URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38160
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Question is answered"

Posted by Molaholic on 07-22-13 at 03:43 PM
BBC has broken the news, and it will be formally and officially announced by Buckingham Palace in a few moments, but the Royal Baby is a banana.

It will be some days before name is announced.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Question is answered"
Posted by AyaK on 07-22-13 at 03:48 PM
Why is this news, when Uncle Harry let everyone know the gender months ago?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/kate-middleton-baby-prince-harry-1870544

"Slow News Day?"
Posted by foonermints on 07-22-13 at 03:53 PM
There aren't any riots slated for Trayvon at the moment.

Posted by Snidget on 07-22-13 at 03:55 PM
Only news in that all the "journalists" who have been on forced vigil like a Texas Senator in pink sneakers fillibustering for what is it two weeks can now go home, take showers and sleep.

Posted by Puffy on 07-22-13 at 04:08 PM
I was thinking that the journalists were having nice vacations in London while they wait.

Posted by Snidget on 07-22-13 at 04:18 PM
Seems like the few I saw were expected to stand in one spot as their photographers procured bigger and longer ladders so they could report every 5 minutes that they had nothing to report.

I'm sure they sight-saw the heck out of that one street.

Posted by dabo on 07-22-13 at 03:56 PM
Traffic would be my guess, anything to put "update" on something.

Anyone who has the name John in the betting pool should have known better.

Posted by Starshine on 07-22-13 at 05:14 PM
It's almost 800 years ago now, let's let bygones be bygones.

George is my guess

Yes my home town is getting a scrubbing ready for the huge influx of American lawyers in 2 years time

"Foonermints:"
Posted by foonermints on 07-22-13 at 03:52 PM
Cheated again by reincarnation.

I'm just not ready yet!
Stupid roulette wheel.
My luck I'll come back as wart hog or something. Not something cool like a badger. No no no..

Posted by Estee on 07-22-13 at 03:54 PM
I look forward to the first attempt from Rupert Murdock to break into the kid's room and get those exclusive pictures along with an interview to take out of context, not to mention tabloid stories claiming the prince assaulted the doctor.

Should we reasonably expect the name to be something along the lines of Media Victim #1? Because despite the life of comfort awaiting this kid, there are few fates I would wish less on someone than to be an instant celebrity from delivery on in the Age Of Instagram. Everyone around him a reporter, every person going for that exclusive story, gossip spreading at the speed of 4G -- to start. He is screwed -- and there's no way out of it.

Posted by kingfish on 07-22-13 at 04:05 PM
I think it was to deflect the current baby news from Kim K.

My prediction is that a tweet of her junk (please, have a modicum of decency, not her baby's) will 'accidentally' be sent to the media which will propel her back to the top in that competition.

"I need blood samples"
Posted by foonermints on 07-22-13 at 04:43 PM
Who's to say it wasn't me hiding in the woodpile?

I fixed somebody's plumbing once, too..

Your Happy foonerhandyman©

Posted by Puffy on 07-22-13 at 04:10 PM
Figures that I'd get the news from OT rather than the TV.

"RTW, It's Time to Vote!"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-22-13 at 05:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-13 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

In the time-honoured tradition of this site, it's time to vote.

What will the baby's name be?

Leading candidates based on scuttlebutt and the bookies:
- James
- Alexander
- George
- Charles
- John
- Phillip
- Edward
- Richard
- Louis
- any others you can think of

Bonus if you can come up with a middle name or two as well.
William's full name is William Arthur Philip Louis and his father is Charles Philip Arthur George.

Incidentally... my sister was there in London in the throng outside of the hospital when William was born. She and her husband had just moved to London a month earlier for his job.

"RE: RTW, It's Time to Vote!"
Posted by Starshine on 07-22-13 at 05:26 PM
James - A possibility, however James VIII will confuse the English
Alexander - And Alexander IV will positively flummox them.
George - A popular name, if the bairn is christened George then will Charles still chose that as a regnal name?
Charles - Unlikely
John - Prince John from the 1920's has had some publicity, would be John II in both England and Scotland
Phillip - A little too Spanish
Edward - I think his Great Uncle would discourage this
Richard - I like the idea,
Louis - Please no more arguments on if England has had a King Louis or not

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-22-13 at 05:36 PM
No argument from me... but it seems that Louis took over England and wasn't officially recognized as king for some reason but some history books record him as King Louis I before he went on to become King Louis the 8th of France. By my book, he was the King of England even if unofficially.

Posted by kingfish on 07-22-13 at 07:34 PM
King Fish?

Come on, that's not even in the running?

What kind of world is this?

"Well"
Posted by foonermints on 07-22-13 at 08:00 PM
"Foonermints" isn't even close, either.

Plus, it could be my DNA!

I'm calling the baby "Fooner3. "Fooner Cubed" sounds better than "Hashtag" anyday.

I also refuse to name the baby "Umlaut" because the Deutchländer heritage might not be pure.

"RE: Well"
Posted by Dakota on 07-23-13 at 07:02 PM
Plus, it could be my DNA!
Reliable sources report that Kate and Pipa looked at each other, laughed and said in unison "No. No it really couldn't." There was giggling.

Agman's Spring Fling '12.3

"GAH!"
Posted by foonermints on 07-23-13 at 08:53 PM
Insolence!

By the Gods I will hear no more!

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-22-13 at 07:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-13 AT 11:09 PM (EST)

Arthur,

Steven,

David,

or

Solomon

It would keep people talking anyway.

