URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3887
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Corinne's (next to) final failure."

Posted by Estee on 12-05-08 at 10:17 AM
She so very badly wanted to be the show's all-time uber-beyotch. And she was so very bad at it.

So let's take a walk down the more potholed side of Memory Lane, list all the true bitches that have paraded their egos before us over the seasons -- including the males -- and then talk about why Corinne failed to live down to their examples. Because let's face it: she couldn't claw her way into any anti-decent Top Ten if you gave her ten extra fingernails.

One bitch per post, please. We want this to last.

Her final show failure will be when we all fall asleep during her boring jury statement.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Queen Stephanie of Guatemala"
Posted by vince3 on 12-05-08 at 10:34 AM
From America's Sweetheart to Queen Biatch in 7 episodes or less.

"Jerri Manthey"
Posted by Max Headroom on 12-05-08 at 10:47 AM
The obvious choice, and a much larger beyotch than Corinne could ever dream to be.

"Coby Archa"
Posted by Estee on 12-05-08 at 10:58 AM
Corinne couldn't bring herself to completely hate Bob at the end -- but Coby found a way to loathe Tom. Now that's talent.

"Heidi from Amazon"
Posted by mia rules18 on 12-05-08 at 11:34 AM
Some may not agree, however she really got under my skin...especially when she kept pointing out the differences between her young pretty allies and the other older not attractive women in the tribe.

"RE: Heidi from Amazon"
Posted by Estee on 12-05-08 at 11:42 AM
But we can't forget the most important thing about Heidi: she was the smartest person there..

Posted by mia rules18 on 12-05-08 at 11:55 AM
Ah yes, how could I forget...beauty and brains!!

Posted by Chez on 12-05-08 at 04:53 PM
It's interesting that nowadays Heidi is the "older woman" - at age 30 vs. her really hunky husband, Cole Hamel, age 24, World Series MVP pitcher of the Phillies.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 12-05-08 at 09:35 PM
Heidi's ##### looked like perfect round rocks! What an inviting sex goddess she was! ;P She and Jenna infuriated me!

Posted by Aruba on 12-06-08 at 08:09 AM
After the Amazon season and shortly after Heidi and Jenna posed together in Playboy magazine they appeared on Howard Stern's E! TV show.

On the show Heidi admitted her boobies are fake (no surprise there) and Jenna stated hers are real. A couple of DAWs if there ever were.

Posted by Aruba on 12-06-08 at 08:03 AM
Hi Estee,

I going purely from memory here so please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe at the Reunion Show Jeff stated only two players that season scored higher than Heidi on the IQ test they give the finalists. If my memory serves me correct that would make Heidi the third smartest for that season.

Do any other posters remember Jeff stating something along those lines? If this is correct would be curious if anyone remembers who those two "smarter" players were??? Thanks!

Posted by Chez on 12-11-08 at 03:05 PM
I'd make a guess one of them would be Dave the rocket scientist.

Posted by Aruba on 12-13-08 at 08:03 AM
That would be a good guess. Not that he showed any "smarts" in the game of Survivor, but I could see him scoring high on a test.

Geez, I can't believe I may have stumped the Posters here??? I thought for sure someone would have remembered that from the Amazon Reunion Show.

Posted by Aruba on 12-14-08 at 06:00 AM
HEY...whatever happened to that little game that was on these Boards which was setup like a trivia contest? I don't believe there was ever a question that went unanswered. Perhaps I just came up with the first one that stumped everyone???

Who were the two other castaways from the Amazon season Jeff stated on the Reunion Show scored higher than Heidi on some IQ test they give the Finalists?

Or maybe we ARE dwindling down to a precious few compliments of the "stellar" job of casting and producing in recent shows?

Oh well...I guess all good things DO come to an end.

"Katie Gallagher"
Posted by Brownroach on 12-05-08 at 12:34 PM
Corinne started to remind me of Katie a little bit. But Katie was meaner and pettier and more self-absorbed, I think -- at least from what we saw. (I didn't watch the recrap which apparently showed Corinne being nasty.)

"RE: Katie Gallagher"
Posted by Estee on 12-05-08 at 12:44 PM
which apparently showed Corinne being nasty

For no more than 41:59 of the episode. It's not as if they were trying to make a last-minute push on it or anything.

"Courtney Yates"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-05-08 at 02:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-08 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

... the skinny waif from Survivor China. She told us herself that she was the "biggest bitch on the planet."

