URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3882
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 15.8"

Posted by ARnutz on 11-16-09 at 09:51 AM
On this episode, teams had to take a ferry to Tallinn, Estonia, which only runs once a day and made them wait up to 12 hours at the port in order to be bunched up on the thing after 5 pm, even though they left the pit stop in the wee hours of the morning.

Once in Tallinn, they had to find the secret lair of the blackheads. No, it wasn't a bunch of pimply faced teenagers, it was a group of merchants. It was in the lair that they had the roadblock - to find a candle-a-bra with a marked room number. Once they found the room they were given a secret message. They could view the message with the light and heat from the candle-a-bra. Before doing that task, Gary and Matt had to take a 5 minute sauna.

Once they were done, they had to get themselves to Pikk Hermann Tower for the next clue. That clue sent them to the detour - serve - play mud volleyball with local teams - or - sling - shoot vegetables at a moose target until a table of cabbage collapses.

Good job on the lists last week. It's nice to see so many participate. Don't forget to check out last week's rankings , from our fabulous stat guy, kidflash.

On to the list!

Rank. Names (last week's rank)

1. Meghan/Cheyne (3) - First by default. They are just sticking to their own race. Still no drama. Still coming in first. *yawn*

2. Herbert/Nathaniel (1) - I don't think we saw the entire incident at the bog. How could Dan have thrown an elbow when Big was nowhere near him? What we did see was Flight slipping and taking Sam out with him. That's all. ...and the incident with the cab? From what I saw, that cab pulled up while the other cabbie was still making the phone call and Sam/Dan were still talking to him. Still, these two guys are mostly having fun and I love their spirit.

3. Sam/Dan (4) - Dan is very hard to take. He may just be more shrew like than Ericka. Sam I like.

4. Brian/Ericka (5) - Ericka like to play dirty, except when it involves actual dirt. Did you hear her shriek when the cabbage fell? Oh my ears.

Philiminated: Gary/Matt (2) - I think they are my favorite parent/ child team of all time. They worked so well together, never had tantrums with each other, always kept cool heads during tasks and never gave up. I will miss them.

PSA: Please don't feed the trolls. It makes things all messy around here. Thanks.

Awesome sig courtesy of that fabulous syren ©2008

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 15.8"
Posted by Max Headroom on 11-16-09 at 10:46 AM

1. Flight Time/Big Easy (1) - After last night I'm not feeling it quite as much for these two, but I still enjoy watching them and think they're funny most of the time.

2. Meghan/Cheyne (3) - Meghan seemed a little less tightly wound this episode, plus they get credit for running another strong leg. Teams without drama can still be fun to watch, especially ones who are consistently good racers.

Meh
3. Brian/Ericka (4) - As long as they don't show Ericka kvetching about everything or harping on Brian for some imaginary slight, these two are tolerable to watch. Still, it would be a shame if such a mediocre team ends up winning it all.

Don't like
4. Sam/Dan (5) - For the second straight week: DAN! Please shut up.

Philiminated
Gary/Matt (2) - Even though their departure was preordained after their rough previous leg, I was still hoping they'd find a way to stay in the race. I didn't think much of them when the race started, but they grew on me and I'll miss watching them.

another nifty agman creation

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-16-09 at 12:54 PM
1)Sam & Dan - They are the only team with much passion. And, of course, Sam is on the team.

2)Meghan & Cheyne - I might like them more if they just had some personality.

3)Brian & Ericka - It seems like every season a mediocre team somehow sneaks into the final three (i.e. Dandrew, Terri & Ian, Lyn & Karlin, etc.). I think they get that role this year.

4)Nathaniel & Herbert - Threatening another team? Because of an incident your partner caused? These two have no class.

Posted by dabo on 11-16-09 at 01:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-09 AT 00:24 AM (EST)

Philiminated: Gary & Matt. Would be number one this week were they still in it, they just had a great adventure! And yeah, Matt, that hot blonde at the hot tub, very potential future Mrs. Matt.

