URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 392
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Apprentice #6 Episode 5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 06:45 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until the West Coast can remember where we left off. 'cause I sure don't. You know what I remember? I remember when if it was a case of Donald vs. the Super Bowl, Donald would stare down the entire NFL and say 'Bring it on!' And what's he taking on these days? The WWE. Honestly, this is just sad. Where's the energy? Where's the ego? Where's the complete disregard for the universe as we know it? And more to the point, where is, for lack of a better word or just not caring enough to find one, the point?

'Tonight in the Boardroom: someone suffers through incredible agony!' So at least we can look forward to the moment when a contestant stubs their toe on a chair.

What can save this series? Martha!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Or, if you want to see some major television reality drama:"
Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 08:41 PM
The Surreal Life Fame Game crew will be playing high-stakes Go Fish.

That's not a joke.

"RE: Apprentice #6 Episode 5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 02-11-07 at 08:53 PM
Great another reminder of the biotch that was Marisa...

"The laws of California physics."
Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 08:55 PM
If you're on one side of the hedge, color exists.

If you're on the other side, the hedge absorbed it all.

If you clip part of it off and put it in a Boardroom, it just absorbs Aaron's voice.

"*strolls thru*"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 02-11-07 at 08:59 PM
Hello...Hello...is this thing on? Did someone get stung yet?

*yawn* Ok...I've got to go and do something...anything but watch this show....but I'll be back to read what's posted....it's much better than the show itself.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Posted by Snidget on 02-11-07 at 09:03 PM
I? must be getting old. 10 minutes of the Grammys and I'm already annoyed by them, so I switched over to the Apprentice.

Which probably isn't any less annoying, but at least it will end before sometime Thursday.

"This week's shill is for:"
Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 09:04 PM
Sue Bee honey: the minicorps will harvest, bottle, and sell the stuff: point of purchase will be a pair of Ralph's Supermarkets. The harvesting part is just to see if anyone has a phobic reaction or an allergy: Stefani almost goes down to the former, but manages to get through the process of bee smoking without losing her mind.

Surya is trying to talk about product placement to Aaron and James using terms any business person should know. The problem is that he's only using terms, to the point where James wants to shake him and demand that he switch to English.

Sean, playing spy while Donald goes on a business trip, is not impressed by Surya and makes a written note that Surya seems to be overcompensating. Well, if anyone would know about overcompensation...

Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 09:10 PM
While most of Kinetic spends their time getting the honey (and Derek learns that bees can sting through suits -- repeatedly for each, so he got mutant bees), Aimee takes over as PM back at the Sue Bee plant. When the rest of Kinetic gets back some four hours later, they learn that Aimee and partner have come up with -- nothing. Well, maybe a name. They were waiting on the others before they did anything with marketing. The four-hour name is rejected in favor of Bee-More. Non-Aimee members of Kinetic are less than impressed.

Arrow goes to the production line and does the bottling process themselves, or at least supervises the machines that do so. This is very boring. Even the machines find it boring, which is why they break down every two minutes, usually at the filling station. Tim runs the filling station. Frank yells at Tim. A good time is had by all.

Who's ahead so far? The bees.

Posted by mysticwolf on 02-11-07 at 09:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-07 AT 09:21 PM (EST)

That production line? That I know. I did way too many tours for visitors of our packaging lines not to know.

Stand the fallen bottles up? Good. Remove unlabelled bottles before the fill station? Bad! All that does is screw up the fill station. Let them go through and then either hand-label the unlabelled bottles or recoup them (which one of the women was doing when there was an underfill).

Geez. This is NOT rocket science.

ETS: In truth? Sue Bee has their line set up wrong way round. The labeller should come after the fill and cap, as the final step before casing. But, that's not something the apprenti would have had any control over.

Posted by Snidget on 02-11-07 at 09:20 PM
No, it is not rocket science, but it requires at least 12 functioning neurons and the peeps on these shows usually max out at 8, if you are lucky.

"Lot of commercials so far."
Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 09:20 PM
And not much episode.

Arrow's branding tactic turns out to be Limited Edition Honey: only 1100 bottles, made ultra-fresh. Interesting technique, even if we don't know what the usual turn-around time is on honey. $4.99 a bottle, three for the price of two. This does get some bottles moving, with Tim and Nicole sent outside the marketing to -- get bulk sales at local businesses. Er... no. Aaron's management style seems to be 'do nothing and pray'. Much like his Boardroom style

Kinetic has a problem: none of their things are in place at the supermarket. Also, Aimee seems to feel her job is to imitate Aaron. After a long period of selling nothing when they only have until 2 p.m, Derek and Andrea step up: Derek putting on the beekeeper suit to get attention, Andrea using her gold medalist status to lure in buyers. They're working at a price point of two for five dollars, production run unknown.

Kinetic is afraid of winning the task and getting stuck with Aimee for a second time. This may not be much of a real concern.

