URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3919
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Tocantins Official RTVW Summary - Episode 4: The Strongest Man Alive Loses to Two Middle-Aged Women"

Posted by aliciabbrown on 03-08-09 at 04:18 PM
Survivor Tocantins Official RTVW Summary – Episode 4: The Strongest Man Alive Loses to Two Middle-Aged Women

PREVIOUSLY ON SURVIVOR

In the beginning, the Timbits grabbed all the supplies and clearly had the advantage. Jalapeno, however, managed to turn everything around. Last week Taj & Brendan formed a secret cross-tribal alliance, and decided to invite Sierra and Stephen to join. Coach’s massive ego got bruised when Erinnnnnn actually had the audacity to suggest at TC that someone other than him should be the tribe’s leader – the nerve!!! Jerry got sick, crumbled in the challenge and got voted out. For more details, please check out Snidget’s excellent summary. Can the Timbits put aside their differences to make a comeback?

AND NOW, TONIGHT’S STORY

It was a dark, sultry, sulky night. Coach says that Erinnnnn’s suggestion that someone other than him should be the leader makes her the “cancer” of the tribe. Where have we heard that before???? Will the tribe have a leader? Can Coach’s massive ego handle being led by someone else? Tyson says he doesn’t really care whether it’s Brendan or Coach. He wasn’t really paying attention at tribal and doesn’t really care whose arse he has to kiss. Finally Coach admits Brendan should be the leader, because everyone knows the leader is always the prime target at TC. Coach says these people are “new kids on the block” who have just been “existing” and that they would “thrive” under his leadership, or Brendan’s. Uh, Dude, you guys haven’t exactly thrived all this time that you thought you were the God-given leader! The difference is that he has been there and they haven’t - at least that is what the voices in his head tell him.

Day 10 at Jalapeno. Taj slept better than she did the night before at Exile. Spencer says they are all concerned about the toll that exile takes on her, not to mention any sneaky stuff that might be going on. Taj wants to pull good ole nerdy, dependable Stephen into her alliance with Brendan. They go off into the sanctuary and Nerd Boy thinks Taj is gonna start preaching to him because she raises up her hands and says, “this will change your life, my son.” Then she clarifies by asking him if he wants to be part of the biggest alliance in Survivor history. He realizes (complete with goofy facial expresson) that he may have just stumbled arse-backwards into a huge alliance.

Timbits get tree mail. Who can shoulder the load and win reward for their tribe? They decide to pick Taj to send back to Exile, because nobody has any better ideas. Brendan hasn’t had a chance to talk to Sierra yet and she doesn’t know about the plan so it could be a “pretty heinous situation”. Dictionary.com defines “heinous” as “hateful, odious, abominable, totally reprehensible.” You know, there are a lot of truly heinous things going on in the world – like atrocities of war, crime, oppression, etc. Maybe it’s just me, but it seems that someone not voting the right way in Survivor doesn’t quite fit the bill. Just another example of how people totally lose their perspective in this game.

REWARD CHALLENGE

Three members of each tribe (two men and one woman) will have poles on their shoulders, to which weight will be added each round. Each member’s weight will be decided by two members of the opposing tribe in each round. The last tribe with a member standing wins. The winner gets to choose two members to raid the loser’s camp and steal two items. As usual, two people, one from each tribe, will to go Exile.

Jalapeno chooses Joe, Taj and JT to get the weight. Timbits choose Debbie, Brendan and Tyson. Jalapeno picks Brendan to get the weight, Timbits pick Joe. Each bag weighs 10 pounds, so add 20 pounds each round. My shoulders hurt just watching this!! Each tribe actually puts weight on its own member to make sure it is evenly distributed, but the other tribe decides who actually gets it.

Next round JT and Tyson get the weight. Next Brendan and Taj. Brendan gets up to 180, JT 160, Tyson, Taj & Deb are all at 80. JT up to 180, Brendan 200, the record is 220 held by our ole buddy Rupert. Brendan is almost there, but he’s wobbling. Next round JT and Brendan get the weight. Brendan drops at 220, JT at 200. Next JT and Tyson get the weight. JT is at 220, and Tyson at 140. JT is certainly holding his own and then some. Sydney calls him the "strongest man alive" and provides the title for this episode. Tyson drops out at 140. Debbie is the last Timbit in the game. JT drops his 220 and Joe drops his 140. Taj is now at 80. They now have to depend on the women to carry it through. Why am I not surprised????? Add some more weight, both women at 100. Taj is sweating bullets now. Add more weight so both are up to 120. Debbie drops and Jalapeno wins reward. Taj tells Deb she did a hell of a job and I agree they both did an AWESOME job!!! This is the fourth straight win for Jalapeno. They choose Sierra for the vacation to Exile who picks Taj (who is used to it) to go with her. Brendan is glad because Taj can now explain the situation to Sierra and hopefully head off any “pretty heinous situations.”

