URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3888
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Kenny is Dumb"

Posted by MattyMax on 12-05-08 at 02:01 PM
good move on ruining your game last night.

there was no reason to vote for Matty. If corinne played the idol, Matty would have gone home, if not, she would have.

Kenny voted for Matty, betraying his alliance, putting a huge target on his back and losing all jury votes.

overplaying your hand!!

dumb dumb dumb.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Kenny is Dumb"
Posted by Jims02 on 12-05-08 at 02:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-08 AT 02:20 PM (EST)

It was an amazingly stupid move. I think Kenny has played really well so far this season, so it's really surprising how bad the thought process was. It isn't even about believing in the fake idol lie. Because I can see, theoretically, why someone would fall for that.

As you said, voting for Matty didn't do anything but make him vulnerable if Corinne goes home. He knew it was either going to be Corinne or Matty either way. It's not like Corinne and Bob were targeting Kenny or Crystal, putting them in danger if the idol is real. There was no real reason to vote that way. What's the difference between a 5-2 vote and a 4-3 vote?

The only reason I can think of is that Kenny is sooooo obsessed with being a "mastermind" that he has to be behind every single vote. And if he doesn't vote Matty, it looks like a coup for Corinne & Bob and not Kenny. That still not enough of a reason to vote Matty, though. Corinne and Bob would've scooped up Marcus/Charlie/Randy's votes anyway.

This was a classic case of over-thinking things.

Pooky is the Mole.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-05-08 at 02:30 PM
Kenny is sooooo obsessed with being a "mastermind" that he has to be behind every single vote. And if he doesn't vote Matty, it looks like a coup for Corinne & Bob and not Kenny.

You know, you may be right about that. Remember Kenny talked to his sister about how he was planning to blindside Matty. So in his mind, he got the idea first; then Bob came along to help him execute it. I wouldn't be surprised if that was Kenny's mentality.

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 12-05-08 at 05:12 PM
The only reason I can think of is that Kenny is sooooo obsessed with being a "mastermind" that he has to be behind every single vote. And if he doesn't vote Matty, it looks like a coup for Corinne & Bob and not Kenny.
This was a classic case of over-thinking things.

Great point.
I kept wondering what I was missing when he voted for Matty. It was such a stupid move. But this makes sense. Blindsided by his own ego! Serves him right.

Into the magna tribe by phyl

Posted by PsychoKitty on 12-05-08 at 09:43 PM
That IS an excellent point- that maybe it was all about his ego. Because he did tip his hand and Matty knows he's out for him now. And Crystal was so stupid not voting for Matty - that was her chance and she followed Kenny's silly idea to try and "flush out" the idol. Gee, Kenny never considered if Corinne didn't play it! Stupid move, and they thought they were SO smart. Just goes to show. . . ! And all that looking back and forth at TC - just silly!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

Posted by Lucid on 12-07-08 at 04:04 AM
Seemed like hedging his bets to me. If Bob was telling the truth, not backing him would have got him in trouble.

I'm still pretty shocked they swallowed the story though. Oh well.

He probably needs to go straight to Matty afterwards and explain relatively honestly how it went down and hope Matty accepts that - doesn't seem like the grudge holding type, more the type that would appreciate someone being straight up.

Posted by Aruba on 12-06-08 at 11:38 AM
I agree. When Bob was explaining the HII to Ken and hoping he would bite I thought for sure the next scene would be Ken and Crystal off the the side doubled over in laughter as to how Bob could think they would be so gullible.

But like you said... "dumb dumb dumb"

Although I may have to disagree about Ken's blunder "ruining his game." Regardless of what Ken said or did be it ignorance, stupidity or a combination of both, the Anti-Darwin Syndrome will dictate that Bob and Matty are still much bigger threats. Conventional wisdom would say even Sugar's HII makes her a bigger target. The weaker and inept players will still feel there are bigger fish to fry than Ken. Should this be true I still see Ken as a F4 prospect. Assuming Susie makes the F4 also, anyone who watched Pearl Island would not want someone as useless as Susie in the Finals.

