URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38277
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dear Canada"

Posted by Snidget on 11-06-13 at 09:30 AM
We have done the crack smoking mayor thing. Sure it seems all exotic and exciting at first. But this does not end well.

And since when is "I was in a drunken stupor" an acceptable reason for doing crack cocaine or really much of anything. Is it routine or required for your mayors to be so drunk they have no idea what they are doing?

Worriedly yours
America

PS. If drunken stupor is what it takes to create a gov't that can implement its healthcare plan, please send booze.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"It's not real Canada"
Posted by IceCat on 11-06-13 at 09:39 AM

... it's Toronto.

"RE: Dear Canada"
Posted by Estee on 11-06-13 at 11:25 AM
I actually appreciate the directness here. If an American politician had done the same thing and had it discovered, the typical pattern would look something like this.

1. Denial.

2. Attempts to question, corrupt, or destroy the evidence.

3. Try to ruin the careers of everyone who brought the story to
light while firing everyone in the government involved with pressing the charges.

4. Invoke massive conspiracy against you, as opposed to the one you're trying to create in the name of getting out of this.

5. Realize there's no way out.

6. Discover Jesus.

7. Tear-filled apology press conference. Bring Jesus.

8. Refuse to resign or check into rehab because no one has that kind of power over you. Besides, you apologized. And you have Jesus, so everything's fine now.

9. Resign and check into rehab.

10. Appear on reality show.

11. Write biography, co-authored by Jesus.

12. Run for mayor of New York City.

Frankly, compared to that routine, 'I was drunk' is a relief.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-06-13 at 11:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-13 AT 11:38 AM (EST)

Just linking to my post from yesterday so there's some context...

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID6/38276.shtml#13

Here's an interesting factoid that I just saw this morning: The lead police investigator in the Ford case is an homicide detective, not a Drug Squad investigator. I think you can draw some inferences from that in light of the fact that two of the men pictured with Ford in that infamous photo at the crack house were both gunned down since that photo came out.

ETA - I'm also thinking that it's a pity that Chris Farley is no longer around. He'd be perfect to play Rob Ford in a movie.

Posted by Snidget on 11-06-13 at 12:34 PM
Can I blame a drunken stupor for the lime helmet?

Or was that the crack?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-06-13 at 12:48 PM
Nah, this type of topic deserved its own thread, so why don't we chop up that lime and make margaritas in a salute to Rob Ford for giving us all entertainment?

Posted by Snidget on 11-06-13 at 01:09 PM
I have a new cocktail shaker!

Posted by Estee on 11-06-13 at 05:26 PM
What a total and implausible coincidence which could have only been created by enemies trying to frame an innocent man.

...sorry, channeling a little of A-Fraud's defense team there.

Also, Photoshop.

"Rob Ford vs Chris Farley, the .gifs"
Posted by Snidget on 11-08-13 at 01:45 PM
http://www.funnyordie.com/lists/21607b711f/gifs-of-either-toronto-mayor-rob-ford-or-matt-foley-or-really-any-other-chris-farley-character

"RE: Rob Ford vs Chris Farley, the .gifs"
Posted by suzzee on 11-14-13 at 03:38 PM
Finally catching up, these were hilarious.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by kingfish on 11-06-13 at 11:41 AM
I am torn between responses.

"All mayors are on Crack.

Or

"All mayors should be on crack."

Or

"All mayors are in drunken stupors"

(etc.)

"Iron Sheik vs. Rob Ford"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-06-13 at 04:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-13 AT 05:27 PM (EST)

Yes. Just when you think things couldn't get any crazier... (alert: plenty of profanity in some of the links)

The Iron Sheik arrived in Toronto this morning and promptly went into a profane rant about Rob Ford:

The Iron Sheik ‏@the_ironsheik 17h

I land in the Toronto what the {F} the fat {F} mayor name here I want to find him {F} his {rear end} break his back make him humble

Reply Retweet Favorite

As the day goes on, more bon mots via Twitter...

