URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 384
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Patrice is getting a huge benefit from RockStar & other Comments"

Posted by mocha madness on 08-17-06 at 02:09 PM
Patrice has now survived four? trips to the bottom three, and there is certainly one more in her future....probably next week. However, she will have at least five prime time performances on the elimination show before she is finally cut. I don't think there has been anyone else in the two seasons with that many performances....maybe Susie McNeil, but fans who follow this closer than I do would probably know best.

The point I am trying to make is that prime time exposure is everything, and since only one person is going to be selected as lead singer, the real winner may turn out to be the singer who gets the most exposure, and right now it appears to be Patrice.

Future weeks may bring someone else into the spotlight, but right now it is Patrice. Zahara was also in the spotlight, but for me it was only to make me wonder why she was still around when she demonstrated that she could not front a hard rock band.

There will be future cuts made where the one cut will perhaps have had one trip to the bottom three, and then be gone....with four less prime time showings....plus whatever encores they scored along the way.

Finally, I must throw in some comment about the "I hate Dilanna" postings flooding this board. I certainly don't like her piercings, but that chick can rock, and Supernova is nothing more than a very average hard rock band.

So why wouldn't they want a hot chick singer to distract from the rather mediocre band they are going to be. Does someone really think that any of these singers can elevate this band into something really great? Good....yes, but great....I don't think so.

Ok....so let the bashing begin....bring it on people.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Patrice is getting a huge benefit from RockStar & other Comments"
Posted by MKitty on 08-17-06 at 02:26 PM
I think you make a very good point. I too have often thought that very thing myself: "gee, the low vote contestants really do get the most exposure, the most chances to perform and maybe the most chances to impress "other" people (ie, non Supernova agents or talent scouts) It really is about the exposure, so not always bad to be in the bottom three and get to perform again (and in some cases, again, and again , again)

I think a good point in case was Zayra. I originally thought she was just awful and had to go. But, after seeing her so many times, she actually started to grow on me and I started to like her more...and even looked forward to her weirdness.

And, for Dilana, I was a huge fan at first, with her and Lukas, but then dropped as I started to appreciate Ryan and Magni more. But, both me and my DH agreed last night, she looked pretty damn good fronting the band, as dated and boring as the song was, she did look the part and seemed to fit in.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-17-06 at 02:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-06 AT 02:41 PM (EST)

Exposure...Exposure....Exposure.

The same thing that you say is helping Patrice is also helping SuperNova. Yes, the new singer will elevate the band just as much a JD elevated INXS.

Jessica from last season saw a lot of bottom 3s. Really don't know how much the exposure has really helped those getting the axe, because other than marty from last season who opened for INXS I haven't heard from any of these people again.....well with the exception of Suzie who sang a duet with JD on the new INXS cd. Bottom 3 appearances did not help Jessica last season..not sure how much it will help Patrice. Maybe her band will get more people to show up to see them at the local establishments but that is about it....the reason is unlike The Contender.....Burnett has not cared to promote the contestents after the show.

Posted by geg6 on 08-17-06 at 03:45 PM
>The point I am trying to
>make is that prime time
>exposure is everything, and since
>only one person is going
>to be selected as lead
>singer, the real winner may
>turn out to be the
>singer who gets the most
>exposure, and right now it
>appears to be Patrice.

Didn't do a thing for the losers on Rock Star: INXS. You've got to remember the flip side to all that exposure. It means the viewers don't like her as much as the rest. And because it is a consistent bottom three appearance, the viewers don't seem to be changing their minds, even though they've seen her a lot. I fail to see the up side of that.

>Finally, I must throw in some
>comment about the "I hate
>Dilanna" postings flooding this board.
> I certainly don't like
>her piercings, but that chick
>can rock, and Supernova is
>nothing more than a very
>average hard rock band.

I don't think I've ever said she couldn't rock. There are lots of people that rock who suck.

Posted by weltek on 08-17-06 at 04:18 PM
I was going to say the same thing about Patrice. More exposure on this show means the viewers don't like her. What label would want to sign a girl the fans obviously hate? I mean, nobody in the audience even cares when she lands in the bottom 3.

Posted by cycles2k on 08-17-06 at 09:53 PM
I will get the Dilana bashing part out of the way first to please mocha:

Dilana sings exactly the same way every time. She has become predictable.

Now to Patrice:

I have heard that any publicity is good publicity and people do respond to name recognition so the extra exposure is probably beneficial for her. If nothing else she gets to bill herself as 6th place finalist, 5th place finalist etc. on Rock Star Supernova, which is probably good for the corporate and New Years Eve gigs.

"Dilana"
Posted by djandy on 08-18-06 at 10:21 AM
I am so tired of her "c'mon's" too. Can't she think of anything else to yell to pump up the crowd? Boring & predictable.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

Posted by architecturegirl on 08-18-06 at 09:31 AM
I have to agree that while it may help her on the local circuit with name recognition, I just dont see it helping her truly professionally.
The fans are the ones that buy the records and if week after week is proving that the fans just dont like her - who's going to sign her?

Posted by Glow on 08-18-06 at 01:22 PM
Patrice's Wikipedia page seems to say quite a lot about her ability. This girl knows her stuff. She was quite successful before the show. The only thing being on an international television show for a month and a half could do is elevate her career.

...*not commenting on Dilana*

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi