-06 at 03:46 PM
*smooch*

This is my new picture to follow you around with when I like you. Okay?

Posted by Lahela on 08-24-06 at 07:05 PM
I LOVE that song...stalker anthem or not! It's still a great song. Regardless of how dark it may be, it's still a well done, melodic song. I don't find it "creepy" or "strange". Sting and the Police found it good enough to create and record and perform...several times. In fact, Sting STILL performs this song as its a major crowd pleaser. Because of the sweet, almost endearing arrangement kind of draws you into thinking it's a sweet, love song....unless of course you really study the lyrics, which many people do not.

Another stalker song I happen to really love is Sarah McLachlan's "Possession". While yes, an obvious stalker anthem, it's still undeniably a great song, creepy or not.

You may not care for the song and you're entitled to your opinion of it, but making snap judgments of others mental capacity because they happen to enjoy it seems a bit over the top to me. My husband enjoys that screamy heavy metal music, which I refer to as "crap", but I don't think he's some kind of psychopathic freak because he enjoys it. It's just not for me.

Posted by michel on 08-23-06 at 08:58 AM
I don’t know what others saw but this was by far the worse episode I’ve seen. I didn’t see week #1 but it couldn’t be as bad as this was.

1- Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit”: This was the only professional performance of the evening. I discovered music well before Nirvana so I was never a huge fan but this song requires anger and Magni delivered it, as he always does. It just wasn’t a WOW! performance but there wasn’t any, so… #1 again.

2- Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin”: It was a strong effort but she always gets weird towards the end. I liked it, but not enough to put my band’s fate in her hands. She’s funny when talking to the band and it may show she’s comfortable with them but that has no place on my list.

There’s more bad than good left on the list:

3- Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take”: Dilana can add the right punch to any song and a limited range isn’t a deterrent for many rockers. She has the best stage presence. The lame, self-centered “Dilana, Dilana” whispers ruined it however. THIS IS A STALKER’s song not a love song.

4- Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car”: I never judge a song on first hearing but it didn’t make me want more. It was too rushed I thought but he does have a great voice. He acted like a good puppy throwing the guitar upon his master’s command = LAME when it isn’t an original thought.

5- Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done This wasn’t his worse performance but certainly wasn’t his best. He should be stepping it up, He’s going backwards.

6- Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing”: The song had a nice guitar riff but it needed a slower rhythm and more bite. She sounded a bit like “No doubt” I think, (one of those groups that had a few pop-rock-ska hits in the 90s) but not a sound for SN. At least she didn’t look like she was singing to 10 year-olds this time.

BLAH- Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla”: The guy has an incredible talent to ruin songs. After messing up “Solisbury Hill” he fractured “Layla” into 2 disjointed, incompatible parts as if he didn’t know which one to chose. A second (or is it third?) HORRIBLE performance in a row. I’d rather Patrice stay now than this gimmick-guy and that is saying a lot.

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 09:26 AM
"- Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing”: The song had a nice guitar riff but it needed a slower rhythm and more bite. She sounded a bit like “No doubt” I think, (one of those groups that had a few pop-rock-ska hits in the 90s) but not a sound for SN. At least she didn’t look like she was singing to 10 year-olds this time."

I was thinking it was kind of a Veruca Salt sounding song.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-23-06 at 09:46 AM
Great performances by all this week. Some just better than others.

1. Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car”. Time to give him some props. He has improved a lot since the beginning. The song did not grab me at first...which aint bad since it is the first time I heard it. I can tell that it will grow on me. His performance and vocals were great. I liked the meaning of the song and I did think it would fit for SuperNova. Still not the best original yet. Pretty Vegas was. Trees was second. This song is third.
2. Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla”. I give the guy points for originality. He shows creativity. I think a very important feature for this show.
3. Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take”. A great performer. I would love however to see her just go nuts this coming week. Seems to have mellowed out.
4. Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit”. I liked his performance. I hate Nirvana and this song. But when I performed it I actually was enjoying my self. Has a tendancy though to sing a little too queit at times.
5. Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done”. The guy is still one of the two I perdict to win this thing. I just find him getting tired....but still am glued to see what he does. Kinda contradictory but that is exactly how I feel.
6. Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing”. I liked her original song. Actually it grew on me faster than Ryan's, but there is something about her I don't like. I think it is.....if I put Ryan's and Patrices performances right next to each other Ryan knocked her socks off.
7. Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin”. I don't like the crazy eyes.....actually I look at it more as her being to Theatrical. She is the Ginger Grant of rockstar....she can not decide if she wants to be an actress or and Rockstar. I also, have noticed this girl has no originality. She arranges every song pretty much true to form. She has a nice voice but it is these other two things that I can not get past. The crazy eyes are back????? I did not know they left....wish she would.