--------------------------
The Iron Sheik ‏@the_ironsheik 3h

Rob Ford you have the balls to come to my roast http://www.ticketweb.ca/snl/Search.action?query=iron+sheik ... in the Toronto come so i can beat the {F} out of you
The Iron Sheik ‏@the_ironsheik 2h

Rob Ford I coming now to see you in the city hall. Get ready because I going to break your {F}ing back {F} your {rear end} make you humble
The Iron Sheik ‏@the_ironsheik 1h

Rob Ford i coming for you http://instagram.com/p/gYlUvKnk2H/
The Iron Sheik ‏@the_ironsheik 55m

{F} you Rob Ford http://instagram.com/p/gYqPKqnk87/

Then a few minutes ago... The Iron Sheik showed up at City Hall because he wanted to fight Rob Ford:

RT @KaleighRogers: The Iron Sheik says he challenges Mayor Ford to a fight. "I want him to know it's not a good thing he did!" #topoli http…
40 minutes ago Reply Retweet Favorite

Turns out it's an arm-wrestle challenge, not an actual physical fight...

Then there's this exchange between The Sheik and a security guard as transcribed by a reporter on the scene at City Hall:

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Running confrontation between city security guard Mike Toolaram and the Iron Sheik.
2:44 PM

Daniel Dale @ddale8
A city hall security guard has asked the Iron Sheik to calm down.
2:42 PM

TwitterDaniel Dale @ddale8
Sheik: "ROB FORD MISTER ROB FORD."
Reporter: "Who are you?"
Sheik: "I'm the Iron Sheik, WWE champion."
2:42 PM

"The Gravitational Pull of the Mayor's Crazy"
Posted by Snidget on 11-06-13 at 05:22 PM
is greater than the gravitational pull of his girth.

"RE: Iron Sheik vs. Rob Ford"
Posted by kidflash212 on 11-08-13 at 10:53 AM
The Iron Sheik is still around?

"RE: Iron Sheik vs. Rob Ford"
Posted by Estee on 11-08-13 at 11:43 AM
Yes, but as with many of the older wrestlers, there's not much left.

Warning: NSFW ahead.

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/iron-sheik--the-man-behind-the-mask-224707360.html

"Canadian Heritage Moment..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-06-13 at 08:07 PM

""All I can do is...""
Posted by cahaya on 11-08-13 at 10:34 AM
"... reassure the people that I don't know what to say," Ford told reporters. "It's extremely embarrassing. The whole world is going to see it. I don't have a problem with that."

He added, "Obviously I was extremely, extremely inebriated. That's all I have to say."

Ragtop Ride by foonermints

How reassuring!

"The Remix"
Posted by Snidget on 11-08-13 at 11:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Jy312JCUQ#t=12

"RE: The Remix"
Posted by Estee on 11-08-13 at 04:01 PM
Oooh, is that the one where he talks about having people murdered?

If not, did I just make you look for it?

"RE: The Remix"
Posted by Snidget on 11-08-13 at 04:38 PM
I can't recall if they mixed that into the song or not.

The poor co-host on the morning drive radio was tasked with reading the transcript of the having people murdered tape. Trying to self-bleep it during the reading just about did her in. She only made it about half way through before she said it wasn't worth getting the station fined.

"The gift that keeps on giving."
Posted by Estee on 11-15-13 at 08:32 AM
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/the-canadian-press/131114/more-pressure-after-latest-bombshells-embattled-toronto-mayo

"RE: The gift that keeps on giving."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-15-13 at 11:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-13 AT 11:50 AM (EST)

Here's the full money quote that was partially edited out of the article you linked to:

“...It says I wanted to eat her p***y and I have never said that in my life to her. I would never do that. I’m happily married and I’ve got more than enough to eat at home,” he said before heading up to council.

Way to bring your wife into the picture, Rob.

