URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 389
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bookmarking archived threads"

Posted by jbug on 06-20-08 at 10:30 AM
I found a couple of old threads in the archived OT that I wanted to bookmark for later reference. They won't seem to bookmark.
Each time I try, I get a BLANK bookmark in the "Other Reality TV Shows" Forum list (where I have nothing bookmarked).

I did get some old threads to bookmark from the Survivor Forum and from the TAR forum.

Any idea why the old archived ones in OT won't bookmark?
~~~~Grumbles~~~~another time when I really need that handbook~~~~
Thanks in advance for any help.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bookmarking archived threads"
Posted by mysticwolf on 06-20-08 at 11:46 PM
Well, I know the Search function has been turned off for the OT archives. Just too time and resource consuming. No idea if that's connected, but it wouldn't totally surprise me.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess that you can bookmark a still active thread in OT and have it continue to work even after the thread goes to archive because you've then set a Search point on it for your account. Bookmarking already archived threads probably doesn't work because no Search criteria are defined for the OT archived threads and, since it's already in the archive, it's too late to set one for yourself.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

Posted by jbug on 06-21-08 at 07:43 PM
thanks MW, that's about what I was afraid of.
Making a log of the dates is one possible way - but noting the archive page it appears on? Looks to me like the page should stay the same as further threads are archived. So I guess I'll make a log.

Snidget put me on the cover!

Posted by Snidget on 06-21-08 at 07:51 PM
I think once it goes in the archives the URL stays the same, you could use the browser's bookmark feature or just copy the URL's with a note of why you might want to go back to that thread.

Posted by jbug on 06-21-08 at 09:07 PM
smart idea Snidge - thanks!

Snidget put me on the cover!