URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 389
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Suze Orman"

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 02-27-05 at 00:48 AM
She is quite the enigma to me. She used to have a nationally syndicated radio show, but then got the boot from Premiere Radio Networks (Clear Channel). She still has her weekend show on CNBC. And now her new syndicated TV show won't air until at least next year.

I just don't get it. She's not unattractive. Although a strong personality and opinionated, she doesn't come off as dogmatic as a Dr. Laura (at least IMO). And she has good things to say about finances; DW and I have enjoyed her CNBC show.

So why isn't Suze Orman more successful, at least in the broadcast world? (And I'm not saying she ought to be, or that it's not her fault if she's not.) Or, do you think she IS successful? Thoughts?

Invisible to telescopic eye / Infinity, the star that would not die...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Suze Orman"
Posted by Laurie on 03-02-05 at 03:49 PM
I like Suze. If I had any money, I could learn a lot from her. But since I have no money, oh well!

I saw her on Donny Deutsch the other night, she was giving financial advice to Tom Arnold. It was interesting, cause even television stars such as Tommy boy need to know how to wisely spend their money, it would seem.

Posted by Majic Mitch on 08-18-05 at 08:23 AM
I like her too. However, personality wise she seems too agressive. I'm not sure why but financial advise and agressive advise don't really go together.

Anybody read any of her books or purchase any products?

Posted by bystander on 08-18-05 at 12:50 PM
I always enjoy watching Suze. She gives some great advice and is never afraid to tell people what they are doing wrong.

She seems to be "in" with PBS during their pledge breaks.