URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3918
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.2"

Posted by ARnutz on 02-22-10 at 08:54 AM

Four Legs Good. Two Legs Bad.

On this episode, teams had to ride umpteen buses from Valparaíso to Puerto Varas, Chile. Once there, they had to ride a boat to Isla Margarita, where they were faced with a choice of detour: be a llama whisperer or plunk yourself down in the water while attached to a plastic condor thingy. I have to give props to the llamas. They had me laughing so hard.

Next, teams had to get to Bellavista farm to perform the roadblock: get all the ingredients to make kuchen - a german pastry - from around the farm. Once complete, they were off to the pit stop - Gruta de la Virgen.

Wondering how your favorite team is ranking so far? Don't forget to check out last week's rankings by our awesome stat man, kidflash.

On to the list!!!

Rank. Names - last week's rank

1. Jet and Cord - 2 - awesome job by the cowboys this week.

2. Carol and Brandy - 1 - still doing great, but alliances rarely work out and next week's preview? Whoa!

3. Monique and Shawne - 5 - good job this week, ladies.

4. Steve and Allie - 7 - they get the default position.

5. Louie and Michael - 4 - man, they are dumb. They drove right past the farm. Lucky for them, granny wanted the precise amount of milk.

6. Caite and Brent - 6 - Brent thinks Jeff is smart. Bwaaahhh!!

7. Joe and Heidi - 8 - not liking them at all.

8. Dan and Jordan - 9 - OK, Maybe both of them make my ears bleed.

9. Jordan and Jeff - 10 - sorry. I can't deal with stupidity or people from Big Brother.

Philiminated: Jody and Shannon - 3 - did anyone tell granny this was a race? Still, they were sweet.

OK, your turn.

I've been 2 Patched!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.2"
Posted by realitytvviewr on 02-22-10 at 09:02 AM
"Philiminated: Jody and Shannon - 3 - did anyone tell granny this was a race? Still, they were sweet."

Sweet? I doubt that is what her other grandchildren are calling her this morning!!!!!! LOL!

Posted by MaryKat on 02-22-10 at 09:44 AM
I have only a favorite and least favorite so far.

1. Jet and Cord - I love them and hope they win.

Everybody else is bunched up in the middle.

9. Jordan and Jeff - I want to throw up every time she's on the screen.

Posted by Max Headroom on 02-22-10 at 11:00 AM
I think someone forgot to remind Jody that she was in a race. I've never seen someone on TAR move so slowly at a critical time...

Like:
1. Jet and Cord (1) - They ran a great leg, and they get bonus points in my book for their sneakiness about the bus connections. Everyone had them pegged as the dumb cowboys; why not use that stereotype to their advantage?
2. Carol and Brandy (4) - The race would be boring if everyone was low-key and mild-mannered, and these two drama queens are the antidote to boredom. I'm not liking the look of the previews, though.
3. Steve and Allie (3) - Didn't see much of them this episode, but they did nothing to make me like them less.
4. Joe and Heidi (7) - As long as Mount Joesuvius doesn't blow, I'll probably like these two. They're growing on me.
5. Caite and Brent (5) - I'm still (somewhat) enjoying watching these two spoiled, entitled brats race. And I'll especially enjoy watching them get their comeuppance when it happens.

Meh:
6. Monique and Shawne (10) - Not sure what set me off about these two in the premiere, but they seemed reasonable the few times we saw them this episode.

Don't like:
7. Louie and Michael (6)- They're looking more and more like a pair of lunkheads with every episode. If Nana had a speed faster than "very slow", they'd be chatting with the Philiminator.
8. Dan and Jordan (8)- Continue to be whiny and annoying. Is it just me, or does one brother look like Derek Jeter?
9. Jordan and Jeff (9) - Dumb and dumber. How can anyone be so oblivious and keep a smile on their face? Are they trying to mock us?

Philiminated: Jody and Shannon (2) - Seemed like great people with great attitudes, but Jody in particular was far too slow to be competitive.

Posted by Joools on 02-22-10 at 02:21 PM
they get bonus points in my book for their sneakiness about the bus connections

I just have to say that what Jet and Cord did (or didn't do) regarding the bus connections wasn't really sneaky in my opinion. They didn't lie or manipulate or sabotage the other teams, they just didn't offer up extra information. Intentionally acting to disadvantage another team is underhanded, but not offering help is wise game play.

