URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3870
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume `15.6"

Posted by ARnutz on 11-02-09 at 09:05 AM
On this episode, teams had to fly to Amsterdam. We got a 10 hour bunch point at the airport and all teams were on the same flight. Once there, they had to find a monument to get the next clue, which sent them to...

Martinitoren, the highest building in Gronigen, and the roadblock - go to a bell tower and count the bells. Most teams did fine, but Ericka can't count and Sam didn't tell her the total.

On to the detour, both of which require dressing up in local outfits and riding bikes to... the choice - farmer's game - make 3 par 8 holes of golf style game - or - farmer's dance - ring a carnival game style bell, do a local dance then eat a herring with onions. Once completed, it was off to the pit stop on the bikes in their outfits...

Don't forget to check out last week's rankings, from our super stat guy, kidflash, they can be seen here!

On to the list!

Rank. Names (last week's rank) - my top 4 could really be in various orders.

1. Herbert/Nathaniel (3) - They are just having the best time of just about any team to ever run the race. They laugh a lot and with any task, they enjoy the experience.

2. Sam/Dan (4) - They might be #1 because I like them a lot and they totally rocked this leg, but I just can't put them there when they tell the poker girl how many bells there are without her even having to do the task. It's A RACE!!!!

3. Meghan/Cheyne (2) - Another great leg, but such an ordinary couple team. Meghan is beginning to crack a little bit over the stress.

4. Gary/Matt (1) - I like them too! They are just here because they switched detours over eating a fish.

HUGE gap

5. Brian/Ericka (5) - You can't count and you can't read! What can you do? Brian is great, but Erika is a shrew.

Philiminated: Maria/Tiffany (6) - Ha! So glad they are gone! Quitters! Don't let the door hit you...

Awesome sig courtesy of that fabulous syren ©2008

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume `15.6"
Posted by Zimbochick on 11-02-09 at 09:56 AM
1. Herbert/Nathaniel - Great team to watch. They are fun. strong, and for the most part have played a smart game.

2. Sam/Dan - I like them. It was too funny them saying they hadn't come out to too many people yet. Firstly, how could you miss it with them, second, coming out on National TV is a biggie. Oh, and stop helping teams now, it's a competition.

3. Gary/Matt - I really like them. They look so different, but their personalities are so similar. I'm enjoying seeing a father/son team who are so nice to each other for a change.

4. Meghan/Cheyne - He's carrying the team. She is supposedly this major athlete, haven't seen that yet. What's with all the wimpy females this season.

5. Brian/Ericka (5) - She is getting on my last nerve. What has she done so far that has not ended up being a huge drama. Brian you have yourself a high-maintenance princess there, sorry mate.

Philiminated: Maria/Tiffany - they did persevere with the challenges, but were so physically incompetent. It was either them or Brian/Ercka who needed to go, so no great loss.

Posted by emydi on 11-02-09 at 10:45 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-09 AT 10:46 AM (EST)

Those were some of the saddest performances I've seen in a long time.

1. Flight Time/Big Easy (3)(1))(2)(2)(2)- They get the top spot this week bc they danced and were good. They are having a lot of fun.

2. Gary/Matt (1)(4)(1)(1)(1)-very close 2nd. They are great..Gary is the cutest dad ever

3. Sam/Dan-(2)(5)(3)(4)(3) Did you see the greeters face when they said "we're not that kind of gay guys" ?!?!! I'm glad they came out to their family too! Maybe they told them before they left though.

4. Meghan/Cheyne(5)(3)(4)(3)(5)-They're getting a bit cocky and I still don't like how whiny Meghan is

5. Brian/Ericka (8)(7)(5)(6)(6) I think they should have had to go back and bike to the dance place. She was a mess this week. He is pretty supportive though. Nice guy to have Ericka!

Philiminated

Maria/Tiffany (10)(6)(6)(5)(4) Could they have just not hit the bell and incurred a 30 minute penalty...Brian and Ericka didn't complete the task correctly either... If I were them I would have pictured some nemesis at poker's face and just slammed it!

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-02-09 at 01:42 PM
Can't say I liked the tasks too much this leg. While I wasn't much of a fan of Maria and Tiffany, they had no chance whatsoever at either of those Detours. Also, making teams swim across that creek before playing "farmer's golf" was a recipe for cold, miserable people. It must've been chilly to go with the strong breeze; even Phil was wearing a windbreaker.

1. Flight Time/Big Easy (3) - These two never take themselves too seriously, and they're obviously enjoying their TAR experience. Loved the comments about dancing as part of their Globetrotter shows-- way to use those skills, guys.

