URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 382
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"One Apprentice 6 challenge public"

Posted by AyaK on 12-08-06 at 06:16 PM
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374965

Apparently, the Apprentice 6 teams did a challenge on behalf of GNC at the halftime of an LA Galaxy game. The thread, which links to a BigSoccer.com message board, discusses the two bad presentations, with the second one apparently being much worse (in the fans' view).

Here's a description, borrowed from the linked thread.

GNC had two "Skits" which were shown on the field, each lasted about 4-5 minutes. The first one was supposed to show "Joe Normal" guy in a boxing or wrestling rink, running out of energy to fight, and then he gets some kind of help from GNC supplements and all of a sudden he wins his match. Whoever the announcer was had to try to get the fans to chant "Go GNC" or something like that. We thought that was pretty bad, but then they brought out a second skit.

This one had people in outfits that were like GNC supplement bottles, and they had an obstacle course that was supposed to show how the GNC supplements could help you go faster or something. Then there was a point where the people/supplements were running through a blocked artery or something. But the worst part of the second skit was that the two girls/women who were announcing had the most earsplitting, shrieky voices you can imagine. It was sheer torture just listening to them.

Then, at the end the fans were supposed to hold up a colored card to indicate which team/skit was better. Everyone was so disgusted that they didn't vote. So if this was a contest for the Apprentice, they'll have to do some really creative editing to show any of it and not make everyone look like fools (unless that was the intent). * * * *

It looked like the GNC Laff-a-lympics. They had giant pills running an obstacle course, basically. Who was supposed to be winning what was a mystery to me. If I had known it was for The Apprentice....no, I still would have hated it. But I could at least have carried on my one-man war to get George Ross back on the air. No, there's no reason for you to care who George Ross is. * * * *

That was embarassing. I had friends who had never seen a soccer match in person before. First the game was sloppy and then this sh!t, what the f. Very embarrasing and horrible. I wanted to shoot that chick from the second skit, very fing annoying. * * * *

These were amateurish. Grossly amateurish.

And in the second one, there was a woman MC who had a high pitched voice, and she screamed into the microphone. The sound system pumped it up to ear-splitting levels and it was painful to be in the stands.

You know, there is a real good reason people do not give 11 year old girls bullhorns for their birthday. Picture a fingernail scratching a blackboard, amped up to mega-wattage. * * * *

It was amateur, like two losing ideas on the Trump show. To call high school level is an insult to high school kids. And unfortunately they got full volume $5M sound system to yell at us. The last lady screeched so loud and high that she got applause as her voice started to break...but alas she kept going. She may have won as the kids in the lower level either are immune to being yelled at, or didn't know which side of the card to show towards the field. I really expected her to pull zero votes, however the other boxing skit was less painful but devoid of entertainment.

So, if we can identify the shrill-voiced woman, we'll know she survives to the GNC promotion.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: One Apprentice 6 challenge public"
Posted by Estee on 12-09-06 at 05:02 PM
Yet another pair of genius ideas brought to you by the best business minds in America.

Sounds like this one has the potential to be another 'everyone into the Boardroom!' fiasco, or at least 'everyone under the giant pool umbrella.' Now that we know the entire thing svcking svcked, we can also look for some major editing if anyone happens to just barely win this thing. It might be to Donald's advantage to declare this one as a double-loss, though -- with the new 'you lead until you lose' PM policy, it would let him switch out (and possibly dump) any long-timer that he was starting to get sick of.

Let's just hope this isn't the first task. If it is, we're in for a very long season.

Great find. Now are we the only ones who still even remotely pretend to care?

"RE: One Apprentice 6 challenge public"
Posted by mysticwolf on 12-19-06 at 08:19 PM
Nope. DH & I will pretend to care, at least until we've seen some of it. I'm just not foolish enough to publicly declare that I'll do a summary again.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary
I lost my summary virginity to The Hair, and you were the only one to notice. Thank God. No need to repeat my mistake.

"Lawyers out there...why the Apprentice?"
Posted by Palm Tree on 12-24-06 at 04:13 PM
Would it be different if instead of lawyers, there where people who actually DO work for Advertising, Management, Business related careers and such!!! WHY?

Who is wrong here? ...so, WHY and WHO??

Where are the challenges that actual Lawyers can have and show us well thought out and organized proyects! or to work for legal related business for the Trump Organization (if that makes any sense) ... so, WHY, WHO, and WHERE???

The changes made are just not enough for a good show, the Candidates chosen are not the ideal for the kind of challenges given to them, thats not fair for THEM or for US, even though those same candidates sent their applications does it make it right to actually pick them...is not about rejections, is about looking for The Best to be given the title of Apprentice to a Trump Company, is this they way the Trump Organization works to hire people? I think not, right?

Its a world gone mad!!!

"Bump."
Posted by Estee on 02-12-07 at 11:48 AM
I think we may be getting close to this one (as you still need a fair number of contestants to pull off that pill race), and the field for 'shrill-voiced woman' is narrowing down.

"Bump again"
Posted by Chez on 03-05-07 at 12:13 PM
It looks as if this competition will be next week. Since the one team is all femaile that should help us figure out which performance is which.