In related news, he said that and other bon mots while in council while wearing a Toronto Argonauts shirt. Later in the day, the Argos released a statement saying how displeased they were to have the mayor wearing their shirt and in not-so-many-words, asked him not to wear the shirt again.

Aaaaaand, guess who sent a message to Rob Ford yesterday to offer his support? Yes, Charlie Sheen.

Sigh. The three-ring circus is in full bloom!

Posted by Estee on 11-15-13 at 01:01 PM
Having Charlie Sheen offer his support is like having Miley Cyrus testify at your sanity hearing. There may be some incidental by-comparison benefit, but that's it. And when your city's team basically suggests you consider rooting for the opposition, Career Over. Not that I expect him to admit it. Or step down quietly if forced out. Or go at all...

It's obvious that he purchased his class at a 40% off sale, but... well, one question keeps coming up. This is the semi-personality who won the election. What was the loser like?

Posted by Snidget on 11-15-13 at 02:00 PM
Wikipedia says:

At the end of the campaign there were three major candidates who were included by the media in public opinion polls and mayoral debates: winner Rob Ford, Joe Pantalone, and George Smitherman

Pantalone's campaign emphasized continuance of the existing plans of the current administration...

Because that always works, usually people get the change bug eventually, so I'll do the same often doesn't work (even if the same is much better than what anyone else has to say).

Smitherman's campaign has been criticized for swaying first to the left and then the right.

And the only thing worse than more of the same is a flip-flopper?

More concerning to me is who or what is going to decide that if they drag Rob Ford to the final tribal council in 2014 they can't lose!

"Ford or Farley?"
Posted by AyaK on 11-19-13 at 01:25 AM
http://mashable.com/2013/11/16/rob-ford-chris-farley/

Posted by hasib on 11-19-13 at 08:52 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-13 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

Hi this is Hasib. Thanks for your post. Here I wanna share about new plugin which help you to recover your laptop. You may visit this site http://getteck.com/ComputerRepair.aspx>laptop repair center.

"Thanks hasib!"
Posted by foonermints on 11-19-13 at 09:29 AM
No relation to the mayor, are you?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Estee on 11-19-13 at 09:35 AM
Hello, Mr. Ford! It's so nice to see you already setting up your next career!

Posted by Snidget on 11-19-13 at 10:28 AM
I think the mayor needs a bit more than his laptop repaired.

Posted by Estee on 11-19-13 at 10:54 AM
Do we really need to know what the mayor thinks 'laptop repair' means?

Hint: he can get it at home.

Posted by Snidget on 11-19-13 at 10:57 AM
Wasn't that quote about his wife's laptop?

Posted by Estee on 11-19-13 at 11:28 AM
I'm sure he has a laptop of his own. And has shown it around to all his friends.

Also that his hard drive is corrupted.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-19-13 at 01:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-13 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

The USB port might be permanently closed, or perhaps the USB drive got a little bent after the off-the-cuff remarks the other day.

"On the wagon..."
Posted by cahaya on 11-19-13 at 11:09 AM
... with Jesus.

"You're done with alcohol now?" Mansbridge asked.

"Finished," Ford said.

"You'll never drink again?" Mansbridge said.

"Finished. I've had a come-to-Jesus moment, if you want to call it that."

What's finished, again?

"Put simply:"
Posted by Estee on 11-19-13 at 11:28 AM
See Thread Post #2.

"How fitting..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-19-13 at 07:58 PM

"RE: How fitting..."
Posted by byoffer on 11-19-13 at 10:27 PM
Bwahaha!!

I suspect the Leafs, just like the Argos, don't want Ford wearing their jersey!!

"Ford power strip."
Posted by Estee on 11-19-13 at 08:30 PM
...and now I'm gonna go throw up.

Okay, what I meant was that I heard the city council voted to strip him of his mayoral powers. How did he take it?