Posted by geekboy on 08-23-06 at 09:39 AM
Hey everyone -

I came in to this week's show with low expectations based on the webisode, and the song choices. Boy, i was wrong. I was once again VERY pleasantly surprised by almost all of the performances.

Top of the heap

Ryan - his original kicked some a$$. Damn good song. Glowie was right. The boy is on a major roll.

Magni - took what i consider an overplayed and overused song, and surprised me. I actually enjoyed it.

Storm - I love her, she did the tough song justice. She can sing anything.

Middle of the heap

Dilana - you all know i LOVE her. The eyelashes need to go, but she took another cliche of a song and breathed some new life into it.

Toby - Took a great risk, and did damn good. Loved it.

Bottom of the heap

Patrice - She is definately a very good lyricist, as we saw in her original, and the lyrics she wrote for SN. But is she right for Supernova? I'm thinking not.

Lukas - I don't know where the praise came from. I thought his performance was the worst of the night. He started off great, then the gruff vocals came in, his back to the audience, and for some reason he lost his breath. Very poor performance.

geekboy

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 08-23-06 at 09:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-06 AT 09:44 AM (EST)

Ok, so was my TV the only one that the sound was off? My DH and I could barely hear the singers over the band last night. ARGHHH!!!! What we did hear is enough to rank of course.

1 - Ryan Star - Original "Back of your Car" - Good Gravy that man is h.o.t!!!! Loved, loved, loved this original. I could listen to it everyday and not get tired of it and to me that makes a fvcking awesome song!!! *elbows Glowie out of the way*

2 - Toby Rand - "Eric Clapton "Layla" - The eye candy this year is almost unbearable. He sang and performed tonight the way I have always known he could. Loved his voice, loved his stage antics, loved him! *mops up the drool*

3 - Lukas Rossi - The Killers "All These Things That I've Done" - The moment they panned the camera to Gilby I knew he was going to say something about Lukas turning toward the band. *smacks Gilby* Go rub your dog or something. I thought this was a great perfomance by Lukas. I heard a different side of his voice tonight during the beginning of the song and I really liked it. (DH puts Lukas at #1 and has since day one.)

4 - Storm Large - Aerosmith "Cryin" - I am a HUGE Aerosmith fan so I was very worried about how she was going to do with this song. She suprised the sh*t out of me is what she did. Go Stormy! Loved it and no, it didn't bother me in the least that she didn't get the higher notes because seriously, who other than Steve Tyler can with his own songs and sound right.

5 - Magni - Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Uggg, most run into the ground song of Nirvana's EVAH. *gag* I enjoyed it but I agree with the poster above that he never brings anything new into the songs. He just sings them as they were originally meant to be sung and that's getting very boring.

6 - Patrice Pike - Original "Beautiful Thing" - I liked the song but to me it sounded like something you would have heard on a 90's teeny bopper movie. I still don't like her stage presence much and to me she seems a bit fake. I don't know why but those tats of hers just don't seem right. Some people just can't pull off the heavy tats well.

7 - Dilana - The Police "Every Breath You Take" - Me no likey. When she added her name into the song I looked over at DH and said WTF???? Is she saying her name?? *gags* Of course the love fest from the judges continues. *boggle* Here's to hoping that they show clips of the interview tonight during the results. I couldn't believe they didn't mention it last night. Oh, and SP...I don't care how much you lick her a** it's not going to make me want to buy tickets to see you guys if she's fronting.

A Tribe Original!etf: grammar and siggy

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 10:05 AM
"1 - Ryan Star - Original "Back of your Car" - Good Gravy that man is h.o.t!!!! Loved, loved, loved this original. I could listen to it everyday and not get tired of it and to me that makes a fvcking awesome song!!! *elbows Glowie out of the way*"

I've listened to the entire CD every day (more than once) since I bought it. "Back of Your Car" is my favorite but it's certainly not the only repeat play song there. ummm. elbow? pffft. Wild horses couldn't drag me away.