And she lasted longer than Corinne did, despite doing less than anyone in the history of the game. Her bitchiness was what attracted Todd to keep her around as the perfect final jury goat. Corinne wasn't bitchy enough to be worth keeping around until the end.

"Soozin Hawk"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-05-08 at 02:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-08 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

Want proof of her bitchiness? Just replay the rat-and-snake speech, or replay her catfight with Kelly Wiglesworth during the F4 or F5 episode.

Nobody can top Soozin's rat-and-snake speech, so right there, Corinne can't top that. Also, Corinne's catfight with Sugar lasted only seconds on camera, while Soozin's lasted for minutes.

Score: Soozin 2, Corinne 0.

"Connie Lastings-Adams"
Posted by Estee on 12-05-08 at 02:16 PM
Unlike Corinne, actually followed through.

We'll leave Harriet to Zoidberg.

"I see your Connie..."
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-09-08 at 10:51 PM
...and raise you Danni Boatwright, All-Stars II edition. (Guatemala Danni was bitchy early on, even reminding me of Jerri lite, but she grew on me.)

I'm kind of curious if, say, Connie were on the jury, if Alex would have told Connie not to vote for her...or vice versa...

"Natalie from Micronesia"
Posted by citywitch on 12-05-08 at 06:27 PM
ok, for me Natalies' "I want to floss my teeth with his jugular" is still the high mark of nasty, but I have to say that Corinnes' constant "I hate everyone" "I'm stuck with these mutants" and "I hope everyone left has a miserable life" ranks right up there.

"RE: Natalie from Micronesia"
Posted by PsychoKitty on 12-05-08 at 09:38 PM
I don't think Corinne is a true bi### - just angry and jealous of everyone else. Not a true manipulative nasty person - just angry and judgemental. Certainly not happy!

"RE: Corinne's (next to) final failure."
Posted by toddE on 12-05-08 at 07:37 PM
This is a great list, Estee.

Coby...good call, Katie as well. And Stephanie...she even looked like a witch all made up for the finale of Guatemala.

I don't remember who Connie was, and I don't actually think Courtney was a b!tch at all. I actually liked her.

My addition: Linda from Africa. God, I hated her. Remember her fight with Lindsay?

But, really, just like Kelly Wiglesworth will forever be my favorite, Susan Hawk will always be the biggest B!ch, followed (but in a much better, kind of fun, not completely disgusting way) by Jerri Manthey. These Jenny-come-latelies can't compare.

Posted by Estee on 12-10-08 at 10:28 AM
I don't remember who Connie was

It's a long story.

http://tinyurl.com/6kyr3m

Posted by michel on 12-05-08 at 10:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-08 AT 10:51 PM (EST)

There's one b*tch that hasn't been named because I'm not sure many realized what a b*tch she really was:
Scout in Vanuatu.

From the start, Scout realized she had 1 chance and 1 chance only: Create dissension in camp. In a smooth camp, she'd be first voted out as the weakest link. In a torn camp, she just had to be a needed vote.

Despite her early confessional of wanting to play nice until she had to start lying and playing dirty, she went to work right away, forcing people to choose sides during the walk to camp. When she saw how polarizing Twila was, she clung to her, inciting Twila to speak out. Twila acted as Scout's mouth-piece without even realizing it. That was Scout's best move.

Her biggest move was with Lisa: She cared so little for Lisa that she didn't put her on any team. Remember, they thought that Jeff would say it meant Lisa was eliminated. When Lisa chose to stay in Yasur even if Ami and Leann didn't trust her, Scout became her best friend. She made sure that Lisa and Ami would fight.

Scout also got her biggest enemy, Eliza, to question whether they should keep the men, trying to create a wedge between Eliza and her protector, Ami. Scout worked against her alliance at every chance she had.

Her actions culminated after the merge when Ami and Leann finally made peace with Julie, something that went directly against Scout's plan. She helped paranoia grow in the women's rank and then she worked on Twila's insecurities.

People see Ami as the queen b*tch of Vanuatu but that was editing. Ami mainly wanted to get her alliance to the end. Scout was the real b*tch, a passive-aggressive one who said she wanted harmony in camp but did her best to create wars.

Posted by Aruba on 12-06-08 at 07:54 AM
Good post and great insight on Scout.

