URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3886
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S17 Gufu Award: Week 10"

Posted by dabo on 12-05-08 at 00:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-08 AT 00:50 AM (EST)

Gimme a P, gimme a A, gimme a G, gimme a ONG!

And so it goes. The Pagonging tradition continues.

New and Improved, About Gufu!

The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor. Each week you have a designated number of votes you may award for Contestant Gufus! Should you notice any gufus of dangdumbness for noncontestant stuff, these are Production Gufus, a separate category with its very own designated number of votes you may award. Should you wish to exceed your designated votes, these are Honorary Gufus.

So, this week you have two (2) Contestant votes and two (2) Production votes. I'll start!

Production #1: Be prepared for another trivia question lawsuit, fact-checker dumdums. Snakes aren't poisonous. Some snakes are venemous, that's an entirely different boogie.

Production #2: Tossing balls for immunity points, when I was a kid we called this marbles.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S17 Gufu Award: Week 10"
Posted by Dakota on 12-07-08 at 05:00 PM
I see I'm not the only one who's been thinking "Survivor? Is that still on?" I do have to catch the episode again on On Demand before I can GUFU. These daws are simply not inspiring me this season. Although Matty's proposal was sweet.

Tribe's Creativity Overflowing

Posted by Dakota on 12-08-08 at 01:57 AM

1. Crystal says this is her best chance to get rid of Matty. Maybe her only chance to get rid of Matty. Corinne and Bob say they don't want to play the HII. So Crystal votes for Corinne instead of Matty. Now Matty is still there AND knows someone in his alliance voted for him.

2. Sugar for doing everything she can to make sure she won't get a vote from the jury even if she makes it to F2. Sugar in her cocky little manner talks about people getting paranoid and believing lies. HELLOOOOOOO, Sugar? Remember Ace? Pfffffft

Production:
1. Give the reward winners showers. Especially if they're going to be with a family member.
2. Anti-GUFU. Kudos for giving all family members a chance to hug and talk and stuff.

Not a GUFU, but I have to wonder if Matty will get cleaned up, fill his tummy, get home and say to himself 'what the heck did I do that for?' We know the psychological toll Survivor takes on people and I wonder if his proposal will be pulled from the table once he's home. His girlfriend is pretty - cute couple. Best of luck to them.

Tribe's Creativity Overflowing

Posted by dabo on 12-11-08 at 10:48 AM
Agree. The surprise visit by all the loved ones really worked well with the overly emotional theme of this season. Curious maybe? I wonder what would have happened if Randy was still in the game and had no loved one to show up except his dog's ashes, would he have spilled them into the water to be washed out into the Atlantic?

Contestant #1: Ken. Surprised no one has mentioned this; way to lose control of the game by buying into Bob's scheme and then overplaying it and leaving Matty in the game anyway.

Contestant #2: Matty. Deciding to grow up and all, very good, proud of you; but that was the sloppiest most co-dependant over the top not even Lifetime would try to sell it marriage proposal ever.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-09-08 at 11:06 PM
Gufu #1: Bob. The definition of arrogance is to do the same thing over and over and expect people not to catch on.

Gufu #2: Ken. Just vote for Corinne and get it over with. You know you want to.

Production: Did anyone really believe that the loved ones weren't there?

Also: There's been a serious lack of post-merge Exilage. OK, so Sugar's going to take the idol with her to F4. This is as predictable as Terry carrying the idol to the end.

Zoidberg gufu: Zoidberg fails to notice when his wife changes her hair but openly notices when Sugar changes hers.

Posted by Dakota on 12-10-08 at 10:16 AM
>Zoidberg gufu: Zoidberg fails to notice
>when his wife changes her
>hair but openly notices when
>Sugar changes hers.

Seriously, do you need a place to stay? Maybe put up a "looking for room to rent" sign over on OT.

Arkie does it artistically