1. Brian & Ericka. Nothing annoying this week, they worked well together this time, and made the best of their chances.

2. Meghan & Cheyne. Well at least we know Meghan wears the pants in their relationship.

3.5 (tie) Sam & Dan, Flight Time & Big Easy. Good racing teams but they need to focus on their own games, aiming at each other at this point is just silly. And distracting..

x10.0: Production. Mud volleyball was amusing but it ranks up there with unrolling haybails as a really pure chance good luck challenge.

Posted by emydi on 11-16-09 at 02:06 PM
1. Meghan/Cheyne(5)(3)(4)(3)(5)(4)(5)-they jump to first bc they ran a good leg and Meghan kicked butt in mud vball

2. Brian/Ericka (8)(7)(5)(6)(6)(5)(3) they did well this time and Ericka was bearable and they weren't the other 2

3. Flight Time/Big Easy (3)(1))(2)(2)(2)(1)(2)- enough already they did lose a foot race to the mat like I said they would...I thought it was for the final spot who cares about 2 and 3

4. Sam/Dan-(2)(5)(3)(4)(3)(3)(4)-again enough already...why do they care so much about beating HGT? meh Next week they steal a cab

Philiminated

Gary/Matt (1)(4)(1)(1)(1)(2)(1)-They're one of my faves of all seasons. I loved Gary in the Sona! At the end I had a little tear in my eye when Gary was crying about accepting Matt, etc. Good guys.

Posted by BlueIris on 11-16-09 at 02:13 PM
1. Meghan & Cheyne (4) - Realized their mistakes and have moved on to good racing.

2. Flight Time & Big Easy (1) - They are still having fun. Getting caught up in drama with Sam & Dan isn't smart.

3. Sam & Dan (3) - They shouldn't let the Globtetrotters distract them.

4. Brian & Ericka (5) - I wish they had tried volleyball. I'm sure that would have been good for a few laughs.

Philiminated: Gary & Matt (2) - I'll miss them.

Posted by shimane22 on 11-16-09 at 02:36 PM
1. Brian/Ericka - Marginally less boring than the others...
2. Meghan/Cheyne - Boring.
3. Flight Time/Big Easy - Boring and in love with themselves.
4. Sam/Dan - Bitchy and in love with themselves.

Posted by Joools on 11-16-09 at 05:02 PM
1. Flight Time & Big Easy - The bloom is off the rose a bit for them, but they're still my favorite of the remaining teams. I got a bit confused on what really happened during the footrace with the brothers, but I just don't see them as being intentionally mean or vindictive.

2. Meghan & Cheyne - They're good racers, they have really good teamwork and they've pretty much already claimed a spot in the final three, but they're as dull as a mayonnaise sandwich on Wonder bread.

3. (tie) Brian & Ericka/Sam & Dan - I'd love to see Brian and Sam on one team and Dan and Ericka on another so that I can fully like one team and fully dislike the other. If either of these teams beat the Trotters to the final three, I will be severely disappointed.

Philiminated: Gary & Matt - Unfortunate but not unexpected. The time deficit (they left the Pit Stop four hours after the first team) was voided by the wait for the ferry, but their lack of any sense of direction did them in again. They're a great team, though, and you just know they're going to hold the floor at Thanksgiving dinner this year with all the stories I'm sure they have.

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 11-16-09 at 05:31 PM
1. Meghan/Cheyne(3) - They kept focused and ran a good race this week, but I agree with the mayo on Wonder Bread assessment. Boring.

2. Herbert/Nathaniel(1) - Dropped to 2 for the footrace to and the drama at the mat. At that point in the race, there is no difference between 2nd and 3rd so why stir up the fuss.

3. Sam/Dan(4) - Got to give them credit for being good racers, but can't stand the drama. Sam and Brian would have been a great team and Erica and Dan would have been hilarious!

4. Brian/Ericka(5) - I really wanted to see Erica in that mud.

Philiminated: Gary/Matt(2) - Sorry to se them go. They were my biggest reason for continuing to watch this season.

Into the magna tribe by phyl

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-16-09 at 06:46 PM
Hmmm...

1) The Gnometrotters (Flight Time and Big Easy) - OK, so the incident was a bit much. It was also probably overblown. And Flight Time's still effing hilarious.

