URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38332
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Celebrities Losing It: 2014 edition."

Posted by Estee on 01-10-14 at 03:26 PM
I know there's various death pools for the famous around the Internet, but has anyone ever considered starting one centered around Sanity Go Bye-Bye? It's not a million-dollar idea mostly because everyone's already silently playing plus getting the conclusive proof on that death certificate level is a little hard, but just for fun...

Anyway, Shia LaBeouf has been having a rather active season. And he decided to put a wrap on it early -- along with everything else.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/97247/shia-labeouf-retires-from-public-life-maybe-who-knows-with-this-dude

It's worth backtracking the links to see the full saga. And remember, kids, these days, when you rip off a graphic novelist, there's a one in two thousand chance* someone will call you on it!

Oopsie.

But the skywriting was an interesting touch.

* per tweet

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Celebrities Losing It: 2014 edition."
Posted by tribephyl on 01-10-14 at 05:43 PM
Knowing Shia, or at least following his recent trend, it would seem he's taking a page from the Joaquin Phoenix book of "retirement".
IOW, I expect him to be back before the cameras in a couple of years.

Posted by suzzee on 01-13-14 at 03:21 PM
Or when the money runs out (or is that the same thing).

Suzzopolis by Tribe

Posted by tribephyl on 01-26-14 at 04:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-14 AT 04:28 AM (EST)

He should be forced to produce the next "GreenLight Project" (i.e, get an edgamacation) and then paint his nose brown. For at least a while... (5 years in REAL time, 2 years in Hollywood time.)

Then we can get Quentin Tarantino to write some sort of miraculous 'comeback' part (He IS currently working on a brand NEW project) and after a semi-successful awards season Shia can go back to asking 4-Star Hotel masseurs for a full release.

And then punching them in the throat for doing so.

Posted by newsomewayne on 01-13-14 at 04:05 PM
Plagarism I could forgive. It's the desecration of two pieces of iconic American* culture I have a hard time letting go.

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

*Yes, I know. Transformers came from Japan. And I suppose one could argue that Indiana Jones belongs to the Jews.

Posted by kingfish on 01-13-14 at 05:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-14 AT 08:31 PM (EST)

If he is to be the face of upcoming Indiana Jones adventures, then I have to say agree that he and whoever is responsible for his casting are responsible for the desecration of a piece of American Culture. And if so, instead please just let it die now while we retain at least some faint but good memories of a couple of the earlier episodes.

He was pretty much a non-entity in the last adventure, which was itself pretty much a nonentity.

And Poopsie rhymes with oopsie. FWIW.

Posted by Estee on 01-24-14 at 09:21 AM
As tempting as it is to hit you with 'Jews aren't American?', I'll just ask if you watched any part of Transformers Prime. And if you didn't, consider changing that. Original voices only help.

Incidentally, HTML is an utter pain on the Kindle. I need to go through three keyboard screens for each half of the bracket.

"Oopsie?"
Posted by foonermints on 01-13-14 at 04:05 PM
I like this word.

No, I have nothing creative to add.

"Justin Bieber"
Posted by Estee on 01-24-14 at 09:11 AM
Tick. Tick. Tick.

That's the sound of your music career running out.

I'd say it was also your money going away, but given the industry, there's a good chance you never had any.

"RE: Justin Bieber"
Posted by cahaya on 01-24-14 at 09:40 AM
Didn't he retire?

To insinuate that he had a 'music' career is an insult to the word and all it symbolizes.

"RE: Justin Bieber"
Posted by Estee on 01-24-14 at 10:06 AM
No, he just moved. The land of Sanity threw him out.

As for his music... it exists. Two hours to eighteen months beyond the scheduled performance time and never in the present, but that counts, right?

"First arrest photo released...."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-24-14 at 01:38 PM

He's from a place that is 20 minutes away from where I live, so we're more than a little familiar with the little twerp. The people of his hometown have now basically disowned him - since last summer when he blew off an appearance and dissed some people, he's been a source of ridicule for the locals and you're more likely to find gag Bieber T-shirts than to find something honouring him. His former middle school friends have all taken to dissing him now.

Dude is in need of a major wake-up call and I don't think this arrest will provide that at all, judging from his attitude and I'm-bigger-than-you approach.

"And..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-24-14 at 01:43 PM
Has anyone ever seen Biebs and Miley Cyrus together in the same room?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/24/justin-biebers-true-identity-called-into-question-4275578/

"RE: And..."
Posted by Snidget on 01-24-14 at 01:59 PM
As long as Canada takes him/her/them back with or without makeup....

Some of the gifs make the ears look different but otherwise it is hard to tell the difference.