Posted by emydi on 02-22-10 at 12:56 PM
1. Steve and Allie (3)- No drama, I like this team...I hope they get more air time

2. Jet and Cord (4)- nice leg for these 2

3. Monique and Shawne (5) - I like these 2 and they are a strong team

4. Carol and Brandy -(6) strong but why are they harping on the cowboys next week about their 1st place finish...let it go!

5. Joe and Heidi (8)- don't like them

6. Dan and Jordan (2)- omh shut up already

7. Louie and Michael (7)- remind me never to be a victim of a crime where these 2 detectives work....

8. Caite and Brent (9)- he thinks team BB is smart...wowza... and why was she wearing a tiara like headband if she was upset by the tiara comment from C and B I hate them

9. Jordan and Jeff(10) - dogs speak Spanish you know Arfavor, they are so self involved it is disgusting....please let them be philiminated soon

Philiminated..Jody and Shannon (1) - I knew they would go soon...I liked grama and felt really bad when she got kicked in the head

P.S. I was waiting for someone to say hir llama was broken!

Posted by mindy23 on 02-22-10 at 01:24 PM
1) Team Not-so-Cow-Pokie! Love me some Cowboys, especially when they are cute AND smart!! Keep it up, boys, and you just might make it on Survivor in a season or two...

2) Team Father-Daughter; not much to say, just glad they were quiet and did what needed to be done this time. No painting the wrong part of the house! LOL.

3) Team Mamma's (Shawne and Monique). Good job, even if that cow DID get you good-you kept up your paces, and not much complaining coming out of your mouths, either. Plus, you both knew how to drive standards. WHAT IS UP WITH the lack of people who drive standards these days?? Nuckle heads!

From here on down, I really can't say much, because I'm not all that impressed or thrilled either way, except that these detectives are really scaring me! Hope they don't work anywhere near any scenes of crime that I might be a victim of!

And Carol and Brandy? Shut up already. Leave it alone; in the words of Paul McCartney: LET IT BE!!!

Grandma: Being a Grandma myself-you NEVER NEVER EVER compare one grand kid to another, unless said grand kid is a Rhodes Scholar and the others are drug dealers living under a bridge somewhere. Even then....not good!! Good luck to you when you can't run or walk, and need to stay out of a nursing home....

Posted by Joools on 02-22-10 at 02:14 PM
1. Jet & Cord - They made it to the front on their own smarts and skill and never looked back. Only problem is that now the other teams have to realize they can't be underestimated anymore.

2. Monique & Shawne - I don't remember too much of them this week but they appear to be good racers and they're still high on my list due to last week's leg.

3. Carol & Brandy - They'd probably be a slot higher if they hadn't cut in line. Next week's argument doesn't look worse than any other one we've seen over the past few seasons.

4. Joe & Heidi - I agree with Louie and Michael, saving a spot in line is grade school behavior. No drama yet and I think they aligned themselves with a good pair.

5. Steve & Allie - They need more screen time for me to know if I really like them but so far so good.

6. Louie & Michael - Driving past the farm could have gotten them eliminated if Michael hadn't sped past Jody in collecting the kuchen ingredients. If they hadn't run into Jeff who knows how much further behind they would have been?

7. Brett & Caite - My dislike for them is equal to my dislike for Jordan and Jeff, but as long as they're around they're good for a laugh whenever somebody brings up her disastrous pageant appearance.

8. Jordan & Jeff - Dumb blondes, meet your new queen. Bleah!

9. Dan & Jordan - Why are there so many annoying brother teams lately? Can we bring back Brian and Greg from season 7 as substitutes?

Philiminated: Jody & Shannon - I still think Nanna rocks but judging by her pace I can see why she does marathons, not sprints.

Posted by shimane22 on 02-22-10 at 02:32 PM
1. Jet/Cord (7) +6
Did well to hold their lead and not share information with the other teams, winning the leg still doesn't prove their intelligence (after all, Jordan and Jeff won last week :p).

2. Joe/Heidi (3) +1
They were pretty much non-entities once again, but I thought they held their ground well against the obnoxious RI cops at the ticket counter.

3. Carole/Brandy (8) +5
A little prissy, quite snobby, but definitely one of the more entertaining teams so far...

4. Monique/Shawne (2) -2
Did nothing of note, but I still like them.

5. Steve/Allie (4) -1
Most invisible team of the week!

6. Jordan/Jeff (5) -1
Stupid but more likeable than...

7. Brent/Caite (6) -1
I did like laughing at her ridiculous sparkling headband and again when she spat on the ground and said "sorry" nonchalantly.