I realize this is all speculation but if Ken is sitting between the likes of a Crystal and Sugar I honestly don't see how he lost all the Jury votes. Much like Earl in Fiji he could win this thing purely out of default. Time will tell.

Posted by Fishercat on 12-07-08 at 00:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-08 AT 00:32 AM (EST)

There was good reason for Kenny to play this exactly as he did, and I don't think the people saying this ruined his game are really thinking about this.

OK, Kenny could have simply said something like "Sure Corinne, we'll vote for you this week, you play it, then we switch over". But that leaves the possibility open to HIM getting blindsided. What stops Corrine from going to Matty and Susie (for instance, or Matty and Crystal, or Susie and Sugar, or whatever) and proposing the same deal, using information that Kenny gave them and portraying him as running the game. This deal with Bob and Corrine cause them to stop trying to search, ensuring Kenny's safety.

That justifies the pre-action, now I'm going try and justify his vote for Matty. We'll split it to two possibilities

A. The Idol is Real
-The result is that Corrine plays the idol, Matty is bounced with three votes. Corrine sees that at least one half of the alliance was truthful, and Kenny at the very least has an in with Bob and Corrine. Likewise, the 4-3 vote, even if they KNOW it was Kenny, ensures that he can't quite go home yet. If Kenny decides not to go with Bob and Corrine, they HAVE to keep Kenny to ensure a majority to boot the other two. They don't want challenge threat and winning player Bob in the F4, they don't want Corrine there, and you need KenCrystal to boot those two. Plus, they kind of have to understand wanting to boot the huge physical threat.

The net effect for Kenny?

-Jury favor among Corrine and Bob, who have influence with the onions.
-An understandable boot of a physical threat for his own game in challenges and for everyone else
-Matty has little reason to hold a grudge, Kenny didn't end up booting him, an idol did.
-Flexibility for Kenny to move between alliances with little possibility of a Dolly-ing

However, we know it wasn't real, so this is his scenario as it happened

B. The Idol is fake
Corrine goes out on a 4-3 vote, leaving an alliance of five and Bob. Kenny may have ostracized himself from his alliance or Matty with his vote, but the net result is the same as if he never talked. However, even if they're upset with Kenny, they still don't have much of a choice unless they can pull Crystal off of Kenny as an alliance mate, or pull Bob over. Neither of those seem particularly likely. Crystal has no good reason to doubt Kenny and she's gone with him on every major vote. And as much as they may want to get rid of Kenny, there's less of a reason to keep Bob. Four winning votes on the jury already and an exceptionally crafty physical competitor who only Matty holds an advantage over. Likewise, if Bob wins an Idol, he may give it to Kenny, or if he keeps it, Kenny looks to be in good position with a bigger physical threat in the game (Matty), friends on both sides, and no good way to avoid a tie vote without Ken.

Net results of this
-Possible distrust brewing by the other tribe members
-A good relationship with Bob as a gameplayer
-The respect of Corrine on the jury, which looks possible to spread to the Onions.
-A perceived weakening of the Kenny-Crystal alliance, which makes them seem less threatening and possibly less of a target for a blindside.

On the surface, it looks unnecessary, but as an endgame move it may be smart. It seems unlikely to me that his alliance has the bravado or correct situation to blindside Kenny before Bob. Also, if you're Sugar or Susie (or even Crystal), you have three choices to boot. Kenny, Bob (who wins the jury easily and can win challenges), or Matty (the biggest challenge threat and a likable person with a good proposal story). Who do you boot? Do you give Bob or Matty a shot in the F4 challenge? Really, it's a symbolic gesture to the fallen Kota who will decide this game.

Edit: I don't know if Kenny wins or not, I tend to think he won't. I just don't think this decision changed anything in that realm. If he gets blindsided by Sugar, I bet it happens if he votes for Matty or not.