URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38366
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"U.S. military demands troops worship magnetic cardboard."

Posted by Estee on 02-15-14 at 01:04 PM
http://nypost.com/2014/02/14/military-nears-food-holy-grail-pizza-that-lasts-years/

...what? It's a Post story. Headline distortion of events is mandatory.

Our local soldiers can insert their own MRE jokes here. For my part, having spent too much time around the stuff, I'm guessing the food scientists have actually developed a portable shield. With pepperoni. Well, sort-of-pepperoni.

The only true way to test whether this thing is edible after three years is to check back in 2017 and chow down. Any volunteers?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"raises hand."
Posted by kingfish on 02-15-14 at 05:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-14 AT 05:38 PM (EST)

Since the Government is essentially a free money ATM, I volunteer. For a monthly stipend, a daily expense allowance, and expense paid w/free travel to conventions in Las Vegas and Atlantic City.

After three years of free money, I think I can choke down any moldy old pizza. Ketchup and Louisiana Hot Sauce can work wonders. Or I could quit one month before.

"RE: raises hand."
Posted by foonermints on 02-15-14 at 09:26 PM
Twenty years old, are we? Or just remembering the "Good Old Times"?

Latrine-wise.

"RE: raises hand."
Posted by kingfish on 02-15-14 at 10:21 PM
Hey, I have an idea. How about in, oh, say, top of head, 3 years? I let you have a free pizza? Only thing is, that feeding it to a pet opossum would qualify as cruelty to animals. But don't worry, that's just one of those technical thingies.

"Trouble Is"
Posted by foonermints on 02-15-14 at 10:53 PM
I like MRE's. Crazy, eh?

Trouble is they are too heavy. I liked the little water activated heaters, but I go cold for a few weeks. Can't hurt me.
(well..)
When I'm in the Sierras,, I'm just taking energy bars (Costco: "Greek Yogurt Protein") Coffee: "Via" from Starbucks, and it must be just a wonder that I'm still alive to kick rocks over at 13,000'.
Y'know, I'm sitting on some uncomfortable piece of granite looking up some freaking couloir to put my butt on another uncomfortable piece of granite, thinking: "It took me 61 years to get here".

Hah! Love Life!

"RE: Trouble Is"
Posted by kingfish on 02-16-14 at 11:54 AM
Perhaps you'd be interested in a can of Civil Defense beans?

The can is a little bulgy, but I'm .1% sure they aren't lethal.

A Tribal Whoopee! We're all gonna fry.

Posted by Agman2 on 02-18-14 at 03:31 PM
Why does "Blazing saddles" suddenly come to mind?

Posted by kingfish on 02-18-14 at 03:48 PM
Because you know your "Bean" movies.

All hail the flatulent lore.