URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3916
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Tocintins Official RTVW Summary - Episode 3: I don’t like spiders and snakes, but for you, I’ll make an exeption."

Posted by Snidget on 02-28-09 at 03:27 PM
Previously on Survivor: neither Neither American Idol nor the ACC could keep Survivor from its appointed time. This week however, it comes on quiet cat feet at 2 am and thank goodness the DVR never sleeps.

The Jalapeño tribe bonded and the Timbits tribe began to splinter. It is so nice to see that NAFTA has opened up new opportunities for reality TV. Candace and Coach play a round of pot vs. kettle. When Timbits lost the reward/immunity/sing off challenge they all found out the new twist. One from each tribe goes to exile, so this time Brandon and Taj. They worked together and shared the clue that eventually was deciphered to mean the idol’s back at camp.

Timbits turned their sights on Zebra girl they wanted out days ago, but Candace turned on Coach so she had to go. 14 are left and for more details of last week’s show check out Samboohoo’s excellent summary here: Episode 2 summary

A spooky moon rises over Timbits as they return from tribal council. Erinn seems to be conflicted over Candace’s ouster and seems to be trying to convince people she just hung out with her to see what she was like before voting for her. Coach is insulted by everything Erinn says so she will never be in his alliance. Cue the opening credits; I don’t even recognize most of these people.

The spoonbills welcome us to Timbit’s camp in morning misery. Erinn is trying to figure out how to get in with people now that she is on the outs, so she needs to outperform the other girls in the challenges to fight for her life.

Jerry doesn’t want to eat the beans for breakfast and didn’t eat dinner as his stomach is messed up. He’s toughed out things like this when serving in Afghanistan so isn’t about to show any weakness here. Seems that his tribe is noticing he isn’t feeling well even though he is toughing it out.

A crocodile waits in the water by the Jalapeños as one of them tries to fish by putting the net over himself. They do eventually drop it into the water and catch a couple of very small fish. JT says the water is different from where he comes from but they are going to get it under control. They are able to use the little fish to bait the hooks and seem to having some luck with the fishing poles. Joe decides that being able to catch a couple of fish make them a force to be reckoned with. How can anyone compete with their awesomeness?

For today’s challenge 6 team members blindfolded and tied in pairs. They will get directions from a non-blindfolded member of the tribe to get them through the maze to their bucket. They will then go to the water tower, fill the bucket with water. Go to a container and pour the water into it and as it fills it will raise a flag. Then they will repeat the process with corn. First team to get both flags up wins reward. A tarp, and umbrella and other furniture, pillows, blankets and a hammock is the reward. Winning tribe sends a loser to Exile and the loser gets to take a winner with them.

The Jalapeño caller is Joe. Debra is calling for Timbits. So far getting the buckets in the maze seems to be going fairly smoothly, now off to the water tower. Spoke too soon, one of the Timbit’s pairs is without a bucket and seems to be quite off course. Brendan and Jerry finally find the bucket and Jalapeño has two buckets of water in the container. Now 3 buckets to zero as Timbits start back to the container all together. As they get to the container to start pouring water the Jalapeños flag goes up.

As the Timbits try to find the water tower again the Jalapeños are pouring corn all over their faces and getting at least some into the buckets as well. Timbits ask how much water they need. Debra doesn’t know but gets them to start heading back as the Jalapeños get their second bucket and quickly a third bucket of corn into the corn container. That is enough for their flag. They win reward.

Brendan going to Exile again, and he picks Taj again. Jeff asks Spencer if that bothers him, and he thinks it is strategy and not surprising.

I don’t like spiders and snake, and that ain’t what it takes to love me, but seems to be what the editors like as a scene setting shot before we arrive at the Timbit’s camp. Coach discusses the primal yell he let out at the end of the challenge. Debra feels like she let everyone down. Coach tells them all the last thing they need to do is go off in small groups to talk about who screwed up today. So Coach goes off with Tyson to talk about who screwed up in the challenge. Tyson notices that coach fits that old those that can’t do teach/coach rule to a T. Tyson says Coach likes to hear his own voice and rest of them are just happy to hear Coach talk on and on and on. It is what they need. Tyson is now the anointed assistant coach and that seems to be just where he wants to be as he thinks that mean Coach has a schoolboy crush on him. He thinks this means he will eventually be promoted, to either have his own team or be CoCo-ach. Who knew ego was contagious? And he has decided if he gets separated from Coach the other tribe will have to call him coach.

You know the guy with the red headband on Idol is much more amusing than this purple banded dude.

