URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3898
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Let me be the first..."

Posted by mindy23 on 12-07-09 at 08:45 AM
To congratulate ALL 3 teams for a job well done! Last night was full of surprising twists, not a lot of the pettiness we've seen over the course of the season, and actually, for me, was a real nail biter, up until the last few minutes.

I want to stand firm and say I am proud of all three teams for playing so 'gracefully' last night (who knew they would ALL know the words to 'Amazing Grace'??), keeping the race competitive but not ridiculous, unless you count Erika's many meltdowns.

I think most of us can say the order of the finale was pretty predictable, but there were times last night that had one guessing who was going to do what!

And I DO want to say the brothers did a GREAT job, and I wish them well. I have never had anything personal against them-don't know them, never will. Same with Erika and a few others of the whiners that just grated on most of us. They DID make for a less-than-boring season, and for that, I thank all of them!

Can't wait for next time too see what Phil has up his sleeves, with that little roaming gnome...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Let me be the first..."
Posted by jbug on 12-07-09 at 09:52 AM
I kept watching the clock and thinking there were running out of time and wouldn't have time for the "where the race has taken you" roadblock. Guess they figured the teams have started taking notes for that .
The lack of made it all a bit anti-climatic for me. I've gotten used to enjoying the race in review for the final RB.

Erika was beginning to grate a bit with her meltdowns. But maybe I would too if I saw a million slipping thru my fingers (like flower petals that couldn't be reached).

Sparkled by Agman 2009

Posted by mindy23 on 12-07-09 at 11:13 AM

>
>Erika was beginning to grate a
>bit with her meltdowns.
>But maybe I would too
>if I saw a million
>slipping thru my fingers (like
>flower petals that couldn't be
>reached).
>
>
> Sparkled by Agman
>2009
>
Yep, I hear ya on that, JBug!! I can relate to being short, and the frustrations of how that must have felt! And to top it off, her hubby is not so tall, either. Just think how easy it would have been for the Globe Trotters to have done THAT task!!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-10-09 at 07:49 AM
And to top it off, her hubby is not so tall, either.

I don't think we got any height stats on anyone but Flight Time (6'4") and Big Easy (6'9" or 6'10" depending on who you asked) but Brian looked about a full head taller than Ericka, who had to be at least 5'6". I think the problem was just a lack of strength on Ericka's part to hoist Brian up to that height.

Just think how easy it would have been for the Globe Trotters to have done THAT task!!

Tell me about it - if only Big Easy hadn't misplayed the Kafka Roadblock, we'd have heard, "Flight Time and Big Easy...you are the official winners of the Amazing Race."

Posted by featherfish81 on 12-10-09 at 08:35 PM
Don't forget, they still would have had to count to 1 million.

Posted by samboohoo on 12-07-09 at 12:24 PM
I was looking for the same Road Block. I can also hear Luke screaming for it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Seana on 12-07-09 at 03:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-09 AT 03:40 PM (EST)

Me too. I was certainly surprised.

Edit to say "that it wasn't there". I was certainly surprised that we didn't have the memory game Roadblock. I wonder if any of the teams had tried to learn all that stuff, only for it to have been a completely wasted effort?

Posted by MKitty on 12-08-09 at 05:16 PM
Yeah, me and DH kept saying: "when are they going to do the memory game"?? I can't believe they didn't have it...it's a standard for the finale!!!

Oh, and Erica, enough with the hissy fits already!

Good ending, Cheyne and Meghan deserved it.

*winter delight from Sharnina*

Posted by Snidget on 12-10-09 at 11:25 AM
Sounds like from the RTVW interviews on the front page they were all expecting this kind of challenge for the finale. That may be why they didn't do it.

Although anyone can forget something or have a frustration with it even when prepared if it becomes something everyone is studied up for there may be less drama than if you haven't done it for a few seasons and it comes back.