URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38396
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Pittsburgh teenager finds way to save U.S. $400,000,000 by using one simple trick"

Posted by Estee on 03-29-14 at 08:05 AM
So naturally, the government did what it does best: completely ignored him.

Kind of makes you wonder who's getting the kickbacks from the ink and font lobbies.

http://www.mediaite.com/print/teen-discovers-govt-could-save-400m-a-year-by-not-using-times-new-roman/

In a sort-of-related story, the comments section has already linked this to Benghazi.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Pittsburgh teenager finds way to save U.S. $400,000,000 by using one simple trick"
Posted by cahaya on 03-29-14 at 04:16 PM
I don't blame the government. After all, how many trolls have come in here telling us we could make thousands using a "simple trick"?

FWIW, the idea has genuine merit.

"RE: Pittsburgh teenager finds way to save U.S. $400,000,000 by using one simple trick"
Posted by kingfish on 03-29-14 at 04:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-14 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

Arial Arial, we for you!
Who's the greatest font in town?
Arial, that's who!
Who's gonna kick the other font's butt?
Arial, that's who!
Who we cheering for tonite?
Arial, that's who!
Arial Arial, we for you!

Posted by kingfish on 03-30-14 at 11:32 AM
He should do a calc. on how much ink is being saved as newspapers are being resized to tabloid.

Or how much is being saved with the newspaper world going digital.

The kid is actually pretty much behind the curve. But kudos anyway, he's just a kid.

Posted by dabo on 03-30-14 at 07:43 PM
I used to use an elite typewriter just to save on paper.

Posted by kingfish on 04-02-14 at 03:08 PM
It occurs to me that this might contain an actual useful nugget of advice for those us who use a home printer and are caught in the "Cheap Printer/Expensive Ink Cartridge" scam.