"7 - Dilana - The Police "Every Breath You Take" - Me no likey. When she added her name into the song I looked over at DH and said WTF???? Is she saying her name?? *gags* Of course the love fest from the judges continues. *boggle* Here's to hoping that they show clips of the interview tonight during the results. I couldn't believe they didn't mention it last night."

Word. Though I've found that those who defend her will continue to defend her. What can I say? I do the same with Lukas. *shrug* Though if he was a bitch with the press, I'd say he was a bitch with the press.

"Oh, and SP...I don't care how much you lick her a** it's not going to make me want to buy tickets to see you guys if she's fronting."

If, IF, she's fronting, I'd still buy tickets because of TLee and Jason. And I have a feeling that IF she's fronting, the opening act will be worth paying to see.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 08-23-06 at 10:13 AM
The ONLY way I could do it is if it was like a tour with the top 8??, 6?? whatever and I only had to hear her sing a couple of songs. Sitting through a whole concert of nothing but her vocals?? I'd rather watch grass grow.

A Tribe Original!

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 10:35 AM
But! If the opening act is worthy, you don't have to stay for the whole SN show. I've gone to several concerts to see the opening act and left way before the "headliner" completed their set.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 08-23-06 at 11:41 AM
Ok, good point. Hey, you think they'll let ones that didn't make it open with their own bands? Nah, probably not cause they'd be upstaged by several of them.

A Tribe Original!

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 11:49 AM
I believe that is a strong possibility. They seem to really appreciate them all as artists at what they do. I have my fingers crossed.

Posted by nailbone on 08-23-06 at 10:54 AM
Word. Though I've found that those who defend her will continue to defend her. What can I say?

Can we call them the LOD, the Legion of Dilana?

Posted by Savahnna on 08-23-06 at 11:04 AM

>Can we call them the LOD,
>the Legion of Dilana?

LOD works for me.

But I'll call it Legion of Doom in this show too.

I'm losing interest in the whole show. I think SN is making a monster out of her.

Posted by Lex Icon on 08-23-06 at 12:40 PM
Definition of an Artist....

'Cover Artist' - Magni, without a doubt
'Piss Artist' - Toby, the guy even picked a room with a beer tap
'Tartist' - Dilana, for not one of my mates would sleep
with her without a condom!
'Bartist' - She wouldn't hesitate to say 'Eat my shorts'
to any one of those muppets in the band.
Comm'l Artist - Ryan. "Lights, angst, make-up"
Abstract " - Luke. His face looks as good whichever way his
portrait's hung. Oompa-loompa a la skunka.
'Fartist' - Patrice. It just stinks, sorry.

Lex I©on

'A fool and his money have a great time'

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-23-06 at 10:29 AM
1. Ryan
2. Toby
3. Storm
4. Magni
5. Dilana
6. Patrice
7. Lukas

I fell asleep right before Lukas sang so I can't really judge his performance. So I will just put him last since I'm not a fan of his anyhow.

Posted by nailbone on 08-23-06 at 11:01 AM
1. STORM!!! - love love love her!!! And I thought although she strained a bit on the scream notes, she did OK with it. Reckon she'll run naked for a song next week?

2. Ryan - better and better every week. Definitely NOT in danger of some kind of "sang an original" curse.

3. Dilana - good, as usual. But, like others, I'm starting to tire of the lovefest by the SN boys. She's not perfect, just really really good.

4. Toby - OK, that was fun! And I LOVED that he made Dilana streak for the song, when he really didn't want it anyway.

5. Magni - not bad, but not memorable. As I was composing this list after the show, I couldn't remember what he sang.

6. Lukas - hated the song. Just "meh" on the performance. He was WAY out-shined tonight. He's got a COOL accent, though. I hadn't noticed it till last night.

7. Patrice - eh. Time to go. And this will perpetuate thoughts of a "sing an original" curse.

Posted by bullzeye on 08-23-06 at 11:38 AM
Reckon she'll run naked for a song next week?

Please don't do that to me Boner. It's not nice to tease.

