URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 390
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The home visit"

Posted by moogie on 03-02-04 at 12:21 PM
One thing struck me odd about the home visits. Last week we were treated to Jim's idea of a good time in Scottsdale, which consisted of some rock climbing and a visit to his bachelor pad (blow up doll and bed without sheets anyone?). Obviously he had no help on the planning of his date.

Then last night we saw Gil in Miami treating Larissa to a romantic boat ride to a beautiful castle and a beautifully catered dinner. This is something I'm sure he is completely incapable of planning on his own.

Finally cut to Brian in Boston, the planning of this one must have had the AJ production team working overtime. Even Brian was surprised by several of the events that took place. But according to the editing last week, both rejection of Jim and Brian took place the same night. Was the AJ crew intentionally giving Jim the lamest home visit ever created in order to sway Larissa's decision? We didn't get to see Gil or Brian's homes. Both dates were very polished and made for tv. Even in the last AJ Malena's home visits were much more real and down to earth.

It all just seemed very pre-planned to me.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The home visit"
Posted by MuckDog on 03-02-04 at 01:40 PM
Very odd how that show was edited. Awkward.

Why did they get rid of Jim the previous week? They show him getting dumped before we even saw her other dates. Did not flow well. My wife and I were thinking we missed something.

Was it because the "super-sized" the 2nd to last episode and needed to fill the time. Can't think of any other reason they would have dumped Jim before last night's show.

Posted by moogie on 03-02-04 at 01:55 PM
Welcome to my first new thread ever MuckDog! I'm new to posting myself.

Awkward is a very good way to describe it! The more I've been thinking about it the more I've realized how pre-planned it all was. The Jim home visit and the Fredo submarine trip were planned to manipulate the outcome. Then to manipulate even further,they dropped the Fabio bomb on Gil, probably because they had been banking on her choosing Brian. This IMO was done to redeem the show at the very end. Beautiful girl makes bad choice but learns a valuable lesson.

Posted by Howard Dean on 03-03-04 at 01:31 AM

And don't forget the bomb under the boat that they did to Tony, so that Larissa would suddenly think, "Gee he has no sense of humor."

> The Jim home visit
>and the Fredo submarine trip
>were planned to manipulate the
>outcome. Then to manipulate
>even further,they dropped the Fabio
>bomb on Gil, probably because
>they had been banking on
>her choosing Brian.

Posted by ToadMagnet on 03-03-04 at 01:06 AM
Wondered this myself, and (as mentioned in a post below) I agree it's the editing. The actual eliminations did take place on the same night (over a 3-hour period, if I understood the subtitles correctly - probably didn't want the guys to accidentally overlap), so since the producers knew Jim wasn't picked, they could throw him in a really lousy light. I suspect they left out Brian & Gil's house tours because that might make them look too human, and they were supposed to be neck-and-neck in the romance department (assuming one considers airboating in alligator habitats to be equally as romantic as hanging out in a baseball stadium).