2) The Banana Slugs (Brian and Ericka) - OK, so part of me wanted to see them do volleyball just 'cuz of what Ericka said she had on underneath, even if the blur would have been in full force. That and these two remind me of myself and my wife. That and Ericka's more of a trooper than people give her credit for.

3) Team Dishwater (Meghan and Cheyne) - It's like watching Bill Belichick win another damn game. Nothing exciting. Someone please beat them. (Sadly, the team that fits most, given the Belichick comparison, is Brian and Ericka, the 2007 Giants of this outfit.)

4) The Brothers Grimm (Sam and Dan) - The ugly underwear was another sight I didn't need. Neither is their self-entitled attitude. And from the previews next week, they're staying put.

5,278) Worldrace - I didn't buy a $1,000 sexy new TV to watch TAR in standard def. What the hell?

Philiminated) Pinky and the Brain (Gary and Matt) - As a going away present, I give theee a Saunabuss pass and two candle-a-bras.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-16-09 at 08:31 PM
Here are my rankings:

1. Megan & Cheyne -- you really did well this leg! You worked well together. Bravo!
2. Brian & Ericka -- here more or less by default. I like them but I don't really love them.
3. Flight Time & Big Easy -- you really don't like Sam & Dan, huh? Still, I don't think Dan meant to elbow you.
4. Sam & Dan -- I understand why you're scared of Flight Time & Big Easy, but try not to focus too much on them, okay?

Philiminated: Gary & Matt. You fell behind and the little mistakes just kept piling up. Too bad.

Posted by beau_30 on 11-16-09 at 08:44 PM
Lvoe List again. Haven't missed a lvoe list since Season 7. Thats a lot of post.

1) Herbet/Nate - Getting along well.
2) Megan/Cheyenne - Still boring, but racing well.

Unsure:
Sam/Dan - Can't put them last, can't put them 1st, so in the middle.
Brian/Ericka - Ericka is starting to be a little better.

Philiminated:
Gary/Matt if they were here, they would be number one.

Posted by KwietOne on 11-17-09 at 01:57 AM
#1 Meghan/Cheyne - here by default

#2 Brian/Ericka - here by default

#3 Sam/Dan

#4 Herbert/Nathaniel

{Keep hope alive}

Posted by Seana on 11-17-09 at 04:01 PM
1. Meghan and Cheyne (6,4,4,3,3,2): Well, there you are. They finally made it to number one.

2. Flight Time and Big Easy (1,1,1,1,1,1): I still find them entertaining, but they have to drop a bit for the drama.

3. Sam and Dan (4,3,3,4,4,3): I don't like drama.

4. Brian and Ericka (5,6,6,5,5,5): Another not-horrible week, but they're still not my favourites.

Philiminated: 2. Gary and Matt (3,2,2,2,2,2) Again, not as competitive as they could have been, but I liked them. I'll miss them.

Posted by MaryKat on 11-17-09 at 05:52 PM
1. Sam and Dan
2. Brian and Erika
3. Meghan and Cheyne
4. Nathaniel and Herbert

Posted by zorayah on 11-18-09 at 05:34 AM
1.Meghan/Cheyne - strong focused racers. still boring
2.Herbert/Nathaniel - they are spicing it up. still a fun team to watch
3.Sam/Dan - getting competitive good for them
4.Brian/Ericka - meh

Philiminated: Gary/Matt - sorry to see them go

Posted by fleaismycat on 11-18-09 at 01:06 PM
This is kind of a bad week. My favourites behaved badly at the end.

1. Meghan and Cheyne: For winning and keeping their cool. Boring is as boring does though. These two need some humour.

2. Flighttime and Big Easy. I still like them but the macho BS at the end of the episode was definately a downer.

3. Dan and Sam: I like Sam better than Dan. More Sam, less Dan and these two might make it to the top of my list.

4. Brian and Erika: If it was just Brian he might have been first this week with me. But Erika.. too much princess, too often. I wish she would have had to have gotten in the mud.

Matt and Gary Would have been number one this week if they hadn't been kicked out. I liked them alot. they seem like nice people. The Sauna (Sawna!) scene was funny.

I will miss Matt and Gary like I miss Zev and Justin.

Posted by featherfish81 on 11-18-09 at 11:45 PM
No big changes this week.