Posted by bullzeye on 08-23-06 at 11:33 AM
As someone else stated, I really didn't have high expectations for this week after I saw the song choices but I was very pleasantly surprised - the rockers are really kicking it up as the show progresses. My rankings and thoughts:

1) Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car” Wow. And more Wow. This totally blew me away and though I have felt he has been improving each and every week, I wasn't expecting this - he killed it.
2) Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin” Anyone remember the Partridge Family episode where Keith falls in love with a beautiful but completely untalented singer and he just sees completely past it? That's what it's like for me with Storm. She could cough up hairballs on stage for 2 minutes and I would stand and applaud. I loved her last night!
3) Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've
Done”
Good, not great - but I like his stage presence. Not surprised he got the "play to us not the band" comment.
4) Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit” A bit textbook for me but I enjoyed it.
5) Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla” I though he was good - but I was expecting more.
6) Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take” At the beginning of the competition, I really loved Dilana. As the competition progresses, I just keep thinking, been there, done that. I am starting to think she is one of the more one-dimensional rockers of the group.
7 Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing” Can you say "Fish out of water"? I knew you could...bu bye.

Booted: Zayra Alvarez - I really missed Zayra last night.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-23-06 at 12:30 PM
1. Ryan -- Awesome! This was one of the few performances that made me wish I was taping the show so I could watch it again. I actually applauded from my recliner. Loved it. (I am really not a fan of the guitar smash, but I didn't mind him just tossing it aside.)

2. Toby -- Woo! Finally! Toby made me a little tingly last night. It's about time, dude. While I was watching him perform, I wasn't thinking of this as an Eric Clapton song. It was a Toby Rand song. I was captivated.

-gap-

3. Storm -- We got a little taste of the crazy eyes. I enjoyed that. Overall, I thought it was pretty good, but not great. She is here on my list because I just love her as a person. She is so freaking cool.

4. Magni -- Kind of blah during the slower parts. Good voice, but kind of boring. He rocked it during the harder parts.

5. Dilana -- I am not a Dilana hater. I am not a Dilana lover. She is just there. This performance was good. Not as gravelly as usual. Those eyelashes? were horrendous. So distracting. Is this a new trend I wasn't aware of? They put those eyelashes on a couple of the girls on SYTYCD too. And they were distracting and horrible then as well. Oh, and they better bring up Dilana's press antics at some point. Soon. Or I will be pissed.

6. Lukas -- I am a huge fan of The Killers. I am not much of a Lukas fan. So I was expecting to hate this. The beginning was great! The middle and end? not so much. BUT! I don't think it was really Lukas's fault. Whoever cut this song down to fit into the time frame totally butchered it. It was so choppy and awful. If Lukas had performed the whole song, I think I would have enjoyed it. I agree with (Gilby?) that him turning his back on the audience is really annoying.

7. Patrice -- Yawn, as usual. I want to like Patrice, but I don't.

A Tribe work of art

Posted by Velcrohead on 08-23-06 at 01:11 PM
Have just caught up with the last couple of shows. As to the latest:

The best………..

1 - Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car” I laughed when I heard the title because my first thought was 'The Hoff' has a song (which I had the unfortunate pleasure of hearing) called "Jump In My Car." From there I went on to an old Billy Ocean number – yikes! Thankfully, this was far removed from either. He could have an instant hit with that. The lyrics were a touch gimmicky, mind.

2 - Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit” It’s funny but those who have mentioned that Magni doesn’t bring anything new to the table, that he’s his same consistent self, is precisely why I find myself liking him more and more. Taking risks and switching things up week to week can be overrated. Or, rather, delivering what you come to expect shouldn’t be viewed as a negative. Magni is very good at matching his vocals to a song. I thought he did an excellent job.

………………and the rest

3 - Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla” Wasn’t enamoured with the opening but when it cranked up, I didn’t get the urge to throw things at my TV for rearranging a classic.

4 - Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done” If Magni is consistently good -- if not always mindblowingly so -- then Lukas is at the other end of the spectrum: extremely hit and miss. It’s frustrating since he can be a terrific performer. It’s also a pity that he occasionally gives the impression that he’s not taking the competition as seriously as he should, that ‘whatever, dude’ mentality. I think he’s treading a fine line at the moment and needs to lose some of the histrionics. He did well enough, although I’m convinced I would have enjoyed it better had I just heard him and not seen him on this particular number.

5 - Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take” I didn’t hate Dilana’s rendition but I wasn’t captivated, either. Ironically, by the end, I thought she sounded out of breath! And that “everybody breathe” line she opened with was just stupid.

6 - Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin” I have a lot of time for Storm. However, for the last three weeks her performances haven’t carried any ‘wow.’ Crucially, perhaps, she’s lost momentum whereas Ryan has picked up considerably. Maybe it’s just me, but her voice wasn’t a good fit for the song – they were like opposing forces.