2. Gary/Matt (1) - Not much to say about these two this time around, but I still like them.

Meh
3. Sam/Dan (5) - Finally these two showed up. Their coming out moment was entertaining, and calling themselves the "token gay team" was worth a chuckle too. I'm not too fond of the decision to give Tiffany the bell-count answer, though.

4. Meghan/Cheyne (2) - These two are getting more and more bland with each episode. Ken and Barbie, indeed.

Don't like
5. Brian/Ericka (6) - One thing's for sure, Ericka didn't win any Miss Congeniality awards. Brian's a saint for putting up with her.

Philiminated
Maria/Tiffany (4) - While I didn't like their decision to call for the quit boat, they were going nowhere on those Detour tasks in any case. Chalk them up as another stunt casting FAIL.

agman 2009

Posted by Georjanna on 11-02-09 at 02:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-09 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

Just a comment on the Roadblock ...

My daughter pointed out that if, when you reached the carillon player, you had counted the bells incorrectly, you had only to count the total number of keys on his keyboard ... and submit the right answer.

G

Posted by dabo on 11-03-09 at 01:17 AM
Hey, I had that same thought! Smart kid.

Posted by Georjanna on 11-03-09 at 04:35 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-09 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

Hi!

The kid is a forty-six-years-old, detail-obsessed Virgo (advance planning was never one of my strong suits) who has heard far too oten that she is smart. But, since the damage has already been done, I'll pass along the compliment ...

Note: Over in the Roadblock Tally thread (where I should have put this in the first place), HobbsofMI posted the same thought. Me? I'd still be running up and down that stupid tower, miscounting bells. If I could still run.

G

Posted by Seana on 11-02-09 at 04:49 PM
1. Flight Time and Big Easy (1,1,1,1): They're having so much fun. I love their attitude.

2. Gary and Matt (3,2,2,2): Also having fun and getting along. Liking them, just not as much as the Globetrotters.

3. Meghan and Cheyne (6,4,4,3): I am beginning to warm up to these two.

4. Sam and Dan (4,3,3,4): They'd have moved up this week if only they hadn't given the answer to Tiffany.

5. Brian and Ericka (5,6,6,5): OK, well, last week I was feeling more charitable, but since Ericka got upset with Brian for being upset because her mood is governed by his... Yeah, looks like the bottom spot for them for the duration.

Eliminated: Maria and Tiffany (8,7,7,6): I can't say I'll miss them. They have been one of my least favourite teams. They gave up repeatedly this leg. I can see leaving the bell task, but the golf was doable. Anyway, bye!

Posted by Joools on 11-02-09 at 04:52 PM
Love

1. (tie) Flight Time/Big Easy & Gary/Matt -It's just way too tough this week to decide which team I like more. Gary and Matt seemed to get as much of a kick of Gary running around in his little Dutch girl dress as I did. On the other hand, I'd definitely watch Soul Train: Amsterdam.

Like:

3. Sam/Dan - Just giving out the bell answer? Really? This late in the race? But they still did a great job and their method of coming out by declaring themselves the token gay team was both funny and well done.

4. Meghan/Cheyne - They appear to have a really solid relationship and they're clearly good racers otherwise they wouldn't have made it this far, but they're just so dull. I don't think I could name a handful of memorable things they've done this season.

Please go now:

5. Brian/Ericka - As opposed to Meghan and Cheyne, they've been memorable but for all the wrong reasons. I like Brian and since he obviously loves Ericka she can't be all bad, but I'm just so tired of every leg being one drama after another for them.

Philiminated: Maria/Tiffany - They looked so cold and miserable at the end that I actually felt bad for them, but changing tasks three times was a huge, huge mistake. It didn't look like Maria was even trying to ring the bell when she only held the mallet a few feet above the button and just let it drop.

Posted by sica077 on 11-03-09 at 10:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-09 AT 10:59 PM (EST)

Seriously, I am no strong woman, but she clearly had no intention of even trying to make it half-way up that pole. Watching their effort, Tiffany definitely wears the pants in this relationship

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
I've been 'patched

edited to change wording

Posted by beau_30 on 11-02-09 at 07:50 PM
RETURNING AGAIN FOR ANOTHER LVOE LIST:

1) Herbet & Nate take first place first again this week. They worked well together.

2) Gary & Matt just should've eaten the fish or taken a 30 minute penalty. Could've came in first.

3) Sam & Dan personality and racing skills are finally showing up

4) Megan & Cheyenne megan is a crybaby. There is about to be a meltdown.

