URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 383
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I FELT CHEATED "

Posted by MONTREAL_FRANCOIS on 03-02-04 at 10:28 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

WHAT A LOUSY FINISH .

THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME EVER I GOT INTERESTED IN THIS TYPE OF SHOW AND NBC USED ME AND SOME OF YOU LIKE PUPPETS . WHEN SHE CRIED IN THE ARMS OF BRIAN I BOSTON I ALMOST BELEIVED SHE WAS SINCERE WITH HIM . THE TEAR DROP WERE THERE AND EVERITHY NEEDED TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE SHE HAD A REAL THING FOR HIM . I ONCE HAD A GIRL WHO CRIED IN MY ARMS SAYING THAT SHE HAD SOMETHING FOR ME , I BELEIVED HER .TWO MONTH AFTER SHE LEFT FOR BUSINESS IT WAS THE GET RID OFF THAT OLD RAG FEELING SHE HAD WHEN SHE CAME BACK ... FUNNY THAT IS .SO BRIAN I DO BELEIVE THAT YOUR NEW FOUND CONFIDENCE AND YOUR POSITIVE ATTITUDE WILL NOW BE A FANTASTIC ASSET FOR YOU NOW .ENJOY YOUR NEW FOUND POPULARITY .YOU MADE A BELEIVER OUT OF ME AND AS FOR THE REST THE FABIO FACTOR ,WHAT A LOUSY WAY TO CUT THE STRINGS ( WE ARE PUPPETS) IT WAS THE PRODUCERS WAY TO GET HER OUT WITHOUT ANY RESPONSABILITY .. THEY COULD HAVE DONE BETTER... THEY PROVED ME IT WAS A WRITTEN STORY SINCE THE BEGINING AND THEY KNEW THE FINISH FROM DAY ONE . NO MORE SHOW LIKE THIS FOR ME

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I FELT CHEATED "
Posted by RollDdice on 03-02-04 at 12:18 PM
Welcome to the boards, Francois.

I agree that Reality Show producers do try to use the characters (and the audience) as puppets. If the outcome is surprising or outrageous or ironic, we lvoe it. If not, we feel cheated.

But we still hang in there.

Mark "The Puppet Master" Burnett

"RE: We was played"
Posted by CarlosCruz on 03-02-04 at 12:48 PM
The producers scripted the whole thing. The day the himbos came into the house, Larissa looked at them like kid in a candy store. And then, they made us belive that she was eliminating one guy from each group. In real life, she would have got rid of the freaks in the first available chance. And then start the real eliminations while playing the field.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 03-02-04 at 02:19 PM
I agree I felt like a puppet just like everyone else that was on the show.

The worst moment to me was when they told Fredo to go in the submarine. They did that on purpose because they wanted Fredo to quit. They knew he would and he did. They got the final two they wanted. And call me a sucker but I was looking forward to last nights finale.

I will not watch Average Joes anymore and will not watch Adam Returns cause you can bank the same thing will happen there. Maybe this time with the role reversals.

I am done with all reality tv dating shows.

Haven't the networks learned from the Jenny Jones incident. Something like that will happen again.

Posted by schwa on 03-02-04 at 02:41 PM

>
>
>Haven't the networks learned from the
>Jenny Jones incident. Something
>like that will happen again.
>

Interesting comment. I had forgotten about that incident. It seems these shows really do exist for the purpose of exploiting the average joe. I hated to see Brian get hurt, he was such a genuine person. What's interesting to me though, is that while I can understand why a person would not fall in love with someone they are not attracted to, why are they so quick to fall in love with someone just because they are beautiful? What was so special about Gil anyway? He had ZERO personality.

Posted by RollDdice on 03-02-04 at 03:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

Someone in another AJ thresd put forth an interesting theory:

Brian was so genuine that Larissa didn't want to hurt his feelings. Gil knows what this is all about; be a "couple", do the press and try to advance your acting/modeling career.

Posted by wildchickenhunter on 03-02-04 at 03:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 03:17 PM (EST)

Why are you yelling?
None of us here wrote this crap. Hell, I didn't even watch it.....
I mean it was obvious from the commercials that the final twist was that she was born a man and had had a sex change operations....So now you feel cheated.....Its reality T.V. for crips sake....Its not supposed to be real.

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

Posted by RollDdice on 03-02-04 at 03:19 PM
Are you suggesting CAPITAL punishment, perhaps?