7 - Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing” I have a feeling this song will grow on me with repeated listening. Alas, I also don’t have the inclination to. It was pretty decent, actually, though unfortunately for her everyone did a better job in comparison.

VH

Posted by CattyChat on 08-23-06 at 01:13 PM
That's it, I know who my Top 3 are for this competition!!

1. Ryan (10, 12, 9, 3, 1, 2, 1) -- Just love this guy. His original & performance ROCKED!!! I like Ryan MUCH more than I do "Supernova" & still think they'll drag him down.

2. Toby (4, 1, 7, 6, 4, 3, 4) -- Loved the arrangement on a so-so song, loved his performance, loved his abs -- he edges out Lukas, because while his tush is great to look at, his front is so much better.

3. Lukas (5, 3, 4, 4, 8, 1, 5) -- His intro was awesome. I love to hear him sing & he still is the most compelling to watch.

Great, but time is running out!

4. Dilana (1, 6, 1, 1, 3, 4, 2) -- Much better than I expected after listening to her "dying dog" on the Webisode. I still have no idea what she thought she needed a "falsetto" for in this song.

5. Magni (13, 7, 2, 5, 7, 5, 6) -- Good, but not great. Probably his cold affected him, but he's just not as compelling to watch perform as my top 3, either . . . Dilana & Storm are also much more compelling to watch, too.

6. Storm (6, 2, 8, 2, 2, 8, 7) -- Ouch! Not as bad as last week & a good effort, but that is one tough song to sing. She's still great, but fight for the song selection, sister! . . . without resorting to fistfights, that is.

You're still here?????

7. Patrice (7, 11, 6, 11, 9, 9, 8) -- She's boring to watch, but I thought her original was good, upbeat & catchy. Absolutely wrong for this band, but she should stick with her niche and enjoy the exposure she's had with this show.

Booted: Zayra (2, 8, 3, 10, 6, 7, 3) -- Like the Rockers said during song selection . . . "Where is Zayra to take the song no one wants?" I missed her performance this week BUT, I did catch her on "The Soup" last weekend

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by Sonicbluebird on 08-23-06 at 02:04 PM
1. Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit”: I really liked his performance. I am not sure he is angry enough for the band, but damn he is good.

2. Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin”: She did a really great job on this song. I don't think that any of them could have done better.

3. Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take”: She did pretty good on this song. She loses points for the Dilana addition. Those feathery eyelashes made my eyes cringe, like a guy watching someone get kneed in the groin. Please someone get her some fashion help!

4. Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla”: It started off weak, but it finally got going.

5. Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car”: I really don't get what everyone else is seeing in him. Guitar toss was lame, especially coming on the heels of the comments. Even if he was planning on doing it before, he should have scrapped it so it wouldn't look so cheesy.

6. Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done": You over cocky SOB! Sorry, I really can't stand him, which means he stands a good chance of winning this thing.

7. Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing”: I had to fast forward through her song. I am glad that she got to do her original. Please send her home now.

Patrice goes packing.

Posted by Lex Icon on 08-23-06 at 02:15 PM
I've just found my soulmate.

Trouble is, she's a bluebird that goes faster than the speed of sound

Well said Sonic...could not have been more succinct had I tried.

Posted by djandy on 08-23-06 at 02:36 PM
1.) Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car” - Awesome! But the guitar toss was lame right after Tommy told Magni to do it.
2.) Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin” - The girl can sing.
3.) Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
4.) Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla”
5.) Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take” - The Dilana, Dilana singing was too egotistical, and I want to see her comeuppance from the media interviews.
6.) Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done” - Same old constricted voice and back to the audience.
7.) Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing” - She should write her own songs, because she is not right for SN.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

Posted by happybarb on 08-23-06 at 04:52 PM
Ok...maybe I'm just out of the loop. Can anyone tell me how to check out the interviews and media talk with Dilana. I would really like to know what she's been saying. Thanks!

Posted by Glow on 08-23-06 at 05:17 PM
You can watch the "webisodes" at http://www.rockstar.msn.com (If you decide to do this on a regular basis, beware of evil editing).

Posted by Loree on 08-23-06 at 03:39 PM
1. Lukas - I truly enjoyed this performance the most. I love the way he is on stage and he never bores me. He has "it".