"Best news of the day..."
Posted by kingfish on 01-24-14 at 02:22 PM

is that there is the talk of him being deported. It's not going to happen, not for this, but it's good to hear talk of it.

Not the best news of the day for Canadians, though.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-25-14 at 08:47 PM
Heh... we'll take him back IF you guys clean him up first, since he's rapidly gone downhill since he got his own place in Calabasas (which is south of the Canadian border, no?).

Posted by Snidget on 01-25-14 at 09:49 PM
I'm sure we can find someone to turn the fire hose on him just before he crosses the border.

"Justin Bieber's video deposition of DOOM."
Posted by Estee on 03-10-14 at 03:06 PM
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/justin-bieber-four-part-video/

...wow.

Y'know, with a little less self-awareness, another ten years, and U.S. citizenship, he could be the junior Senator from Texas.

"RE: Justin Bieber's video deposition of DOOM."
Posted by kingfish on 03-11-14 at 08:55 AM
Another self-deluded jerk whose name is destined to become a verb.

Posted by Agman2 on 03-11-14 at 10:11 AM
He's a major POS!

Posted by Agman2 on 03-11-14 at 10:12 AM

Y'know, with a little less self-awareness,
another ten years, and U.S.
citizenship, he could be the
junior Senator from Texas.

God help us!!!

Posted by newsomewayne on 03-11-14 at 11:15 AM
Y'know, with a little less self-awareness, another ten years, and U.S. citizenship, he could be the POTUS.

I'm sure the error was typographical in nature.

Posted by Estee on 03-11-14 at 03:11 PM
Nah. I didn't say fifteen years.

Posted by Estee on 04-16-14 at 02:24 PM
So our sidebar says Miley Cyrus was hospitalized for a severe allergic reaction. And I was wondering how her handlers ever let her come into contact with reality.

Also: I posted this in the Sports section, but it bears repeating. To add to his lies about 'I'm running for X', 'I still have money', 'I can get any celebrity I want', 'My show isn't rigged', and 'I'm sane', Donald Trump has now declared that he wants to buy the Buffalo Bills. Apparently he has the Kraft family in his corner. And certainly the NFL would love to let in their next Al Davis, only without the self-restraint and occasional week without suing the league.

Do you think if no one paid attention to him for an entire week, he'd vanish?

"Celebrities Losing It: 2014 Rapper edition."
Posted by snidget on 04-16-14 at 04:35 PM
OUCH!

For all the guys, just cross your legs and cringe now so you are ready when the link opens.

So Drugs or Illness?

Tribe's Capital Retrieval and Bird Cage Emporium

"RE: Celebrities Losing It: 2014 Rapper edition."
Posted by tribephyl on 04-16-14 at 09:18 PM
Gender Identity Issue.
Still, not the right way to go about it. Hopefully now he'll get the counseling he desperately needs.

Posted by kingfish on 04-17-14 at 08:10 AM
Hope he can hold his pee for a while. That solution to a Gender ID problem is kinda inconvenient.

Posted by Estee on 04-17-14 at 08:32 AM
The articles I've seen have "sources" -- presumably people at the party -- claiming no drugs were involved. Not exactly a baseline neutral report.

On the other hand, imagine what has to be going through your head to do that while sober.

"Maybe she'd just shopped at Barney's?"
Posted by Estee on 05-13-14 at 08:01 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/solange-knowles-kicks-punches-claws-jay-z-met-gala-after-party-article-1.1789023

"On a related note..."
Posted by Estee on 05-20-14 at 03:31 PM
http://www.mediaite.com/online/pat-sajak-people-who-believe-in-climate-change-are-unpatriotic-racists/

...I have now officially watched my final episode of Wheel Of Fortune.

Posted by Estee on 06-27-14 at 12:05 PM
"There's a new Transformers movie out and I'm not in it!"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/26/showbiz/shia-labeouf-charged/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Maybe he was just screaming with sudden relief?

On a related note, I hope Peter Cullen is at least collecting a really big paycheck.

Posted by kingfish on 06-27-14 at 12:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-14 AT 01:09 PM (EST)

Quote from link:
"His alleged belligerence may have all been an act, just like the next apology the public can expect from him."

This says a lot. Shia is a bore.

"Justin Bieber supposedly saves a man's life."
Posted by Estee on 08-05-14 at 01:25 PM
Y'know, given that his entire public identity has basically degenerated into 'I am the worst person ever and would sooner die than perform even the most basic act of human decency', this just might cause him to suicide on the spot.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/fisherman-saved-from-deadly-bear-attack-by-his-justin-bieber-ringtone/

Also, we may have found a way to get rid of Putin.

"RE: Justin Bieber supposedly saves a man's life."
Posted by snidget on 08-06-14 at 09:05 AM
Does Steven Colbert know about this bear repellant?