8. Dan/Jordan (10) +2
Couldn't tell them apart, but it doesn't really matter since I don't like either of them.

9. Louie/Michael (9) NC
Really wish they had been eliminated this week... and it would've been them, had grandma not been so poky at the roadblock.

Elimination Station:
X 10. Jody/Shannon (1) -9
Seemed like nice people but it bothered me how slow and relaxed they were... where's the competitive fire? This is a RACE.

X 11. Dana/Adrian

Posted by Tazluli on 02-22-10 at 02:50 PM
1. Jet & Cord (2) - Good gravy they ran a great leg.

2. Monique & Shawne (1) - I am not sure why I have them so high on the list. They are racing well.

3. Steve & Allie (4) - We didn't see much of them, but they haven't annoyed me so they get the third spot.

4. Louie & Michael (7) - Although not the greatest racers, they work hard.

5. Joe & Heidi (9) - Stupid on saving spots. That was really ridiculous.

6. Caite & Brent (8) - Seriously? I've got nothing to say about them.

7. Jordan & Jeff (7) - I didn't watch Big Brother, so I only know what people have said about them. And again? I've got nothing.

8. Dan & Jordan (10) - Oh please be quiet!

9. Carol & Brandy (6) - I find them mean spirited. It was funny to mention Caite on the first show, but to continue on? Also, their "banter" irks me.

Philiminated - Jody & Shannon. Fun combo. I wish they were able to stay a little longer.

Posted by Starshine on 02-22-10 at 05:23 PM
1. Jet and Cord - Good work guys, I can see other teams doing the double taxi shuffle if they were in your situation, not sure how they will cope if things get stressful..

2. Carol and Brandy - I like them, still feeling good vibes.

3. Caite and Brent - Liked the Tiara, still racing well although Brent seems a bit of a nonentity.

4. Monique and Shawne - Nothing to complain about, looking forward to seeing more of them as the race progresses.

5. Jordan and Jeff - I watched that season of BB (well most of it) I think if people ignore that this team are actually quite likeable. Although if it is 18:33 and the bus leaves at 18:30 you are better off looking for another travel option.

6. Steve and Allie - Homestly I cannot remember a thing about them

7. Joe and Heidi - Because I like Cab Calloway.

8. Dan and Jordan - Please just stop talking.

9. Louie and Michael - Just like team "Guns and Hoses" but even worse

Philiminated: Jody and Shannon - Drove well to catch up, however this is a race! Could have done OK if granny had some sense of urgency

Posted by Belle Book on 02-22-10 at 07:27 PM
Okay, my list right now:

1. Jet & Cord -- they were both likeable and smart this leg! Good job!

2. Monique & Shawne -- they did a fine job this week.

3. Brent & Caitie -- they were smarter this week! And I don't really hate them like some here do!

4. Jeff & Jordan -- they were pretty good this leg.

5. Joe & Heidi -- it was smart to form an alliance. I just wish it wasn't with Carol & Brandy.

6. Steve & Allie -- I still like them but they didn't do a whole lot this leg.

7: Louie & Michael -- they got lucky this leg. If Jody had been faster, they'd have been out.

8. Carol & Brandy -- a little too unlikeable for me.

9. Dan & Jordan -- Sam & Dan again? This gives me nightmares!

Philiminated: Jody & Shannon. They should've gone last week.

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-22-10 at 10:03 PM
1)Jet & Cord - Love the cowboys! And Jet is my eye candy for this season. Smart move to keep it quiet about the other bus terminal, I don't see that as underhanded or sneaky. Don't know why they think people stereotype cowboys as dumb. When I think of cowboys I think sexy not stupid.

2)Monique & Shawn - Here by default as the other teams I like less. I'm beginning to wonder if they can keep up physically. They were huffing & puffing alot just from walking to the Detour.

3)Carol & Brandy - I was warming up to them throughout the episode and then came the previews. Worrying about something from the previous leg is pointless - move on and keep racing.

4)Joe & Heidi - A higher rank then they really deserve in my opinion. Joe just gives off a negative vibe. Seems like their alliance with Carol & Brandy will be one sided - and not in their favor.

