URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3882
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The troll poll"

Posted by Estee on 11-21-08 at 10:15 AM
Let's say you've been asked to kill a troll. A very loud, very annoying troll that has mental breakdowns in the presence of chocolate. Do you deal with the troll by:

A. Getting a bunch of non-friends together and surrounding the troll before giving it The Death Of One Thousand And Five Paper Cuts.

B. Hiding it somewhere secure and handing it a supply of lipstick. Forget about killing the troll: there's a beauty contest coming up in nine days and how good are you going to look when you're next to a lipstick-covered troll?

C. Giving the troll a false magic item while convincing it that the geegaw will protect it from all harm and destroy its enemies, then watch it walk into the ambush that holds the numbers necessary to kill the troll anyway?

D. (Insert your own option here)

Note that trolls regenerate and will be back in nine days to wreak its extremely impotent revenge.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The troll poll"
Posted by agman on 11-21-08 at 10:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-08 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

]

wreak its extremely
>impotent revenge.

This is a hard issue to address. I hope OT can come up with something!

Posted by brvnkrz on 11-21-08 at 10:22 AM
C. Best tribal ever.

Arkie did me.

Posted by samboohoo on 11-21-08 at 10:22 AM
I think they should have saved their cookies for it.

Tis the season.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-21-08 at 10:27 AM
Ha! How funny would that have been if they'd all been able to pull out their cookies and start eating at tribal

C. There is no better way to kill a troll. Even if they do come back to life. Even regenerated they still have to choose someone they hate, because trolls hate everyone, even themselves. They should be pitied and we should tell them how sorry we feel for them.

Christmas at Agbeach 2008

Posted by HobbsofMI on 11-21-08 at 10:49 AM
Tribbles? Oh....never mind.....rock, paper, scissors, Spock!

GO WINGS! 2008 and 2009 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig and bouncy by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Posted by newsomewayne on 11-21-08 at 11:17 AM
You forgot lizard.

"True Dat"
Posted by foonermints on 11-21-08 at 12:19 PM

"RE: True Dat"
Posted by qwertypie on 11-24-08 at 09:46 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-08 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

so how does the dynamite gambit work in this one?

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 11-21-08 at 10:32 AM
D. Force the troll to toss his cookies.

Posted by maroonclowns mom on 11-21-08 at 10:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-08 AT 12:03 PM (EST)

Sic Tummy`s elves of doom on the troll. That`ll kill it.

Syren

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-21-08 at 11:45 AM
They'd just examine his orifices with their pointed peppermint sticks because that's what Elves of Doom do.

Christmas at Agbeach 2008

Posted by maroonclowns mom on 11-21-08 at 12:05 PM

Not if you`re a troll. Elves don`t like trolls.

Syren

"The Art Troll Killing! "
Posted by kingfish on 11-21-08 at 12:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-08 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

The Art of Killing a Troll!

There is an art to Troll killing. Or at least there should be.

Stir, stir, stir, (giggle, giggle).

Double Bubble, Toil and Trouble.

First, get a pinch of Sugar. Then, well, pinch Sugar again. It is essential that Sugar reach a giggling climax during the final Troll Killing Ceremony (TC), for a pinch of Sugar, aided by the guile of a wily Wizard, is essential when one intends to kill a Troll.

Offer the spirits a cookie, and have it ceremonially refused. Follow this with a second offering, this time to be accepted and stomped into the ground. It is essential that this be done with vehement cursing, anger, and vindictiveness.

Pour in three beers and a jar of peanuts. The Troll will chew the peanuts with an open maw, and dregs will fall from the corners of the diseased opening.

Then let the old Wizard conjure up a self-immolation amulet and cast a spell of self-deception on the Troll. Fortunately, Trolls are very susceptible to self-deception.

Add another pinch of Sugar.

Then, take the Wizards purse and send him to Exile. He may only return when the phantom of the Immunity Necklace crooks its boney finger.

Begin the final ceremony. Arrange the Troll hunters in two banks near the immolation pot. And pinch Sugar again.

One by one, in the natural order, the hunters shall add symbols of banishment to parched Parchment scraps while shouting out vile expletives.