Timbits graciously congratulate Jalapeno for winning. Then Coach states the obvious, that Jalapeno will clean them out and their tribe will go downhill as a result. Gee – not much gets past him!!! Jalapeno chooses Joe and JT to raid the Timbit camp. Timbits speculate as to what the Jalapenos will take of theirs. They know they are after the beans. What else can they convince them to take instead of their entire food supply?

WELCOME TO OUR ABODE!

JT and Joe arrive in Timbitland. JT says, “y’all got a right purty place here.” Tyson kisses Joe and JT’s asses then confesses to wanting to punch them in the head. I’d like to see him try so they would squash him. Debbie warns them to be careful what they take, because they may end up back here at some point. They take one sack of beans and leave one, along with one watering can. JT says he wants to keep some beans over there in case of a switch.

Santa and his elf return to the South Pole. Sandy bitches and whines because she doesn’t get why they didn’t take both bags of beans. And I thought I looked bad in a bikini!!!! “Them thar’s fartin’ beans, them thar’s fartin beans (looks into camera), I SAID THEM THAR’S FARTIN’ BEANS!!!” Spencer looks into the same camera and mouths, “Oh my God” which is what everyone else in the world is thinking right now. Sydney notes that Sandy is getting on everyone’s nerves because she’s crazy and repeats everything at least three times. The boys keep feeding Syd’s ego by reminding her how hot she is. Sandy says she would get rid of Syd because Syd is using everything she has from head to toe to enchant every one of the boys. She runs around in boxers and doesn’t sleep with her bra on. OK this I can totally understand - I don’t sleep in mine either because those things can get pretty damned uncomfortable. Then Sandy gets even weirder (if that’s possible) and says Sydney should pull off her panties, or something crazy like that. This part was soooooo hard to watch. She thinks if she can’t compete with her with the body, she will outwit her with the brains. Yeah, right.

EXILE ISLAND

Taj and Sierra arrive: choose the urn. Taj goes off and reads her tree mail with the clue, then comes back and tells Sierra what’s up. Why did she bother when she was just going to tell her about it anyway – did EPMB have some extra airtime to fill up or something? Brendan hasn’t had a chance to tell Sierra the plan, so Taj fills her in. Once they get the two idols, they will have a secret four-way alliance at the merge. Sierra says she’s in (why not, she’s got nothing to lose) and Team Secret is in place, at least for this episode (read on). Sierra’s got goose bumps. She congratulates herself for starting at the bottom of the food chain and climbing her way to the top. We’ll see about that!

Timbits decide to just chill for a day to decompress. Tyson comes back in a loincloth and starts jumping like he’s got something crawling around inside it. Erinnnnnn has a tough time finding a connection with these people. I can understand that, too – I wouldn’t want to hang out with this bunch either. She went through a terrible breakup just before this and now hates everyone and doesn’t want to cry in front of all these people she can’t stand anyway. Tyson has written Erinnnnnn off. She’s too antisocial and has too many N’s in her name. He wants to see a freakout at tribal, because he has gotten bored with pulling the wings off all the local insects.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Taj and Sierra return from Exile. Jiffy says, “Give it up Sydney. No not that, you bimbo, I mean the idol!” One tribe member at a time races out to get a puzzle piece, then the tribe puts the puzzle together and rotates it the right way to spell out the winning phrase. Jalapeno sits out Taj, who is exhausted from shouldering all that weight and then going back to Exile.

Coach and Joe start for the first pieces. Joe’s way ahead. JT and Erinnnnnnn next. Spencer and Brendan next. It’s very close. Stephen and Tyson. Sandy and Sierra. Jalapeno slightly ahead. Sydney and Deb next. Syd struggles with the knots because she doesn’t want to mess up her pretty little fingernails. Timbits are ahead. Brendan goes back out, then Joe. Tyson and JT go out for the final piece.

Now it’s time to put the puzzles together. They have to have the pieces in the correct spot then rotate to the correct side to find the winning phrase. There are lots of ways to screw it up and Jalapeno finds every one of them! Timbits finally figure it out and win immunity. The phrase is, “escape the vote. Timbits win immunity” with Jalapeno having the corresponding phrase on their side. Timbits gratefully accept the II which is considerably less ugly than in past seasons. Enjoy the night off, Timbits. It will be a tough tribal tonight for Jalapeno.

