URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3910
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Also, they realized he was insane."

Posted by Estee on 02-20-09 at 10:28 AM
Coach has been fired from his job for leaving out a few small details. Like the whole 'I'll be gone for over a month' thing.

http://tinyurl.com/cxgyxf

And you have to think the incredibly obvious insanity didn't help.

No, really. What ego?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Also, they realized he was insane."
Posted by jbug on 02-20-09 at 10:44 AM
he added that his eventual Hollywood aspirations included an appearance on a future All-Stars edition of Survivor, as well getting to host his own television show called The Coach Wade Show.

"I loved my time at SBU. Obviously, now I'm off to pursue adventures in Hollywood," Wade told the News-Leader.

"This has opened up a whole new world to me," Wade said. "I loved being myself on camera. There's going to be a lot of interest from the show in who I was and what I did. I'm definitely excited about that."

He's already planning for all stars? And he has his own tv show planned? if there was ever an over ego, this is one!

Unfortunately for us, this makes it sound like he stuck around for awhile. But it doesn't sound like the won.....so......

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Posted by vince3 on 02-20-09 at 10:50 AM
I think, no matter how long they were on the show, all contestants disappear for the full 39 days plus travel time....... It's just that those that don't make the Jury go off to Sequesterville/Ponderosa 1.0

Posted by jbug on 02-20-09 at 12:08 PM
There's going to be a lot of interest from the show in who I was and what I did. I'm definitely excited about that.

This is the part that makes me think he was there longer. If he got snuffed after only 3 or 4 TC's I don't think his comment would be about "who I was and what I did" .
Or maybe with his ego he'd think that if he'd been the first to go! LOL

Posted by mtopaz on 02-20-09 at 12:58 PM
Wade, who also works as a part-time orchestra conductor, told the News-Leader that he would be leaving for California this week to conduct the Susanville Symphony. However, he added that his eventual Hollywood aspirations included an appearance on a future All-Stars edition of Survivor, as well getting to host his own television show called The Coach Wade Show.

do you think he sometimes insists on being called The Maestro?

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Posted by Brownroach on 02-20-09 at 01:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-09 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

I just saw your post on the East Coast Spoiler Thread.

Geez, this guy is a bigger DAW than the entire population of RTVWorld combined. Full of yourself much, Coach/Maestro?

Posted by mtopaz on 02-20-09 at 01:44 PM
I think he might even pose part-time for the covers of Gothic romances, what with that mane of hair and tattooed upper torso! No wonder he thought Candace would swoon at a kiss on the cheek from him :0

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Posted by Brownroach on 02-20-09 at 03:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-09 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

Well if he isn't a paperback coverboy maybe he'll see your post and consider looking into it. Just in case, you know, that TV career thing doesn't work out.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 02-20-09 at 05:20 PM
Hahaha! You are all thinking the same as me I hadn't heard about his great PR blitz yet, but last night, watching him with that hair pulled back and the dark suit and scarf?, etc. the DUDE has a BIG OPINION of himself - that's fer sure! Man, that look (if it ever was in!) went out decades ago!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by LibraRising on 02-20-09 at 02:09 PM
The Coach Wade Show...coming to a public access station near you.

Posted by Estee on 02-20-09 at 04:18 PM
Speaking as a member of the public, I'm just not feeling that need to go accessing.

Posted by mattben on 02-21-09 at 00:20 AM
This is just too much fun. (Ain't no such thing.) Cap'n somebody had a song titled that. He was from Long Island.

"Maestro" is good. I hope he's around for me to use it in my summary. All Wackos end up in LA somehow; I present myself as Exhibit A.

"Coach" reminds way way too much of that charletan Ward Churchill, who pretended to be an Indian.

manga

Posted by kingfish on 02-24-09 at 09:08 AM
Ben is the kind of character that could find a place in post-ouster summaries. Unfortunately, Sandy is too.

And summarizers would do me a service if gratuitous pictures of Carolina and Candace (sans interview) kept popping up too.

Gone, but not drooled over enough.

Posted by Karchita on 02-22-09 at 01:26 AM
It sounds to me like he went to LA (or Brazil) pre-filming as an alternate. If he wasn't needed, he'd be home in a week; that's what he was expecting, so that's what he told his employer. Instead, he got to fill in for someone and off he went for the 39 days and couldn't go back to his job.

I feel sorry for his team. I know how I would feel if my coach went AWOL for the last two weeks of the season.

Posted by suzzee on 02-22-09 at 08:55 AM
I thought I'd heard Spencer was the last minute replacement. As much Coach was focused on I think he was always on. I agree with you about his team though, that had to be tough for them.

We seem to think we have some control over this planet. Ralph Steadman

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-23-09 at 04:27 PM
Hmmm...I think Estee already dreamed up a smarter, more strategic version of Coach...although it's not exactly as if there are a lot of Bens or Benjamins in the history of Survivor to be confused with...

Posted by Belle Book on 02-23-09 at 06:21 PM
You referring to Thomas Gardner from Estee's Survivor: The Society Islands? If so yeah, Gardner's obviously a smarter, more strategic version of Coach -- although not as smart as the heroine of Estee's story.

Belle Book

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-23-09 at 10:41 PM
He's the one - and yes, Gardener could play circles around Coach. The self-appointment as leader, abrasive attitude, arrogance, and aversion to being addressed by his Christian name on the show are the parallel.

And Alex would eat him for breakfast. Hopefully, not literally.

Posted by Belle Book on 02-26-09 at 07:59 PM
Agreed on all counts. Gardmer could play circles around Coach, and Alex would (figuratively) eat Coach for breakfast. Look at what happened to Desmond.

Belle Book

Posted by Spanky68 on 02-24-09 at 10:27 AM
I shouldn't really be surprised that anyone who would apply to survivor would be capable of this. But he took DAWishness to a whole new level.

I kept thinking that there must be more offscreen back story to that whole "let me kiss you" moment with Candace. If not, it was even creepier.

Coach = giving narcissism a bad name since 2009

Moonbaby tricked out my siggie

Posted by Brownroach on 02-26-09 at 04:35 PM
Since way before that, I'm pretty sure.

Posted by Estee on 02-26-09 at 04:46 PM
What amazes me is that he ever got the job he just lost in the first place. Is this a man you would ever voluntarily give power over women? (Beyond his innate one to induce nausea in a four-channel radius?) I'm waiting for the stories to start coming out. 'Kiss me or you don't get to start on Sunday.'

Posted by jbug on 02-26-09 at 10:11 PM
Man this guy is really full of himself!
'You can be my assistant coach'. yea, right

His obnoxiousness reminds me of Stephan from Top Chef!
& Stephan is NOT top chef!