URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 386
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Farewell to NYPD Blue"

Posted by redheaded_sweetheart on 02-22-05 at 11:55 PM
There's only one more episode left in the series...Tuesday nights just won't be the same. It's the end of a GREAT show.

Will anyone else be missing it?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Farewell to NYPD Blue"
Posted by motormouth on 03-01-05 at 04:22 AM
I have gotten so busy that I stopped watching for the last two seasons or so. I started up again when I realized it was ending and you right, it is a great show. I hope they do re-runs so I can see all I missed.

*WooHoo, I got me a Syren!*

"Last episode..."
Posted by AyaK on 03-02-05 at 11:51 AM
...(after the recap, that is) was homage to the show from which NYPD Blue was derived -- a show that was also produced by Steven Bochco and David Milch and that also featured Dennis Franz.

Think about it: The commander has to make a decision against the express wishes of his superiors to pursue a politically-hazardous investigation. He does, and he gets chewed out as a result, but he wins the respect of his precinct.

How many episodes of Hill Street Blues featured that exact same plot? Frank Furillo, meet Andy Sipowicz.

"RE: Last episode..."
Posted by realtyamazed on 03-03-05 at 00:54 AM
Can honestly say I never watched a single episode, but am very respectful at the long running success of the show.