Pinch sugar again. It is essential for Sugar to have the Mystic Giggling Shits and Fits throughout the course of the ceremony.

Probe the Troll with the Probst stick. Poke him once, poke him once again, and keep poking him until vile goo spews forth from its mouth.

Fuel the fires of discontent with the wizard’s amulet. Take it from the Troll and offer it to the Gods of the flame. Thus shall we shatter the Troll's confidence, and maketh him to understand, at last, the full meaning of ‘Kiss My Ass' defeat, and learn the abysmal truth of his ignominious defeat. It is too late for him to repent, his fate is sealed, his torch is snuffed.

Although the Troll will have a savage and frightful countenance, be not afraid, for the stake is in his heart, and he is left with only a jurist's power.

Throw in another pinch of Sugar.

Watch as the Demon Troll is sucked into the swirling eddy of Loser Lodge Jurydom, joining the previously Damned legion of two.

Finally, conclude the Troll banishing with giggling fits of little girl laughter, for the Troll is dead, the Troll is dead, long live the Troll killers. Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah!

Then, Follow the, Follow the, Follow the, Follow the, Follow the yellow dirt road………

Next week we’re going to off the wizard, the wonderful wizard of NoBag…..

"RE: The Art Troll Killing! "
Posted by Estee on 11-21-08 at 12:15 PM
So much for the hopes and dreams of whoever had the summary.

And stop pinching Sugar already!

"RE: The Art of Troll Killing! "
Posted by kingfish on 11-24-08 at 08:56 AM
Spanky did OK. I'm sure he considers this to be like a trailer for his Summary, and that it served to warm up the audience and attract them to his piece.

A literary fluffer, as it were.

Posted by mysticwolf on 11-21-08 at 03:50 PM
It is essential for Sugar to have the Mystic Giggling Shits and Fits throughout the course of the ceremony.

Hey! I do *not* have giggling... Well, nevermind... Last night I did.

Best. TC. Ever.

Together thanks to Glow

Posted by kingfish on 11-24-08 at 08:59 AM
'Mystic' seemed to fit there, but it was a shout out too.

Posted by vince3 on 11-22-08 at 03:19 AM
You forgot the spaghetti, garlic bread and wine.........

Posted by KeithFan on 11-21-08 at 12:48 PM
Hey!

I'm not named after the grumpiest Survivor ever anymore!

Posted by Estee on 11-21-08 at 12:50 PM
Nice to meet you, RandyFan.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-21-08 at 12:51 PM
Kingfish forgot a key element-- you need to use a crystal horn of doom during the ceremony.

Another catchy agman siggie

Posted by kingfish on 11-24-08 at 09:00 AM
I wish I had thought of that.

Posted by LibraRising on 11-24-08 at 01:26 PM
There was never a FrankFan!

Yeah, Frank. Telephone line repairman dude from the third installment. He got along only with the elephants. Yeah, I don't really remember him either.

"The killing of the troll"
Posted by moonbaby on 11-21-08 at 01:05 PM
following extra trollish activity is fairly satisfying.

Yet I feel sorta bad for the troll, it being so busy with trollishness to not notice its impending doom-but I don't feel bad enough to give it a cookie.

I *heart* Bob. Bee oh bee.

"RE: The killing of the troll"
Posted by Spanky68 on 11-21-08 at 01:58 PM
Funny you mention that. I asked myself the same question a few minutes before Suzie's comments at tribal.

And since I am plugging this all over RTVW today, here it is: http://tinyurl.com/59lvk5

Moonbaby tricked out my siggie

Posted by KwietOne on 11-22-08 at 02:16 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-08 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

D.

Posted by cahaya on 11-22-08 at 02:35 AM
Let's say you've been asked to kill a troll.

What a pest! Those dang trolls constantly regenerate, and they're difficult to take out with their having something like 6d+3 HP's (as I vaguely recall from the GM days - or daze). Only a party can take one out, preferably along with an MU tossing a level x d6 fireball to fry one for good.

"Thread moved here from OT"
Posted by IceCat on 11-24-08 at 11:52 AM