URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 382
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"MONK"

Posted by Puffy on 02-19-05 at 10:46 AM
I love Monk. I didn't discover Monk until it started winning awards and I wondered, "What is this 'Monk'?" We giggle and laugh and guess all through the show. Does anyone know why the actress who played Sharona is no longer on the show? I like the Natalie character, but am just wondering about Sharona.

A SyrenŽOriginal

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: MONK"
Posted by Smooth23 on 02-19-05 at 09:57 PM
I beleive she quit for some reason. The story on the show is that she just moved across the country to get away from monk, without telling him or anything.

Posted by Loree on 02-19-05 at 10:17 PM
On the show they said she remarried her ex and moved back east.

Posted by janisella on 08-19-05 at 12:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Bitty Schram left over a money dispute. After being nominated for an Emmy, she asked for more money and the show didn't want to give it to her.

I like the new assistant, she's not Sharona, but she's actually better for Monk. What I like best about her is the writers didn't try to clone Sharona.

Did anyone watch last week when Natalie spotted Trudy in a restaurant? In a short time, Natalie has become as attached to and protective of Adrian as the captain is. It was a great show of friendship.

Posted by okaychatt on 02-20-05 at 05:28 AM
<Sharona.

It's my understanding that the producers wanted a new story line, so they fired the actress playing Sharona.

I think the new character and Monk will form a love interest. She's softer than Sharona, but I liked Sharona's sassiness. She was a fuller character than the new nurse.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by Majic Mitch on 08-18-05 at 08:17 AM
I wonder if they got new writers too, when they the Sharona actress go. This last season hasn't been nearly as good as the previous. This new chick is too whiney, and I really hate the Mister Monk, just call him Adrian....

Posted by I_AM_HE on 02-21-05 at 03:52 PM
I've only seen a few episodes, but it is a very funny show. don't get USA here, but when I was down in Corpus this weekend I accidentally caught an epi in the hotel. I also wondered who his new nurse/partner was and where the old one had gone off to. I didn't really "like" the Sharona character but must admit it played off of Monk's brilliantly

Posted by Surveysez on 02-24-05 at 12:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-05 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

I enjoy watching Monk, too. Since most detecting show find it impossible to resist telling us all about who did what to who, I find that at least Monk will take me on a ride to find out how to prove it. His character's quirks do add to the show. I loved an older episode where he and Sharona had to pretend to be married at a retreat.

ETA correct spelling.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 02-24-05 at 07:06 PM
hah! that was the first ep i ever saw! brilliant!

Posted by Smooth23 on 02-24-05 at 07:39 PM
First episode I ever saw was one of the season premiers (2?)that they aired on ABC instead of USA, their little ploy worked on me =/

"Get your hankies......"
Posted by okaychatt on 03-06-05 at 11:04 PM
.......Last Friday's episode of Monk was a sweetly sad one. If only he could get his OCD under control - what a father he would make.

Tony Shaloub is a good actor. No wonder he's won Emmy's.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion..

"RE: Get your hankies......"
Posted by HuckleberryHound on 03-07-05 at 02:58 PM
This is one of the funniest shows on TV.
I never thought Shalhoub could be in a role like this.

BTW, has anyone seen the cool Kojak commercials they've been airing during the show?

"RE: Get your hankies......"
Posted by Puffy on 03-13-05 at 02:39 AM
I SO wanted him to keep the little boy. Actually, the little boy helped him to control the OCD...rolling on the grass and telling the new foster mom to let him get dirty... That was one of the best episodes!

A SyrenŽOriginal
ŠSyren Creations, 2005

Posted by Loree on 03-07-05 at 03:06 PM
Mike Boogie from BB was in an episode of Monk in February. I didn't see the ep. But he was gambling at a roulette table.