Overall, I like these teams and there isn't a huge gap between them.
1. Sam/Dan (2)- Need to start focusing on their own race and not on the Globetrotters.
2. Flight Time/Big Easy (3)- Overall fine, but take a deep breath on the "pushing" incident. Do you really think they wouldn't be penalized if they had actually thrown an elbow?
3. Meghan/Cheyne (4)- Doing well, and rocked the volleyball task.

-Gap-

4. Brian/Erika (5)- Again, nothing terrible this week, but nothing to lift them up either.

Eliminated

Matt/Gary (1)- Too bad, I liked them. I didn't think the speed bump took that long, but I guess they must have been really stuck on the roadblock.

Posted by sittem on 11-19-09 at 02:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-09 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

1. Herbert/Nathaniel - always look forward to watching these guys even with the drama
2. Brian/Ericka - would have been more entertaining in the mud
3. Sam/Dan - focus on the finish line and not the competition!
4. The blur - fairly entertaining
5. Meghan/Cheyne - maybe blurring them would help make them more interesting

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 11-19-09 at 03:30 PM
1. Sam & Dan - So, kidflash, guess who approved my Friend Request on Facebook so I can see all of his photos and all that good stuff?! It's only a matter of time before he's changing that Relationship Status icon. Don't worry, Matt is somewhere on a Saunabus waiting for you.

2. Meghan & Cheyne - They may be boring, but they are clever about forming mini-alliances. They seem to realize that it doesn't matter if you come in first (until the final leg) just as long as you don't come in last.

3. Brian & Ericka - It might be fun to have a beer with Brian, but Ericka continued to be just about as much fun as she has been all season (none at all). I do like the suggestion of putting her on a team with Dan though. The next All Stars cannot be that far away!

4. Fright Time & Big Sleazy - It must be frustrating for them to make a career out of appearing in games that are rigged for them to win and then enter a Race in which the other teams actually compete against them. Big Crybaby indeed!

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-19-09 at 04:10 PM
Crossed that bridge shortly before Halloween. Do you prefer Matt with a green or red bow?

Posted by Scuba Steve on 11-21-09 at 11:39 PM
1. Meghan/Cheyne - Begruddingly, I'm putting them in first. They're good racers, but other than that, I don't like them.
2. Flight Time/Big Easy - I don't buy the comment about the "elbow." They're still a fun team to watch.
3. Sam/Dan
4. Brian/Ericka - Why did they have to make it instead of Gary & Matt?

Philiminated: Gary/Matt - One of the best Parent/Child teams in TAR history.

Posted by Starshine on 11-22-09 at 03:41 AM
1. Meghan and Cheyne - Dull, but racing well

2. Brian and Ericka - Again no drama, I haven't seen Ericka go over the top for a while, I don't lvoe them however if they won it wouldn't be a Freddie and ****** moment

3. Sam and Dan - They didn't seem to start the drama, and the blurs didn't actually hide anything so why were they there?

4. Flight time and Big baby - Flight Time seems OK, his team mate seems to have a bit of a sense of entitlement.

Gary and Matt - I will miss you, you needed another team to muck up (and I was remembering Treasure Hunters where they spent hours not working out that they had to heat their clue) however it was a very short leg.

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

Posted by warp_core breach on 11-22-09 at 12:09 PM
1. Meghan & Cheyne
2. Herbert & Nathaniel
3. Brian & Erica
4. Sam & Dan

A Gift from Agman

"Week Eight Results!!"
Posted by kidflash212 on 11-22-09 at 08:12 PM

Lvoe List Results- Week Eight!

My True Lvoe

For the first time this season, a female Racer shows up on top of the lvoe lists. Meghan & Cheyne take the prize receiving 12 out of 23 first place votes. Too much drama leaves Sam & Dan and Nathaniel & Herbert in a close race for second. The Globetrotters grab second by 0.479.

Town Without Pity

Brian & Ericka are the only team left who have never won a leg and they are the team that wins the least lvoe. In last place again with 10 last place votes out of 23.

­
Rank
Team
First Place Votes Last Place Votes
AverageRank
Direction
Meghan & Cheyne
Nathaniel
& Herbert
Sam & Dan
Brian & Ericka