5) Brian & Ericka if the poker chicks were safe they would be here.

Philiminated: Maria and Tiffany Should've taken the 30 minute penalty. Thats all.

Posted by KwietOne on 11-02-09 at 09:07 PM
(1) Trotters - all I know is Brian...imitating Ericka "Brian! Brian! Brian!" LOL

(2) Sam/Dan

(3) Gary/Matt

(4) Meghan/Sheyne

(5) Brian/Ericka - feel sorry for Brian

Sorry to see Maria/Tiffany go...

Posted by dabo on 11-03-09 at 01:29 AM
1. Gary/Matt: Love that they are having fun. Dunno why they fish so much if they don't eat fish, and that was a stupid reason to abandon the dance contest.

2. Sam/Dan: These guys soared through this leg.

3. Meghan/Cheyne: Kinda meh but still doing well after losing their FF advantage.

4. Brian/Ericka: They gave us all the slapstick comedy this week we could ever want from a team, and at least Ericka is aware of it when she turns into NightmarEricka.

5. FlightTime/BigEasy: They give good show but what they did to Mika in the last leg was just wrong so I'm gonna hold it against them.

Philiminated. Maria/Tiffany: For goodness sakes, just grab the bell and toss it to the top of the ringydingythingymabob. And take the 30-minute penalty if it comes to it. Anyway, not surprised they lost, just sorry to see them eliminated that way.

Posted by shimane22 on 11-03-09 at 03:34 AM
1. Gary/Matt- It was fun watching them have fun!
2. Brian/Ericka- Was nice to see Brian stay supportive and composed and it was pleasant to see them pull through.
3. Flight Time/Big Easy - Had some great moments this episode.
4. Sam/Dan - Meh.
5. Meghan/Cheyne - Boring boring boring. Plus she's whiny.

X Maria/Tiffany- Nice, ladies... you finished dead last on 3 out of 7 legs! Dustin and Kandice you are not...

Posted by Scuba Steve on 11-03-09 at 09:48 AM
1. Flight Time/Big Easy - Bounced back nicely from the last leg.
2. Sam/Dan - Maybe now, they will actually race.
3. Gary/Matt - Only because they suddenly switched Detours.
4. Meghan/Cheyne - Boring, plus Meghan gets on my nerves.
5. Brian/Ericka - They made mistake after mistake but were lucky another team made more.

Philiminated: Maria/Tiffany - They made it hard to like them from the beginning. Not sorry to see them go.

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-03-09 at 11:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-09 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

Down to five teams already? This season is moving fast.

My List:

1)Sam & Dan - A great leg for them and I have no problem with them telling Tiffany the answer. It makes sense strategically - they wanted the Globetrotters to be the last team at the Roadblock. Extra points from me picking the Detour that required them to play golf in their underwear.

2)Meghan & Cheyne - She seemed to lighten up a bit this week but they are just so bland it's hard to muster any feelings for them at all.

3)Gary & Matt - I hate seafood too but I wouldn't risk losing a chance at a million dollars to avoid eating some.

4)Nathaniel & Herbert - Bragging about trash talking Mika doesn't endear me to them.

5)Brian & Ericka - Every little setback she falls to pieces and starts sniping at Brian. Run, Brian run.

Philiminated: Maria & Tiffany - After two previous saves from elimination it was about time though I have to agree there is something unfair about them being eliminated for not skipping part of the task and taking a 30 min penalty the way Brian & Ericka did.

A JSlice masterpiece

Posted by samboohoo on 11-03-09 at 12:26 PM
1. Sam & Dan
2. Meghan & Cheyne - I still like 'em. Boring and all.
3. Herbert & Nathaniel
4. Gary & Matt

Any of the above four could interchange. I like them all and hope any of them win.

5. Brian & Ericka. Meh.

Philiminated: Maria/Tiffany. Not a moment too soon.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by BlueIris on 11-03-09 at 05:27 PM
1. Flight Time & Big Easy (3) - As usual, they are having fun and I'm having fun with them.

2. Gary & Matt (1) - Fish? It could have been a whole lot worse.

3. Sam & Dan (4) - Great job this week.

4. Meghan & Cheyne (2) - I'm sure she's going to self destruct soon.

5. Brian & Ericka (6) - The only team left I dislike.

Philiminated: Maria & Tiffany (5) - It's about time.

