URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38290
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"People's Sexiest Man Alive"

Posted by CSHS79 on 11-21-13 at 05:04 PM
This year People voted Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive. True, he's not bad looking . However,if you look down the list of past winners with the exception of Sean Connery who won when he was 59
every winner has been somewhere between 30-40 when men are generally in top shape.
However, does being in your 60s or older mean you are no longer sexy? After all, Paul Newman is in his 60s if not older and he's in my opinion much sexier than Adam Levine. Then you have Johnny Crawford of The Rifleman fame and at 65 he is still HOT!!!!

Does anyone else agree with me?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: People's Sexiest Man Alive"
Posted by kingfish on 11-21-13 at 05:14 PM
Paul Newman can only compete for sexiest Dead man alive.

Agree about Levine. Ordinary.

Posted by CSHS79 on 11-21-13 at 05:18 PM
I just checked and you're correct Paul Newman died in 2008. My point is there are men in their 60s sexier than some of People's Sexiest Men Alive. So does any else agree?

Posted by Dakota on 11-21-13 at 10:36 PM
*raises hand and jumps up and down*
I agree. However, as incredibly sexy as some men might be in their 60's, they don't have the same widespread appeal of someone in their 30's or 40's. Same with a guy in his 20's -- he's too young to appeal to a lot of women -- so we're really stuck with the 30's and 40's it seems.

I also think there are better candidates than Adam Levine, but that's just my taste in men.

Tribe and Coco '13

Posted by CSHS79 on 11-22-13 at 04:29 PM
I guess to me the term Sexiest Man Alive falls into Lifetime Achievement Type honors. After all it's somewhat easy to be HOT in your prime but it's another to be HOT for a lifetime.

Posted by Dakota on 11-22-13 at 08:53 PM
I didn't think of it that way, but you're right. We should have our own contest.

I checked. Both Clooney and Denzel are over 50.

Tribe and Coco '13

Posted by CSHS79 on 12-03-13 at 01:31 PM
Currently they are in their 50s but not when they won. George won the award 2x,first time in 1997 when he had yet to reach 40 and the second time in 2006 when he was middle 40s. Denzel was still in his 40s when he won. Maybe People should really have a list instead of just top honors.

Posted by Dakota on 12-04-13 at 02:30 AM
They're still sexy. They should do age categories.

Tribe and Coco '13

Posted by kingfish on 12-04-13 at 09:34 AM
And species categories.

Posted by tribephyl on 12-04-13 at 05:44 PM
You have to take into consideration the source.
People magazine's readership falls 70% women and the average age of these women is 38. So the 30 - 40ish age range for sexy men seems appropriate for it's People's demographic. (Slightly cougarish.)

Alternately, I found a list of Sexiest Men over 50...(actor heavy, but that's to be expected from IMDB)

Please explain to me, in what universe do we live in where Leonard Nimoy is considered sexy?