URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38745
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Stratolaunch"

Posted by cahaya on 06-07-17 at 05:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-17 AT 05:41 PM (EST)

Look at this baby Paul Allen invested in, the Stratolaunch. Yup, that's a circle of people on the tarmac with the plane; this thing is B-I-G big.

"The aircraft is indeed huge. It's wingspan is 385 feet, or nearly double that of a Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Its length is 238 feet, 12 feet longer than the Dreamliner, with a tail that is 50-feet tall.

"Stratolaunch's 28 wheels could support its 500,000-lb. weight. It was designed to handle a maximum takeoff weight, including cargo, of 1.3 million lbs."

You could make a big bomber out of that, love the six-engine twin design, basically a huge jet-powered P-38 Lightning.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Stratolaunch"
Posted by kingfish on 06-07-17 at 06:23 PM
Made for stratospheric rocket launches, but it could lift some MOABs. A squadron of these could level the DMZ with a few left over to aim at that little dude with the weird haircut.

"Mikey"
Posted by foonermints on 06-07-17 at 06:30 PM
Likes This.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"RE: Mikey"
Posted by cahaya on 06-09-17 at 05:22 PM
When I was a kid back in the early '60's, there was a field near my house not far from the reserve AF base where they flew P-38's and I'd watch them climb from the end of the field.

This plane takes it to a whole new level with the twin fuselage and tail design.

"Love it!"
Posted by foonermints on 06-07-17 at 06:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-17 AT 06:40 PM (EST)

Now we can all get in luxurious cargo containers @ the terminal and get trucked out to the flying machine! Across the Border, they can then open the box and let us all free to create mayhem! Err.. or get a "yob"
I may join the illegals sneaking across into Canada.. Oh Cr@p, it's too cold. Guess I will stay in Southern California.

Bouncing Gorn by Icey

Colleen and I have yet to jump out of a C130. I need to pull some strings.

"RE: Love it!"
Posted by kingfish on 06-07-17 at 07:01 PM
I dig where your head's at, man. (#hippykingfish)
(Might want to rethink the part about freefalling. There's a lot of unhappy bounce at the end of that journey.)

"Well... "
Posted by foonermints on 06-09-17 at 00:43 AM
Sometimes you have to learn how to fly.

Wheeee!

Posted by foonermints on 06-09-17 at 00:45 AM
Of course, I get your gist.

Posted by newsomewayne on 07-20-17 at 03:35 PM
into Canada.. Oh Cr@p, it's too cold. Guess I will stay in Southern California.

Besides the weather, I hear there's not much difference.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

"The U.S.S. John F. Kennedy"
Posted by cahaya on 07-18-17 at 10:28 PM

CVN-79, brand spankin' new $13 billion carrier.

They don't churn 'em out like they used to in the Pacific war, but ain't no other country's got anything like it.

Your tax dollars at work, afloat.

"RE: The U.S.S. John F. Kennedy"
Posted by kingfish on 07-19-17 at 10:48 AM
Nice sundeck.

I'll have a Moonshine MaiTai, please. Hold the umbrella.

And send the Cabana girls over.

Posted by cahaya on 07-19-17 at 09:45 PM
And wear your aviator shades, the girls always fall those those.

Land one of those Hornets on the deck, baby!

Posted by foonermints on 08-03-17 at 08:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-17 AT 08:37 PM (EST)

Steampunk glasses!

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Have you no sense of style?

"Dang Glasses!"
Posted by foonermints on 08-04-17 at 01:57 PM
So dark I *bump* into things.

"RE: Dang Glasses!"
Posted by kingfish on 08-06-17 at 12:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-17 AT 01:02 PM (EST)

Are those what Trump uses in his tanning bed? (Is that how you can get Raccoon eyes?)

But the excitement is building. Parties galore. People are already drinking to excess. It's going to be a moonshine extravaganza.

Foonerville is the only place where you will be able to get Foonerville Dark Moonshine, with a hint of cinnamon and a sledgehammer of lightning.

But we need to keep that quiet (I hope our blabbermouth tourist loving sheriff is reading this?), or we might run out before we've quality tested every batch (taste tested - thoroughly taste tested - each batch has to be tested by all residents of Foonerville. It's the Law). Then what would we do? Right? It'd be hell in Foonerville, is what. Igor can do only so much, there's only 25 hours in a day. (Hic).

Posted by foonermints on 08-19-17 at 10:40 AM
NOT certified as "safe", Amazon told me to keep 'em anyway, and refunded me the $$. Got free ones at the foonerlibrary.
Foonerville ©
Dark? Probably not safe either, but I LIKE IT.

Posted by cahaya on 08-19-17 at 09:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-17 AT 09:39 PM (EST)

I just got 6 pairs of cardboard eclipse glasses, gonna be 93% plus hereabouts on the partial eclipse. Tried them out, sun looks mellowly yellow through the specs. Can't see anything else.

Got another one coming up on April 8, 2024 smack dab in the middle of totality path.

agman's world

Posted by foonermints on 08-19-17 at 10:49 PM
About 90% + here in Southern California.
2024? Might live long enough to buy a plane ticket to see you. I will bring KingFish.

Posted by kingfish on 08-20-17 at 11:16 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-17 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

It's a date. We can bring C along if he'll promise no politics.

It's been cloudy and rainy for two-three weeks here. So if somehow the clouds part long enough allow me to witness the eclipse, and the Eclipse-o-megeddon doesn't cause us to blink out of existence, I will see a sliver of the sun (80% about).

Me? I'm hoping for the Eclipse-o-megeddon because I didn't buy the special lenses and will probably burn my eyes out, and because I think that would be more fun than a regular old eclipse. BTDT.

Of course, then I'll have to call off the date.

Posted by foonermints on 08-22-17 at 01:09 PM
Why are the people in the middle in a circle.. ?

Posted by foonermints on 08-29-17 at 11:40 AM
bump

"New Boeing!"
Posted by foonermints on 09-03-17 at 02:53 PM
280 people walk onto a plane..

Who gets to sit in back by the smelly bathroom?
Who wants to sit next to the crying baby?

"RE: New Boeing!"
Posted by kingfish on 09-03-17 at 04:31 PM
That's a fine looking airplane. But not with 280 people. Or the guy who just reclined into my lap.

Ma'am! Ma'am! I'll have two double bourbons please. Followed by a couple of tequila shots. And keep them coming.