"RE: Ford power strip."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-19-13 at 08:39 PM
Not well. He steamrolled over an elderly female councillor while trying to bull-rush another councillor during the discussion before the vote to strip his powers.

And joke's on you guys tonight - he's being interviewed by Anderson Cooper tonight at 8 pm, and has been all over the U.S. media the past few days trying to spin his own story south of the border in an attempt to boost whatever he thinks he's going to accomplish from all this. He's rapidly turning into an uber-DAW and turning Toronto and the city council into a month-long Jerry Springer episode.

"RE: Ford power strip."
Posted by Estee on 11-19-13 at 09:21 PM
I don't think there's any turning involved here. He always had this in him: it just wasn't evident on this public level until now. And as for what he's accomplished... based on previous experience, I'd say he's locked up a Celebrity Apprentice spot.

I'll pass on watching the joke, thanks. I realize there's a chance of having Anderson punch him out, but I'm willing to chance missing it.

Posted by byoffer on 11-19-13 at 10:53 PM
Jean Claude Van Ford??

"The Rob Ford Movie"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-22-13 at 01:03 PM
You knew it was coming, didn't ya? Here's Chris Farley, reincarnated as Rob Ford!

Video from HuffPo: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/21/chris-farley-rob-ford-movie_n_4319144.html#slide=3134811
(There's a display of the top GIFs of Rob Ford on there, too)

"Election Day"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-27-14 at 09:01 PM
Yes, folks... it's Election Day here in Toronto!

In this corner, we've got John Tory, career politician and the early front-runner.

Over there, we've got Olivia Chow, widow of the late (and much beloved) Jack Layton.

And... last, but not least, we've got Doug Ford, brother of the infamous outgoing mayor, Rob Ford.

Rob was initially running again, but was diagnosed with cancer a month ago so he dropped out so Doug could carry the Ford Nation torch in the election. Doug has made a mockery of this election by backing out of several debates at the last minute over very minor quibbles and of the 11 key campaign issues, Ford has not made any proposals on 7 of them. Exactly why is he running, again?

And? The scary thing is that he's very much in the race to win. As if Toronto needs to be heavily mocked for another four years...

At the moment, the live results with plenty of ballots to come in:
John Tory - 358,000 votes (37%)
Doug Ford - 324,000 votes (33%)
Olivia Chow - 221,000 votes (23%)

Much too close for my comfort. Stay tuned.

"RE: Election Day"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-27-14 at 09:15 PM
And, what of Rob Ford, you say?

Sure, he's got cancer and is taking time off to battle it, but he's still running for a seat as councillor. No explaining the stupidity of the locals, but...

WARD BY WARD COUNCILLOR RESULTS
WARD 2
ETOBICOKE NORTH - COUNCILLOR

CANDIDATE VOTES RECEIVED % OF TOTAL
FORD, ROB 11,508 58.92 %
LAROCQUE, LUKE 2,149 11.00 %
DOMISE, ANDRAY 1,610 8.24 %
ABUKAR, MUNIRA 1,127 5.77 %
CARAVAGGIO, DAVID 756 3.87 %
CHAHAL, RANJEET 457 2.34 %
PATERSON, GARY 438 2.24 %
MALICK, ATAUL 310 1.59 %
LAGAKOS, THEO 299 1.53 %
CRONKITE, DOUG 269 1.38 %
GARCIA, MICHELLE 248 1.27 %
ADEOBA, BENN 162 0.83 %
SINGH, GEORGE 142 0.73 %
BUENO-BRADLEY, EDMUND 57 0.29 %
TOTALS 19,532 100%

Boy, that's a LOT of people running for one riding.

"Disaster averted..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-27-14 at 09:47 PM
With 1764 of 1767 polls reporting in, John Tory has been declared as the winner and will be the next Mayor of Toronto, currently leading 40% to 33%.

Rob Ford has won his ward, so there'll be a Ford in council, but at least he's not running the whole show.

Go away, Fords.