Posted by Karchita on 07-24-13 at 03:35 AM
Kong.

Because then he could be King Kong and that would be really cool.

Posted by dabo on 07-22-13 at 06:50 PM
- Alfred
- Francis
- Harold
- Lawrence
- Randall
- Victor

Posted by Snidget on 07-22-13 at 07:22 PM
Hayden Aiden Jayden Zayden Xavier Liam.

Posted by Georjanna on 07-22-13 at 08:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-13 AT 08:22 PM (EST)

George
Michael
Spencer
Philip

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-22-13 at 09:40 PM
If that's the actual name order, the baby will grow up to be nicknamed 'Wham!'

Posted by Dakota on 07-23-13 at 07:05 PM
Wake me up before you go go...

Agman's Spring Fling '12.3

Posted by Molaholic on 07-23-13 at 00:38 AM
I have to wonder just how much tradition the Cambridges will want to follow. In the past 20 years or so there have been quite a few names that would have shocked earlier generations (Zara Phillips, the Queen's first born grandchild; Savannah and Isla Phillips, grandchildren of Princess Anne & the Queen's other great-grandchildren; Xan and Cosima Windsor, grandchildren of the Queen's cousin) granted, they're all well down the list on the Royal Succession, but it has established a trend.

I'm going with a more traditional name (George or James). I doubt they'll use something "new" (like Louis) because the last new reign name for a King was George I in 1714 (and that was because they had to import a new king from Hannover). I do think Spencer will be in there someplace.

Of course, considering the longevity of the current batch of the House of Windsor, it may be 60+ years before the lad gets the job. The Queen is still going strong at 87 (her mother hit the century mark) and William is not one for the idle lifestyle of earlier monarchs.

Posted by Starshine on 07-23-13 at 02:29 PM
Isla is a good traditional Scottish name, and Cosima has been around a while as well.

Charles really admired Louis Mountbatton, so I must admit that I was very surprised that Wills or Harry wasn't named Louis after him.

"Current Odds"
Posted by Starshine on 07-23-13 at 05:17 AM

2/1 George
7/2 James
8/1 Alexander
12/1 Henry
12/1 Louis
14/1 Richard
16/1 Albert
16/1 Arthur

20/1 Bar

Lovely cheese Mooney

Where are Voice of the Beehive when we need them?

"RE: Current Odds"
Posted by cahaya on 07-23-13 at 04:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-13 AT 07:09 PM (EST)

You have to give these chaps some credit, for placing odds on anything odd and even.

A royal agman creation

Who knows what name they will give their heir child!

British bookmakers Ladbrokes have James as favorite, followed by Henry and George, Philip, Alexander and Richard.

"RE: Current Odds"
Posted by Molaholic on 07-24-13 at 00:24 AM
Interesting tid-bit. MSN has included a clip of William's debut on the same steps back in 1982. At the time, he also did not have a name. The host mentioned the bookies dealing with potential names - with George and James the favorites (William was not even mentioned). So I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Posted by DearAbby on 07-24-13 at 01:34 PM
I predict George Alexander Louis.

What?

Readin' with tribephyl

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-24-13 at 02:42 PM
This will have the Seinfeld folks beaming proudly.

George Louis Costanza is the full name of the character and he's played by Jason Alexander

Posted by dabo on 07-24-13 at 02:55 PM
The prince's sexting name is Ernesto Menace.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-25-13 at 12:27 PM
So when Charles ascends to the throne will we have a King George and a Prince George? I've read that Charles had planned to take the name of King George.

Posted by Georjanna on 07-25-13 at 05:04 PM
Like a great many Americans, I adore the spectacle associated with the British monarchy. And, because I do - and because we seem to be fresh out of gilded carriages and eight-hundred-year-old wedding aisles - I am grateful that its subjects have supported its continuance and fearful that at some point - fed up with a thoroughly discordant batch of royal offspring like Prince Charles, Princess Anne and Prince Andrew (less Edward) - they might just scrap the whole lovely, gaudy thing.

So ...

Since Queen Elizabeth has declared that she will relinquish the crown only upon her death and since, by then, Prince Charles will probably be in his seventies, I think that - assuming that Prince William, his wife and their progeny are as reassuringly popular then as they are now - it would be really helpful if the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall graciously retired - crownless - to a spare castle or two immediately following the Queen's demise and King William's impossibly grand and impeccably costumed coronation.

It does seem to me, after all, that that is the least Camilla's swain could do to insure that his weirdly pompous endearments featuring his fervent desire to take up residence in his true-love's knickers and the regrettable circumstantial images that followed are never officially - enthroned.

Note: I remember watching Her Majesty's coronation and, even in black and white, it was glorious.

"Hooray!"
Posted by Georjanna on 07-25-13 at 03:10 AM
Another Royal G!eorge

Posted by Puffy on 07-23-13 at 02:19 PM
Penelope Cruz had a baby girl the same day. Perhaps we can make a match?

Posted by kingfish on 07-23-13 at 04:30 PM
Penelope and me?

Posted by moonbaby on 07-23-13 at 02:51 PM
1-Gerald, but his friends and family will call him Geraldo.

Posted by jbug on 07-23-13 at 03:35 PM

Posted by Puffy on 07-24-13 at 08:35 PM
If not Penelope Cruz's daughter, then how about marrying off little George to Jimmy Fallon's newborn baby girl? By the way, there's some controversy about how William put the baby in the car seat. They didn't unswaddle him so he could be strapped in.

Posted by kingfish on 07-25-13 at 08:02 AM
Rookie.