2. Ryan - he has really come a long way in this competition. I already liked the song so it wasn't even like I was listening to an original. He was just fun to watch.

3. Toby - I am enjoying Toby more lately. He had dropped back for a few weeks. But I think he is trying to come on strong again.

4. Storm - I really missed the crazy eyes. It was fun to see Storm back just being Storm. And that is a hard song to sing and she did a great job.

5. Patrice - I actually liked her song. It was certainly better than the Supernova song last week. I am sure she is gone this week. So it's great she got to showcase her original before she left.

6. Magni - he is such a nice guy. And I really do like his voice. But he just bores me on stage. I think TLee asking about the guitar was just his way of searching for what was wrong. There is just something missing when Magni is on stage. Something to provide that spark.

7. Dilana - that was the worst performance of the night. And also the worst Dilana has ever done. DH and I were cringing. She was off key and it did not sound good. Also that "Dilana, Dilana, Dilana" refrain was just stupid. But as usual not one negative word towards Dilana by the band. And yet they didn't look that impressed while she was singing. I guess they aren't even bothering to critique her.

Loved Gilby's dog. Awwww!

Posted by toddE on 08-23-06 at 07:05 PM
1. Lukas--For the first time ever, I enjoyed his performance.

(drop)

2. Toby-I guess. He did a good rearrangement of a boring song. But his stage antics were a little forced and frankly, he doesn't look so hot without a shirt.

3. Dilana-Again, I enjoyed what she did with a song I don't like. It was actually her repeating "Dilana, Dilana" that won me over.

(drop)

4. Storm-Well sung. I like her, and I stick by her as Rocker Spice.

5. Ryan-His original song really bored me. And after I enjoyed his past too performances. Disappointing.

6. Magni-Yes, he certainly is competent. Also boring. Very, very boring.

7. Patrice-Wait! Did I say Magni was boring? Well, she is even more boring.

GONE: Zayra! How I miss Zayra! Entertaining, never boring Zayra.

Posted by Lahela on 08-24-06 at 07:14 PM
1.) Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car” - Fantastic. the guitar toss was unnecessary and lame, especially after the boys had just mentioned it (and the fact that they did is somewhat disturbing, as it's been WAY overdone and is just unnecessary theatrics, if you ask me)
2.) Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin” - I love this girl and this song and I thought she was phenomenal!
3.) Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla”- at first I was skeptical but by the second stanza of the song, I was sold.
4.) Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit” - not my favorite performance of his, but he did very well. Doesn't seem he's quite found his "niche" yet, though. He tends to stick close to the original versions

5.) Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing” - this was the
first time I actually enjoyed her performance. Definitly not suited for SN, but she will being going places with her songwriting and maybe a solo career.
6.) Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take” - Not too kean on the "Dilana Dilana Dilana" add, but it was nice to hear a noticable difference in her singing style for a change. She usually sounds exactly the same. glad to see there is some versatility, even if she only has 2 styles to choose from.
7.) Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done” - not impressed, and usually never am. I don't really care for him. I agree with Jason and the "closed voice" thing, but he just doesn't seem to have good interaction with the audience and I HATE IT when he turns his back on them and sings to the band..which he does FREQUENTLY throughout every performance.

Posted by cycles2k on 08-24-06 at 10:23 PM
I am reposting my Love List because the elimination show changed my mind. I haved moved Toby Rand from 6 to 1, based entirely on his performance with SN. These contestants are all excellent and I might be one of the few people who think there are more than two contenders.

1) Toby . If SN picks Toby I will buy their CD. I really love the second showcased SN song.

2) Ryan - (Original) Back of your Car. Loved the song, love Ryan's performance.

3) Lukas - All These Things That I've Done. Lukas put on a real show for us. The guitar mirror thing was a clever comedic touch at just the right time.

4) Storm - Cryin'. Tough girl Storm looked and sounded super sexy. She couldn't quite hit the Tyler high's but it was great. Her banter with the band was very comfortable. What is with acting disappointed about not making B3?

5) Magni - Smells Like Teen Spirit. Magni sang well, but I just did not enjoy this performance because I do not like that song.

6) Patrice - Beautiful Thing (original). I was pleasantly surprised with this song and Patrice's performance. I might buy the C.

7) Dilana - Every Breath You Take (Dilana, Dilana, Dilana). Dear Dilana: Singing your own name is not cool. Being a B1TCH and calling it honesty is also not cool.