Posted by zorayah on 11-03-09 at 08:36 PM
1.Herbert/Nathaniel - woohoo they're back at the top! they just know how to put the fun in what they're doing
2.Sam/Dan - they are finally racing
3.Gary/Matt - they moved down because of the bad decision to switch detours. and yeah what's up with going fishing when you don't eat fish??
4.Meghan/Cheyne - competitive team but no character

5.Brian/Ericka - i'll say it again, Ericka is a primadonna

Philiminated: Maria/Tiffany - another waste of casting
What is it with casting lame, can-do-nothing contestants? It's not just running around and jumping on planes people!

Posted by TracyLS1 on 11-03-09 at 09:01 PM
Why were Meghan and Chayne (sp?) allowed to BOTH do the roadblock? I thought a roadblock was for one or the other. That's why they phrase them like, "Who has strong legs and an eye for detail?" Right? Why did that never get addressed?

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-03-09 at 09:20 PM
Cheyne did not perform the Roadblock - Meghan & Sam worked together. Poor editing made that unclear.

Posted by dabo on 11-05-09 at 01:00 AM
Welcome aboard, always glad to have new posters join up! What kidflash said: Meghan and Sam worked together on the roadblock not Meghan and Cheyne. Though the way it was edited I at first had the same thought as you.

Posted by flipxcyd on 11-04-09 at 02:18 AM
#1 Flight Time/Big Easy - comic relief
#2 Sam/Dan - great performance for 1st
#3 Gary/Matt - that laugh is infectious
#4 Meghan/Sheyne - they still don't do anything for me
#5 Brian/Ericka - she's such a nag

Phlim'd: Maria/Tiffany - at first, it was hilarious they couldn't hit the bell; but after so many tries, it was becoming really really sad.

Posted by MaryKat on 11-04-09 at 02:23 PM
1. Gary and Matt
2. Sam and Dan
3. Meghan and Cheyne
4. Herbert and Nathaniel
5. Brian and Erika

Posted by sittem on 11-05-09 at 01:53 AM
1) Herbert & Nate - they're entertainers and that makes it easy to watch them. However, I don't think they'll win it all.

2) Gary & Matt - nice to see a father/son pair enjoying themselves so much.

3) Sam & Dan - not sure how I feel about giving up the bell answer so easily. Interesting strategy. They're growing on me.

4) Megan & Cheyenne - growing in drama. Not good.

5) Brian & Ericka - and I really wanted to like this pair. Brian is fine, though a little short on sympathy on the walk, but Ericka....

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by fleaismycat on 11-05-09 at 12:49 PM
1. Flight time and Big Easy: They make me laugh. Last weeks taunting of Mika didn't bother me. Maybe that was because I didn't like Mika but it seemed to fair to me.

2. Gary and Matt: Again they make me laugh and seem to really like each other.

3. Meghan and Cheyne: Great racers and about as interesting as white bread. From almost the beginning they have seemed like the front runners. They do seem to treat each other with respect which earns them brownie points but also boring points. Unfortunately.

4.Sam and Dan: I'm learning to like them. Like one acclimatizes to blue cheese or modern art. Mostly I put them this low down for giving Maria and Tiffany the answers. Okay, they'd probably still be fourth. But they are growing on me.

5. Brian and Ericka: He's so whipped and she's a shrew. He at least seems nice but she's a whiner. I really wish they'd cast fewer whiners.

Out of the Race: Maria and Tiffany: I didn't care for Maria but thought Tiffany was pretty cool. I probably would have ranked them fourth or fifth. I was impressed that they seemed to try really hard at the detour but they did quit the task in the hopes it was a non-elimination leg. I doubt I'll miss them.

The last 3 elims have made me happy after much unhappiness. I still wish Justin and Zev were in the race.

Posted by warp_core breach on 11-07-09 at 10:56 AM
1. Herbert & Nathaniel

2. Sam & Dan

3. Meghan & Cheyne - They are boring but she is a ticking time bomb... it's just a matter of time before she explodes.

4. Gary & Matt - Not wise switching detours... could have bit you in the butt. The reason? Because you didn't want to eat fish... but you were already there!

5. Brian & Erica - He is okay but she is a shrew. He was very patient with her when it took her 2 hours to count bells but then she has the nerve after her pitiful performance to get on his case at the detour? And really dumb for not taking the bikes. The only reason they're still here is because of the pitiful performance from Maria & Tiffany.

Philiminated - Maria & Tiffany - Thankfully I won't have to see these two again on my tv screen... except at the finish line. At least Tiffany tried but Maria was useless. And really switching tasks so many times?