Many tend to misinterpret male-basher for b!tch. They are not the same. With respect to those who love to play the "edit" card as frequently as Phil Hellmuth plays pocket aces at a Texas Hold'em Tournament, Ami is a male-basher and editing had nothing to do with that. Yes she tried to perform some damage control to her image in Fans vs. Favs, but I wasn't swayed. Although I never really thought of Ami as a real B!tch.

I guess you could call Scout an "equal opportunity" b!tch. LOL Knowing she was totally inept in challenges her strategy was to start forest fires wherever and whenever she could. You wonder if that was really necessary because when inept, weak castaways like Scout can get past the first 7-10 days they are almost guaranteed a golden ticket to the F4, i.e., Vecepia - Marquese, Jan - Thailand, Sandra - Pearl Islands, Katie - Palau, Lydia - Guatemala, Cirie - Exile Island, Sundra - Cook Islands, Courtney & Denise - China, and dare I say possibly Susie this season. I'm sure I missed a few others.

Posted by michel on 12-06-08 at 11:31 AM
"when inept, weak castaways like Scout can get past the first 7-10 days they are almost guaranteed a golden ticket to the F4, i.e., Vecepia - Marquese, Jan - Thailand, Sandra - Pearl Islands, Katie - Palau, Lydia - Guatemala, Cirie - Exile Island, Sundra - Cook Islands, Courtney & Denise - China, and dare I say possibly Susie this season."

But, that is the beauty of Survivor. Strong guys (unless they act like JP in the Cooks or don't think ahead like Marcus) have a golden ticket to the merge while the weaker players have to make the merge. Each have to play their cards right to win the game. The game isn't about winning challenges, it's about creating alliances. If strong guys are so dumb that they eliminate themselves or each other, then they don't deserve to win.

For most of the players on your list, I see where their OWN gameplay earned them a ticket to the merge compared to players like Paloma, Leslie and Brianna.

Posted by Aruba on 12-06-08 at 11:44 AM
Who's Leslie???...I honestly forgot?

Posted by michel on 12-06-08 at 02:44 PM
China's 3rd boot: "I made great friends in Zhan Hu. They are nice."

Posted by Aruba on 12-06-08 at 04:08 PM
OK...now I remember. But she doesn't count because "God" said it was her time to go...and even Survivor must answer to a higher authority! LOL

Posted by frisky on 12-06-08 at 07:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-08 AT 07:54 PM (EST)

One word (and no, I'm not confusing "bitch" with "villain" here):

Lex.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.
Edited to fix my bitch.

Posted by ADKer on 12-06-08 at 10:10 PM
I absolutely agree with you about Lex in Survivor AllStars. Although Corinne's confessionals reminded me of the confessionals that Lex gave in Africa, I believe that Lex was not as insulting to the other players but just emphatic about how he was more or less going to rip their heads off in order to win. Lex definitely degenerated to bitchy in AllStars though.

Posted by frisky on 12-06-08 at 11:05 PM
Oh, yeah, I meant All Stars. Sorry, All Stars completed wiped out any good memories of the not-so-bad-villain in Africa. In AS, he had a huge sense of entitlement.

I guess in that sense, He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named was also rather bitchy in the Pearl Islands and again when his tribe tried to explain the idiocy of building a shelter below frickin' sea-level -- mere feet from the sea.

Someone else who comes to mind is Tami in the Marquesas. I remember her congratulating all her boots-to-be for at least making the merge, and also laughing her way through the Coconut Chop Challenge of Doom (that led to her demise).

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

Posted by michel on 12-07-08 at 03:00 AM
Lex's gut was pretty bitchy in Africa!

Posted by Thaibeach on 12-10-08 at 07:39 AM
I don't see Lex as a b*tch as much as an arrogant (when his alliance is up), whiny (when his alliance is down) baby. I HATED his persona and "strategy" in AllStars - trusting Robfather to keep his word? Are you freaking kidding? Shut up, Lex.

Posted by ohmyheck on 12-07-08 at 02:16 AM
Lindsey from Africa.

'These old people should all just go home because they're not young and strong like us young and strong people. I'm the strongest person I know. I'm going to win this game because I'm young and strong and the strongest person I know!'

She went home far later than she should have.

Posted by garcor on 12-13-08 at 08:38 AM
Joel. I know he didn't look it but.

"Corinne."
Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 12-15-08 at 07:50 AM
At the last minute Corinne pulls away from the pack of hyenas.

Corinne you are a complete waste of DNA.
You are The Biggest Beyotch.
Now go away!