Posted by mysticwolf on 02-11-07 at 09:25 PM
Well... At least they're going back to a clean camp. Wonder if they'll even notice.

Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 09:56 PM
No, they missed it. At least Stefani did, since she picked up on Donald's cue and complained about the tents in the Boardroom. Of course, she wasn't part of the cleaning solution, so that means she must be -- unwilling to admit the next part.

Frank was oddly happy to see that grill.

Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 09:30 PM
Sean does a little eye-flirting as everyone comes into the Boardroom, then calls Donald, who's giving a bad speech for money in Minnesota: a Learning Annex event. (Triple shill!) Hey, it sounds like everyone in the room had to sign contracts, since Donald gives away the winner in front of an audience. Oh, and honey is harvested from killer bees. Who knew? Plus Donald may or may not be running for President.

Who won? Surprisingly, Kinetic, by about a hundred dollars: let's hear it for the power of the medal and beekeeper suit! Reward is pretty good: you get to practice at the Lakers facility with Phil Jackson, Kareem, James Worthy, a couple of rookies (including a locak for me), then play ten minutes of bad basketball under their supervision. Muna's especially happy with the chance to keep Phil, whom she didn't realize was quite that tall. (He played, y'know.)

Back with Arrow, Nicole is on the verge of losing it: she's sick of losing and being stuck with the tents. Surya isn't looking forward to his first Boardroom. He doesn't enjoy being shot in B&W, either.

Posted by mysticwolf on 02-11-07 at 09:36 PM
Muna gets to keep Phil? Boy did I miss part of that reward.

Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 09:47 PM
Muna didn't.

Stoopid speed posting...

"Blamefest!"
Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 09:45 PM
The short version: Surya knows he may be targeted as the newcomer and asks Derek for help. Derek tells Aimee about Surya's suspicions: Aimee agrees to try and defend him in the Boardroom, or at least point out if everyone's ganging up on him.

Once the Boardroom starts, we quickly get two camps: those who blame Surya and those who blame Aaron. Aimee does try to protect Surya a little, but seems to annoy Donald a little in the process, as he basically points out that she's a little mouthy for someone who was almost toast a couple of weeks ago. Of course, Aaron annoyed him with silence. Aaron considers his words precious and apparently Donald had to give him a briefing before he'd consider selling one. Sean advised them to be themselves. Yeah, like he'd know.

Tim & Nicole's feelings for each other come out. Donald's more impressed than annoyed and wishes Tim luck. If Tim does this, he's Donald's hero. And can get some excellent advice on pre-nuptual agreements.

Aaron decides to take Nicole (for not making bulk sales) and Surya (because that was the plan) back with him. He doesn't expect Nicole to be fired. Donald is a little surprised by the choice of Nicole, but doesn't override it.

"And fired is --"
Posted by Estee on 02-11-07 at 09:55 PM
-- Aaron. But not by much. Surya almost complains himself out of a spot, as Donald is quick to remind him when Surya tries to get a few last words on the way out of the Boardroom. Aaron is basically let go because he's too laid-back, doesn't speak up enough, and didn't focus on his own strength: sales. And mostly the first two. But Surya protests his own case to the point of annoying Donald, and we may have been fairly close to a double-firing. Not that this seems to register with Surya, because in the first real comedy editing moment in a good long time, he actually keeps complaining after the closing music plays.

Next week: Surya thinks Boardroom honesty is mandatory (how silly!) and we learn absolutely nothing about the task whatsoever. But Tim and Nicole are going to kiss.

Tim's Donald's hero, you know. (Although Donald warned Nicole to go easy on Tim...)

Posted by Loree on 02-12-07 at 09:05 AM
Nicole's voice still irritates me.

I am trying to figure out why I am still watching this show. I must like punishing myself. This is boring TV.

And the names of all the contestants is still unknown to me.

Posted by mistyrose52 on 02-13-07 at 08:56 AM
So, the Yuppies in California are purposely raising Killer Bees to harvest the best possible honey that can be harvested, eh??

Who would've thunk?? WHATEVER!

Yep, I caught that 'wink' of Sean's, and I have to say, he makes me melt with that, and his Brit accent, but what can I say? It's the highlight of a very boring show. Derek getting stung could only have been escalated had he been highly allergic, had to been sent to an ER, via paramedics, with O2, and a tube down his throat! (Geez, I used to work in an allergy deptartment-did they have these people sign wavers first that the Donald was not responsible for the death of an Apprentice???).

I also have some 'bee' experience, in that my father raised them, and YES, Virginia, they DO sting you even with that stupid suit on! Bees are much smarter than humans on most levels...

Anyway, kudos to Tim and Nicole for taking up where Sean and whats-her-name left off. I can see it now-one wins, the other rides off into the sunset.

Yes, people, we are gluttons for punishment, all the while, secretly hoping this really WILL be the last season, but ONLY if it's replaced by something better-like All-Star Apprentice!!