URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38530
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A Tradition"

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-10-14 at 11:54 AM
I remember History Detective used to post some thread every year. Figured I'd post this as a tribute. Tomorrow is National Coming Out day

With 30 (maybe 32 depending on SCOTUS) states finally recognizing that no relationship is superior to another type and the rest of the states should come soon, it feels like a corner has been turned. I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime.

And just an aside, the movie Pride is a great movie which shouldn't be overlooked because it has a gay theme. It's a great movie for anyone, well acted and well written.

Tribe!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A Tradition"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-13-14 at 07:35 PM
A fine tradition, indeed... just wish there was more around to discuss it with.

I like the fact that it has become so matter-of-fact around here that people don't need the feel to discuss or act surprised that someone has come out of the closet - just can't believe it's still an issue somewhere out there. It just seems so perfectly normal.

Posted by Molaholic on 10-14-14 at 00:09 AM
I agree 100% with Pepe. Let's work to achieve the goal of (as Dr. King dreamt) judging by the content of one's character.

Mucho lurve to tribe 2012

"The Vatican makes (select parts of) the world explode."
Posted by Estee on 10-14-14 at 08:07 AM
As opposed to October 14th, which just may turn into Worldwide Hordes Of Catholics Leave The Church Forever day.

One comment I saw: "This removes the grace from souls." No, it just proves the speaker didn't have any to start with.

Posted by kingfish on 10-15-14 at 08:59 AM
I agree with the 30 (maybe 32) states. Congrats to those who have been discriminated against and are now free to marry whoever they wish. Dogs and goats excepted. Winsome pigs with Latina eyes are still in a gray area.

And may the powers that be have mercy on all their souls.

Posted by tribephyl on 10-15-14 at 11:24 PM
Did someone say HD!?

Man, I miss him.

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-17-14 at 03:32 PM
I agree. I think my invitation to his wedding got lost in the mail.

Tribe!

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 10-21-14 at 01:35 AM
Thanks for doing this Kidflash. Yeah, I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime either. Amazing.

As far as the Vatican, the Pope got a majority of the votes supporting him, but not the 2/3 that were necessary.

I heard a priest talking about the Vatican the other day, and he said that a large number of priests, bishops, et al, who work there are really out of touch with the real world -- and most want it to be that way. The priest was a fan of Francis, but not a fan of the others who want to keep their heads buried in the sand.

I loved it that the mayor of Rome officiated at a couple same-sex weddings just outside the Vatican.

HandTooled by SpotTheDifference

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-21-14 at 07:42 AM
And nice to see you around Dan.