Into the magna tribe by phyl

"RE: Corinne."
Posted by Snidget on 12-15-08 at 08:05 AM
Yep. I know some of the spoiling with editing and character development often look at who is there for the experience vs who is there to play the game and win.

She was definitely there just to have video evidence of her nastiness. I mean I know people sometimes sign up just to be on TV, but it is so much more entertaining when someone like Randy just lets the bitter speak for itself. Her self-promotion of her venom is just plain annoying. Like we are all way too stupid to notice her black bitter soul without her having to point it out to us.

I'm so happy the editors didn't give her all the airtime for the nasty she wanted. Like it isn't real unless you have the video tape to show everyone.

Posted by mia rules18 on 12-15-08 at 10:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-08 AT 10:56 AM (EST)

Yes, thanks Corinne... I had no idea that you had to be nasty/mean to have a "good personality"

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 12-15-08 at 04:03 PM
Heck, to hear her talk I'm so nice that I have no personality AT ALL.

Wow, no wonder I can't get on this show. LOL!!!

Posted by PagongRatEater on 12-15-08 at 11:15 AM
I agree. Her comments on Sugar's dad were so over the line they just shouldn't have been aired, except to display what a mean, classless, stupid and evil person she is. Congratulations to Corinne. She isn't the best survivor ##### ever, but she is the worst human being to actually be on the show.

Corinne, I have some news for you. Being mean IS easy, it is much more difficult to be a nice person in this world. Indulging yourself and saying whatever on your own mind is the simplest thing ever, but showing consideration for others is much harder. It is niether easy nor boring to be nice. It's actually pretty darn hard. You really ought to try it.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

"Demonstration."
Posted by Estee on 12-15-08 at 12:32 PM
I will now show everyone the absolute worst possible thing we could ever do to Corinne. Not verbal abuse, as fun as that would be. Not physical pounding, and that might release enough stress to become a licensed therapy tool. One simple thing that you can do every day.

*turns away*

It's as simple as that. She wants cheers for her hatred. She needs the boos to acknowledge how powerful that hate is. But being ignored? That, more than anything else, will hurt her.

If you see her, walk away.

Twenty million turned backs is a very powerful message.

"RE: Demonstration."
Posted by Snidget on 12-15-08 at 12:52 PM
Yep, people wonder what happened to Randy to make him so bitter. I feel a bit sorry for Corinne. To think the only thing that means you have a personality or deserves praise and attention is the ability to destroy other people. What kinda home life must she have had as a kid. Was she raised by a pack of Mean Girls?

Posted by warp_core breach on 12-15-08 at 01:56 PM
I had not tuned into this season of Survivor. I did see, however, both Randy's and Corinne's boot-off speech while waiting for CSI to start. I remember thinking it might not have been such a boring season after all. Last night, I tuned into the finale because there wasn't anything else to watch. I tuned right into the part where Kenny got booted and watched the rest of it. What I saw last night has prompted me to say something here.

There are only 2 mutants in this Survivor and they are Randy and Corinne.

Randy, I know how you hated it when Susie said she felt sorry for you. A lot of people hate being felt sorry for... but seriously, how can I not feel sorry for you? You are a sad, bitter, angry, pathetic human being. You have no friends, no family (I guess)... your best friend is a dog who, at 15 years of age, isn't long for this world. It saddens me to think what will become of you when that dog dies. Someone like Randy, I can see going postal. He must hate his job, surrounded by all that happiness. He sat there at the reunion and didn't crack a smile.

Ah, Corinne. All I can say is, wow. I don't hate Corinne... I feel really sorry for her. She has serious psychological issues. She is pathetic, with a serious case of low self esteem and just unhappy. Anyone, who claims to need to be hated in order to define herself is pathetic. And the worst part for her is that she comes off as looking so obvious at trying to be the super, uber-beyotch of all time... especially, when you say to Jiffy that you would have liked to have been portrayed as more nastier. I don't care who you are, everyone, wants to be liked and accepted. She is so focused on creating this image of herself that she doesn't care what she says and how classless it is. I can see her sitting in her room and practicing and memorizing what she would say to Susie and, in particular, Sugar. Because she has this obsession with how to label herself, it never crossed her mind that saying what she said to Sugar was inappropriate... just that it would get a reaction. She could have said what wanted to say in many mean and nasty ways without saying what she said about Sugar's father. I would really like to know what happened in her life to make her the sad individual that she is today.

A Tribe-ulous Holiday Creation