Cue the happy music, and off to the Jalapeño’s camp. Joe manages to keep reminding himself that they won and Sandy noticed how pissed Coach was about losing. Joe plans the Pagong/Ulonging of the Timbits because nothing will stop them and they wouldn’t dare twist things up in this game. They get the tarp on the shelter and cue the heavy rain.

Coach’s ego decides that the Jalapeños are weak little girls that need things like tarps and shelter and comfort. He will, “bury himself in the sand get eaten by tarantulas and bitten by snakes I don’t care about anything but winning this game.”

*Fantasizes about burying Coach in sand and feeding him to spiders and snakes*

Over to Exile Island they do the urn-choosing thing again. Taj gets the clue this time.

You must search around
You can and you should
The item desired
Is surrounded by wood

Christy and Jody should be by any minute with some wood they found in an Austrian stable. Brendan is thinking either in the shelter or the tree mail area is where it will be. Brendan and Taj try to work out a plan if they don’t find the idols. They plan to pull in Steve and Sierra and create a hidden alliance with them at the merge that no one else will know about. Brendan tells Taj she is the best accomplice ever and she laughs evilly.

Morning arrives at the Jalapeño Camp. On a cold and rainy night, they enjoyed the pillows and blankets. Apparently a good night’s sleep brings out the crazy in Sandy because she says she is a….
a…..
a…..
*shakes*
“sex kitten this morning”
*shudder*
JT takes this trauma and is going to use it to put Timbits down.

It is time for the Immunity Challenge. Two members roll one crate at a time back to the mat and when they have 6 of them build a staircase with their tribe’s name spelled out. First team to stack the crates correctly and get all tribe members on top of the tower wins immunity.

JT and Taj vs. Debra and Brendan for the first crate. JT and Taj back first
Up next Steven and Sydney for the Jalapeños and Sierra and Tyson for the Timbits. Sierra and Tyson make up the time.
Next out is Coach and Erinn for the Timbits followed by Joe and Sandy for the Jalapeños. Looks like Joe and Sandy made up some time.
Next round is Brendan and Jerry vs. JT and Spencer. JT and Spencer run into Jerry with their crate.
Coach and looks like CoCo-ach vs. Joe and Steven.
Tyson and Brandon go for the last crate. Spencer and Taj also out but a fair amount behind.

Erinn leading her tribe to get the crates stacked. Jalapeños working together. Timbits are arguing over which crate goes where. Each tribe has one crate left. Sandy getting crushed. Jalapeños win immunity.

Jerry is really hurting and saying he is through and finished. Taj kisses the immunity idol like Normund kisses the American Idol Logo. Jerry isn’t getting better and expects his tribe will see him as the weakest link.

Ominous music and a croaking bird lead us to Timbits tribe and Jerry feeling really rough. He says he isn’t going to quit, they would have to vote him out. Owls gather on a mound, Timbits gather in the water. Erinn tries to figure out where the communication breakdown happened today. They also discuss Jerry being sick.

Coach says in the confessional that as soon as Erinn knew that Jerry was sick she got the evilest sneer on her face when she thought it means she is staying. He then replays his revelation for CoCo-ach. Gosh watching them is making me sick, do you think maybe that is what got Jerry? Coach now pulls in Debra and Sierra to make sure they know the evil that is Erin. He then tells them that they might be able to socialize with someone so lacking in integrity but he cannot exist around someone that smiles evilly when someone else is on their knees.

*add a dozen evil smilers to the sand, tarantula and snake order*

CoCo-ach tells Jerry to stay strong as he wants Erinn out. She is just here to lie and deceive, unlike CoCo-ach who tells him no one is talking about voting Jerry out at all.

Brendan goes off to molest the statue sitting next to the tree mail station. He finds the idol in a hole under the skirt. I am not making this up. Excuse me while I go bleach out my brain. For him it is not about money but about winning games and he thinks he is playing the right way that is why good stuff happens.

Erinn is trying to make sure everyone sees Jerry is sick without saying it or looking like she is throwing him under the bus to save herself. Because him being sick means he obviously doesn’t want to be there like she does. After all wanting to be there is all you need to have immunity from all illnesses even if you can’t win immunity challenges all that often. Jerry says he is doing better than he was and getting better. All he needs is a cheeseburger.

Tyson says blindsides are awesome, but remember, he is the good one, he loves to see people cry when he crushes their dreams. So the editors knew they’d be on against the Dream Crushing American Idol tonight, huh? Way to try out for Simon’s job, Tyson.