5)Dan & Jordan - Tough call putting them here on my list. Don't see any similarity to Sam & Dan, who were good racers who bickered between themselves - these two are bad racers who make catty comments about other teams. There's no excuse for not learning to drive a stick. The one thing that gives them this rank was that I got a laugh at the exchange with the cow.

6)Steve & Allie - I want to put them last because of his association with a certain overrated baseball team but the ones below just don't deserve to be any higher. Steve & Allie's invisibility does not bode well for their longevity in this race. They are like the anonymous ensign who beams down with the regular characters on Star Trek - a quick exit.

7)Louie & Michael - Rhode Island's Finest? With their background shouldn't they be the most observant team not the least?

8)Jordan & Jeff - I was hoping Jordan would do the Roadblock and get stuck on "baker's dozen". Isn't the first thing anyone does when they get to a airport/bus terminal/train station is find out from where their plane/bus/train is leaving? There is an unparalleled level of stupidity here.

9)Brent & Caite - Anyone who thinks the team above is smart deserves to be underneath them on my list.

Philiminated: Jody & Shannon - She could have been on the first bus with Jet & Cord and all the teams would still have passed her at the roadblock. I think that kick was the cow's way of telling her to hurry up.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by KwietOne on 02-22-10 at 10:40 PM
Needed a couple of ep's to make my list

Love these guys

#1 Jet/Cord

Meh

#2 Monique/Shawne
#3 Steve/Allie
#4 Brent/Caite
#5 Jeff/Jordan

Bottom of the pack
#6 Joe/Heidi
#7 Carol/Brandy
#8 Mike/Louie
#9 Dan/Jordan

Posted by warp_core breach on 02-22-10 at 11:03 PM
Was distracted last week and didn't get to check out the teams much. This week is a different story and so my rankings are more accurate this time.

1. Jet & Cord - Did their own thing and came out on top.

2. Monique & Shawne

3. Steve & Allie - I expect more from these two but they are drama-free.

4. Joe & Heidi - I don't see them as strong competitors yet.

5. Jordan & Jeff - God these two are dumb. I really would like to know if Jordan knows what a baker's dozen is.

6. Caite & Brent - He's scummy.

7. Carol & Brandy - Annoying divas who must have been wronged by a pageant contestant in the past - let the Caite thing go already.

8. Dan & Jordan - Annoying and learn to drive a stick already!

9. Louie & Michael - Tell me that these two are really undercover and they're not as dumb as they appear to be and that they're really a team to be reckoned with.

Philiminated - Jody & Shannon - Not a surprise. Just because granny runs triathalons doesn't mean she can compete in this race.

A Gift from Agman

Posted by samboohoo on 02-23-10 at 11:07 AM
1. Jet & Cord: Oh My Gravy. They were smart and funny this episode.

2. Steve & Allie: I am wondering if they used some sort of unofficial Fast Forward because I didn't really even see them this week.

3. Jeff & Jordan: Bonus points for thinking and looking for a different bus. You lose points for missing your connection. But you earn some back for not panicking and throwing in the towel. Jeff & Jordan give me laughs. I think they work well together, and I think Jordan has done well. I like that Jeff isn't mean to her in spite of her faults/limitations, etc. I've seen too many partnners blow up at the other. He at least tries to keep it fun. Also, I don't think Jeff thought dogs spoke Spanish - watching the clip, I think it was another way of him teasing Jordan.

4. Brent & Caite: See Jordan & Jeff above regarding the bus points. I kind of like that she can laugh at herself, and the whole spitting incident really gave them points with me.

5. Monique & Shawne: I don't know that I like ranking them this high, but I thought they did well.

6. Carol & Brandy: Another team I don't like ranking so high. Perhaps a mechanical failure on their first bus out would have changed things, but I will give kudos to them for doing so well out of their element.

7. Joe & Heidi: I really don't like him.

8. Dan & Jordan: They annoy the crap out of me.

9. Louie & Michael: Keystone Cops, Part II.

Philiminated: Jody and Shannon.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by beau_30 on 02-23-10 at 07:27 PM
1) Jet and Cord - Number 1 Team they work really well together
2) Joe and Heidi - I am starting to like them
3) Jody and Shannon - Good team
4) Jeff and Jordan - Fell from first last week to 4th thsi week in my list
5) Steve & Allie - Awesome father daughter team.
6) Monique & Shawnnee - Still not sure
7) Carol and Brandy - Not sure yet
8) Micheal and Louie - What happend guys?
9 Dan and Jordan - Never heard anyone cry like that before
10) Brent and Caitie - Still not liking them

Posted by featherfish81 on 02-23-10 at 11:34 PM
Got to see it a little earlier this week.