Taj is not surprised they lost after a long winning streak because she knew it was coming. Joe and Sydney are disappointed to lose the challenge but glad they’re finally getting rid of the crazy old lady. Taj puts it out that Sandy has been stronger than Syd in challenges and, “we don’t need eye candy, we need championships.” No one is totally slacking at camp so who are they gonna vote out, blah, blah, blah. Taj is leaning toward voting Syd. Gullible Sandy actually believes the others are telling her the truth when they tell her she will be there tomorrow. JT is on the fence – will he vote Sandy or Syd? Stephen tries to talk JT into voting for Syd because her good looks make a strong first impression, but they need loyal strong members for the merge, and he doesn’t really trust Syd.

Syd asks the guys what they love about this game. Stephen says he was excited to meet people he never would have met otherwise, and to see how he would fare. Syd likes the sneakiness of it because she’s not very sneaky back home. JT is really glad she told him that, because he didn’t get that impression of her at all. Syd is convinced Sandy is going home. She’s tried to get on people’s good sides and stepped up the flirting so she hopes it’s not her.

TRIBAL COUNCIL

Sandy is still there on day 12. She believes she has recovered from her awful first impression, fits in with her tribe and feels good. JT adds that Sandy is the mom who takes care of them and frees them up to do the hard work, like flirting with Sydney. Jiffy can’t pass up an opportunity to remind Sandy just how old and unattractive she really is. Of course, Sandy can’t keep her trap shut and starts going on about Syd’s flirting and wearing JT’s boxers. Syd says it’s hot out there and she didn’t bring any shorts along. Everyone agrees the big flirting relationships are between Syd and Joe or Syd and JT (like any of us really care). Syd says she has a “flirtatious personality” and even flits with women. Sandy starts smacking her lips (this was also hard to watch). Taj admits Syd is gorgeous. What is it with these people stating the obvious like it’s a Divine revelation? Therefore, the men will align with her, but Taj will make her way though it. Jiffy doesn’t buy that (like we care). Sandy says a couple of people will be real upset – doesn’t say if she’s one of them.

Time to vote. Syd votes Sandy because “its just your time to go.” Sandy votes Syd, of course. Time to read the votes: one vote Syd , one vote Joe (who the hell voted for him?) and the rest for Sandy. So the crazy old lady goes buh-bye and Miss Eye Candy is safe for at least three more days. No one looks happy except Sandy, who still doesn’t get what just happened to her. The tribes are now an even 6-6

NEXT WEEK’S MISDIRECTION

The secret cross-tribal alliance might not be so secret after all. Tyson runs completely out of insects and starts eavesdropping for entertainment, so he can blab to Coach and the others. Taj tells everyone to kiss her arse. Joe says that will get her voted out, which tells me that she is mostly likely safe next week.

It turns out Taj was the one who voted for Joe, as if she really believed he was going. Sandy says she was “slung out” which is country talk for “too old and crazy to fit in with even semi-normal people.” She was the mother hen to all the little chicks. She stuck it out and didn’t quit, so she’s proud of herself.

Turns out she was right about someone being disappointed after the vote.

aliciabbrown

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor Tocantins Official RTVW Summary - Episode 4: The Strongest Man Alive Loses to Two Middle-Aged Women"
Posted by michel on 03-08-09 at 05:48 PM
Thank you fopr the summary Alicia. This was my favorite line:

"Tyson says he doesn’t really care whether it’s Brendan or Coach. He wasn’t really paying attention at tribal and doesn’t really care whose arse he has to kiss.

"RE: Survivor Tocantins Official RTVW Summary - Episode 4: The Strongest Man Alive Loses to Two Middle-Aged Women"
Posted by byoffer on 03-09-09 at 12:05 PM
Good job Alicia. Totally the opposite of heinous.

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

Posted by suzzee on 03-10-09 at 09:31 AM
*snort at the title

Sentiments courtesy of Agman

Posted by dabo on 03-10-09 at 09:56 AM
LOL! Wonderful summary.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 03-11-09 at 06:57 AM
He wants to see a freakout at tribal, because he has gotten bored with pulling the wings off all the local insects.

I needed a laugh, and that provided it. Great work.

Posted by kingfish on 03-11-09 at 10:54 AM

Nice summary, Alicia.

Posted by Karchita on 03-11-09 at 11:41 PM
Nice work! My favorite bit:

Sandy says she was “slung out” which is country talk for “too old and crazy to fit in with even semi-normal people.”

Thanks and now will someone make this girl a siggie? Please?

Don't you think she's earned it?

Posted by mindy23 on 03-12-09 at 09:13 AM
Absolutely LOVED that heinously hilarious summary!!! THANKS for the giggles I needed this morning. I don't know what you do for a living, but writing is definitely your calling-comedy at its best!!

Posted by samboohoo on 04-07-09 at 10:54 AM
Sorry for the delay. Great Job! It was worth the wait.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by strid333 on 04-14-09 at 08:44 PM
I am getting caught up reading the past summaries.

I must say good job.

Three is the perfect number.