A Gift from Agman

Posted by Starshine on 11-07-09 at 11:46 AM
1. Gary and Matt - Overall I didn't feel much lvoe this week, however this is still my favourite team, although I was unimpressed that they didn't eat the hareng.

2. Sam and Dan - OK I complained last season about game play, however giving Maria and Tiffany the bell answer should have eliminated Brian and Ericka who are probably a stronger team.

3. Meghan and Cheyne - I think I like them, however they are a little vanilla.

4. Herbert and Nathaniel - Really wouldn't be upset to see them leave.

5. Brian and Erika - They go up the chart, they come down the chart! Let's see which Ericka turns up this week.

Maria and Tiffany - The tasks seemed designed to get them out of the race, was glad to find out they hadn't quit.

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

Posted by HistoryDetective on 11-07-09 at 11:55 AM
1. Sam & Dan - Higher eye candy quotient this week. Lower whining quotient this week. The combination makes for a very satisfying episode for them (and for me)! I'm going to fight kidflash for Sam...

2. Gary & Matt - They seem to be having fun. It looks like they appreciate having unusual experiences. It's not just about the million dollars for them.

3. Meghan & Cheyne - I'll take bland over shrew stew any day.

4. Fright Time & Big Sleazy - They were so proud as they bragged about taunting an already terrified Mika, but it was cool that the producers played dance music from a gay club as they danced together, one of them in drag.

5. Brian & Miss Congeniality - What a shrew! I cannot imagine putting up with her on a daily basis.

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-08-09 at 11:11 PM
Guess I'm going to have to change my Christmas shopping list:

History Detective - All expense paid trip to Amsterdam Coal

Posted by Silver03 on 11-07-09 at 09:11 PM
1. Gary/Matt - Yeah, switching detours was not a good idea, but I love the fact that these two are still having fun. They made me laugh on this leg.

2. Flight Time/Big Easy - Another team that is enjoying themselves on this leg.

3. Meghan/Cheyne - Still good racers but they are boring.

4. Sam/Dan - I'm starting to warm up to them and they are interchangeable with Meghan and Cheyne at this point for third.

5. Brian/Ericka - This guy has more patience than anyone I've ever seen on this race. Is it possible to just eliminate a team member and continue the race alone?

Philiminated - Maria/Tiffany - Eh. Bye.

Posted by featherfish81 on 11-08-09 at 03:39 PM
1. Sam/Dan (2)- Doing well and relaxing, though I'd like to see you not need help with the tasks every week.
2. Gary/Matt (1)- Again doing well and having fun. You probably shouldn't have switched detours, but at least you did it early. And I laughed at your "confession" in the airport.
3. Meghan/Cheyne (4)- No drama is good, but still not as likable as Kris and Jon.
4. Herbert/Nathaniel (6)- Nothing to particulary dislike this week, but nothing to push them up higher either.

-Gap-

5. Brian/Erika (3)- When Erika's in a good mood, they're fairly likable. But if not, watch out. "My feet hurt." "I know, baby, mine do too." "But they can't possibly hurt as much as mine, and my knees hurt too, and you just don't understand how much pain I'm in, and I'm determined to be unhappy, so why don't you make me feel better?"

Eliminated

Maria/Tiffany (5)- After the initial deception, I started to like these two. But Tiffany definitely carried the team.

Posted by louislam on 11-08-09 at 09:05 PM
1. Meghan/Cheyne (2) - Meghan learnt to trust Cheyne, though the other option may be quicker.

2. Gary/Matt (3) - Doing good and having fun

3. Sam/Dan (4) - Smooth leg for them

4. FlightTime/BigEasy (6) - No major problem

5. Brian/Erica (5) - Thanks for the physical challenge that they are still in the game, I feel sorry for Brian as he has to wait outside the bell tower for hours and then put up with all the whining.

Philiminated - Maria/Tiffany (1) - Sorry to see them go this way, but they should know they could not win this game, so the elimination is inevitable.

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-08-09 at 11:09 PM
Lvoe List Results - Week Six!

It's A Lvoe Thing
An increase in lists this week to 25 - nice job guys! Nathaniel & Herbert rebound into the top spot this week with 15 first place votes. Gary & Matt take a step back to second place with Sam & Dan holding steady in third place.

No Mercy

Brian & Ericka dominate the last place votes with 23 out of 25 votes. From the comments most of the blame falls on Ericka.

center]

­
Rank
Team
First Place Votes Last Place Votes
AverageRank
Direction
Herbert & Nathaniel
Gary & Matt
Sam & Dan
Meghan & Cheyne
Brian & Ericka