1. Jet and Cord (1)- Great idea to think of another way to get there. And I also have no problem with them keeping the terminal info under their hat. If they had lied or deliberately misdirected, that's a problem. Letting the other teams be dumb is fine.
2. Monique and Shawne (3)- We didn't see much of them this week, but they seem to be getting along well and doing well.
3. Steve and Allie (7)- Again, we didn't see much of them, but they haven't done anything to drop them down.
4. Carol and Brandy (4)- I'm not sure how helpful your alliance will be, but so far you haven't done anything to knock you down on the list.
5. Joe and Heidi (5)- Please tell me that the comment about the kitchen was a joke.
6. Dan and Jordan (6)- Bickering teams get on my nerves, and they aren't even good racers. Let's just take this random road, I'm sure it's what we want.
7. Louie and Michael (8)- Props for thinking to corral the llama, but you drove right by the place you were looking for.
8. Caite and Brent (9)- You get points for considering a different way to get there, but lose them for not looking for your bus until 2 minutes before it left. And then chasing after it instead of waiting for the next bus was another poor choice.
9. Jordan and Jeff (10)- Same reasons as above, plus I don't like how he makes fun of her intelligence, even if it is a "joke." I know it's easy and we all do it, but we're not dating her.

Philiminated: Jody and Shannon (2)- I think they gave up early on, so even seeing the police officers didn't make them think they had a chance.

Posted by Scuba Steve on 02-24-10 at 10:46 AM
1. Jet/Cord
2. Caite/Brent
3. Monique/Shawne
4. Steve/Allie
5. Jordan/Jeff
6. Joe/Heidi
7. Carol/Brandy
8. Dan/Jordan
9. Louie/Michael

Posted by bostonrobfan on 02-24-10 at 10:16 PM
Love:
1. Jet and Cord
2. Jeff and Jordan

Meh:
3. Monique and Shawne
4. Steve and Allie
5. Caite and Brent

Dislike:
6. Joe and Heidi
7. Carol and Brandy
8. Louie and Michael
9. Dan and Jordan

Posted by louislam on 02-28-10 at 06:48 PM
1. Jet and Cord (2) - Perfect leg, their tactics of playing independently paid off

2. Carol and Brandy (1) - Good decision to form an alliance, still the team to watch this season because they bring a lot of drama and tension between teams to us.

3. Joe and Heidi (7) - Show more of them because of the alliance, seems working well too

4. Steve and Allie (3) - Still like them, but kind of invisible this leg

5. Jordan and Jeff (6) - Doing fine this leg, but the bus error is unforgivable. Why would you go to another bus station when you knew that you were late already and another bus would depart in the current station in less than 30 minutes? Lucky enough for them to catch a midnight bus, otherwise they should be last

6. Caite and Brent (8) - Dumb to follow J/J all the time, though it's obvious that they are alike to J/J...

7. Monique and Shawne (5) - Invisible this leg

8. Dan and Jordan (9) - Hate seeing two men arguing, remind me of Dan/Sam immediately...

9. Louie and Michael (10) - Poor navigation, only saved by weak competition

Philiminated: Jody and Shannon (4) - Sad to see them go, because they really had a chance this leg and they did catch up, just Jody could not work faster in the task! In retrospect, they should figure out an earlier bus and not just took the last one, provided that they are not as fit as other teams they should think outside the box

font color="green"]The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

"Week Two Results"
Posted by kidflash212 on 02-28-10 at 07:46 PM
Week Two Results!

A favorite emerged this week as cowboys Jet & Cord dominate the lvoe taking 18 out of 19 lists. Only emydi didn't jump on the Jet & Cord lvoe train. Monique & Shawn finish in second place with the other invisible team Steve & Allie taking third.

Dan & Jordan continue their reign as least lvoed team being joined at the bottom by Louie & Michael in eighth place.

­]
Rank Team First Place Votes Last Place Votes
AverageRank
Direction
Jet & Cord
Monique & Shawne
Steve & Allie
Carol & Brandy
Joe & Heidi
Brent & Caite
Jordan & Jeff
Louie & Michael
Dan & Jordan

AR starts in 14 minutes - We'll see who gets the lvoe this week!

Capn2patch put me in motion!