Obvious Tribal Question #1. So that immunity thing is important?
Tyson says they need a win to regain momentum.
Obvious Tribal Question #2. Erinn had a plan and that worked well, huh?
Erinn says they all panicked and just wouldn’t listen and it frustrated her.
Obvious Tribal Question #3. So this communication thing, you don’t have it, do you.
Brendan says they do fine. Jerry’s just shaking his head.
Obvious Tribal Question #4. Jerry who are you going to stick the leader bull’s-eye of doom on?
He wants to stick it on Brendan.
Obvious Tribal Question #5. So Coach what do you think?
Well playing devil’s advocate because answering your question straight up is not what the good guys do he has to take the reins. I made eye contact on the truck and told them what to get.
Obvious Tribal Question #6. So Coach you think you should be the leader
Well Duh.
Obvious Tribal Question #7. Erinn, please share one of those emotions that flashed over your face.
Coach loves to be the leader, but Brendan does it better.
Coach says it is just a personality clash because Brendan isn’t winning challenges for them.
Obvious Tribal Question #8. So Coach is passive-aggressive and not owning his ideas?
Well Duh.
Obvious Tribal Question #9. Does Coach’s Ego care to comment?
Oh no, it isn’t about me, I just want to be the assistant here and do what everyone tells me to do. But I was surprised that Erinn didn’t just make me the Hot and Anointed one like American Idol did with Danny Gokey.
Not So Obvious Tribal Question #10. Jerry how will the vote make the tribe better?
It will get rid of the weakest person.

So it is time to vote. Erinn votes for Jerry and Jerry votes for Erinn. Jeff tallies the votes. Now is the time to play the hidden immunity idol. *crickets*

Jerry
Jerry
Erinn
Jerry
Jerry

Third person voted out is Jerry. Tonight’s vote was about making the tribe stronger, time will tell.

Next time on Survivor.
Sydney turns on the tribe
Timbits lose their heads
Taj keeps her in the game.

Jerry says this was harder than anything in the Army. Not being able to eat took a toll on his body and he hopes one of his teammates wins.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor Tocintins Official RTVW Summary - Episode 3: I don’t like spiders and snakes, but for you, I’ll make an exeption."
Posted by suzzee on 03-01-09 at 08:00 AM
Nicely done Snidget, I enjoyed the "Obvious TC questions" it did sound completely scripted. I hated to see Jerry go but that was the noblest exit I've seen. Jeff could have "stretched the truth" to call it a blindside but thankfully left it alone.

I missed Coach's howl of disappointment for some reason (probably my dogs were barking) or maybe I block out howling out of habit because of them.

If I ever hear the words sex kitten again....*shudder*

On with the Coach show. I wonder if his will be a great blindside or if a snake/spider/tarantula/tribe bite will take him out.

Ode to Dali Tribe style 2008

"RE: Survivor Tocintins Official RTVW Summary - Episode 3: I don’t like spiders and snakes, but for you, I’ll make an exeption."
Posted by LFJ on 03-01-09 at 06:47 PM
Snidget,

"Excuse me while I go bleach out my brain."

GUFFAW!

"All I need is a cheesburger."

SNORT!

For the 2nd time in a couple of days I am laughing out loud at the computer. The "Colonel" got me a day or two back.

If you are not already, you should be writing for a sitcom, or something similar. At the very least, a column with political commentary.

Posted by Max Headroom on 03-02-09 at 01:31 PM
Thanks Snidge. I missed the episode when it first aired, then refused to watch the DVR recording after hearing so much griping about it around here.

I confess. I'm not into this season too much.

agman's helping me survive

Posted by michel on 03-02-09 at 08:52 PM
Thank you for the summary, Snidget

Posted by byoffer on 03-03-09 at 04:20 PM
Very good, Snidget.

- Christy and Jody should be by any minute with some wood they found in an Austrian stable.
- Taj kisses the immunity idol like Normund kisses the American Idol Logo.

These cross-show references made me LOL.

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

Posted by samboohoo on 03-05-09 at 02:51 PM
I was going to say the same thing about the cross-forum threading! Good Job Snidge!

*smooches Agman*

Posted by strid333 on 03-07-09 at 12:08 PM
Excellent summary!

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by Denalio on 03-07-09 at 06:16 PM
Wonderful funny summary! I have long been so impressed with the caliber of excellent writing that goes on here.

(I'm catching up on Survivor today, so just want to shout out to frisky and samboohoo too, you all are fantastic!)

Thanks so much for making the Survivor experience even bettah!

Awe inspiring Tribe sig!!!

Posted by aliciabbrown on 03-07-09 at 11:25 PM
Great job, Snidget. You'll be a tough act to follow!