URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3859
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Mika, HONEY, I think you sent your application to the wrong network.."

Posted by mindy23 on 10-19-09 at 10:09 AM
No, this is NOT the CW, and we are NOT accepting applications for America's Next Top Model. This IS The Amazing Race, and guess what? You sometimes have to climb tall buildings, skim down slightly high (what, 5'??) man-made snow-slopes, and slip down large water slides.

Have you NOT watched this show in the past? Have you NOT seen the actual bungy jumping, rope climbing, mine excavating, etc, that has gone on in previous seasons?

I'm sorry, sweety, but this is no place for someone who has claustraphobia, agoraphobia, fear of heights, water, snow, creepy food, or any other such things.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? Oh, I know...$1,000,000! Oh yeah, that'll do it, and the 'blessings of God' that you'll have because you are SO SPECIAL. As is your hypocritcal BF.

Whatever. Once the two of you are gone, my blood pressure will calm down a bit and I won't be so angry anymore. I think, anyway....Can't wait to see you literally THROWN down the water slide next week!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Don't insult the models."
Posted by Estee on 10-19-09 at 10:14 AM
I'm sure at least one person in the history of that show would have been able to tell kilometers and miles apart. Maybe as many as a hundred and twenty. Possibly not the host...

"RE: Don't insult the models."
Posted by mindy23 on 10-19-09 at 11:16 AM
>I'm sure at least one person
>in the history of that
>show would have been able
>to tell kilometers and miles
>apart. Maybe as many
>as a hundred and twenty.
> Possibly not the host...
>

"RE: Mika, HONEY, I think you sent your application to the wrong network.."
Posted by KwietOne on 10-19-09 at 09:12 PM
ROTFL

Posted by mindy23 on 10-26-09 at 09:37 AM
Even a Top Model will go down a water slide.........hehehehehe...

Posted by canuklady on 10-26-09 at 12:06 PM
LOL!! Kinda makes you wonder what she thought was going to happen. What got me was the 'You can't tell me what to do'. I can't even imagine the frustration level her poor partner was feeling. However, I'm not sure what the GT guys said to her was all that cool.

Posted by JessicaRN on 10-26-09 at 01:40 PM
Plus there is always at least one photo shoot where the models are strung up (which is probably what Canaan would have like to have done to her before he forgave her, of course)

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-26-09 at 01:55 PM
Her 'poor partner' made matters worse. If someone is tense and scared being more tense and angry doesn't help. If he had stayed calm and maybe just shut up there's a tiny chance things might have been different.

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-26-09 at 02:31 PM
I especially liked the part when Canaan gave up on her and went down the slide himself. Like that's going to motivate Mika to go down it...

Posted by jbug on 10-26-09 at 02:59 PM
Actually that might have been better than his staying there trying to force her. He goes without her, telling her he'll be waiting at the bottom for her.

Posted by Starshine on 10-26-09 at 03:18 PM
Had he done it earlier before all the pressurisation it might have worked, however he had got her so het up that she was never going to go down the slide

Posted by jbug on 10-26-09 at 04:23 PM
he had got her so het up

Don't tell me this is a Brit word!!!!
I thought only old southern folk used het!

Posted by CTgirl on 10-26-09 at 04:32 PM
He tried all the wrong ways to get her down the slide!! He should have used going down first to their advantage. I noticed that the water wasn't over their heads - most people stood up at the bottom of the slide so he should've used that info to help her get over the fear of water part. She was already at the top, so the height thing wasn't as big. He probably could have stood at the bottom and "caught" her. Don't know how he could convince her to let go at the top but knowing he was at the bottom should have calmed her down. He was a jerk, but she wasn't being entirely rational either!

Posted by MissMyth on 10-26-09 at 04:23 PM
I had no problem with the Globetrotter's very mild trash talking. I had a big problem with Canaan trying to physically shove Mika down the slide. I can't even imagine how the poor water slide attendant was feeling having to watch and listen to all that.

Posted by featherfish81 on 10-26-09 at 08:46 PM
I don't know, as I said in another thread, sometimes when you are scared you just need a little push to convince you to do something, and I think that was what he was trying to do. Misguided, maybe, but not horrible.

Posted by AyaK on 10-26-09 at 04:48 PM
I just learned that Canaan is close friends with Stephen Barker Liles from Love & Theft (a successful country band), and Canaan and Stephen co-wrote their current hit "Runaway".

I don't think he's going to need the million after all.