URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3815
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Why carry the gnome?"

Posted by tjcrew on 05-04-09 at 08:53 AM
Whenever the teams have had to carry the gnome before, someone won something depending on which gnome they had. I never saw any reason last night for carting the gnome around, other than giving Travelocity more publicity. Did I miss something?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Why carry the gnome?"
Posted by jbug on 05-04-09 at 09:06 AM
The first time they used the gnome, there was a prize on one of them.
Last season I think they carried them to the PS, but there was no prize involved.
So, yea, probably just product placement for travelocity.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-04-09 at 09:31 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-09 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

I think they were hoping for fireworks between two teams -- something like Jen saying, "Luke, see if you understand this without needing sign language... bend over and let me show you what this gnome could be used for!"

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

Posted by Cyndimaus on 05-04-09 at 09:54 AM
Perhaps they were hoping a team would forget their gnome somewhere and have to go back to get it (or get a time penalty) Otherwise the gnome was pointless from a gameplay standpoint. (but obviously not from an advertising point of view)

Sigs by Cyg

Posted by Max Headroom on 05-04-09 at 10:03 AM
Cara and Jaime did forget their gnome, but they ran back and got it before leaving the street food roadblock site. I wonder if they would've gotten a time penalty if they showed up at the mat without it?

Posted by featherfish81 on 05-05-09 at 04:05 PM
I don't think they would have been allowed to check in. They would have to go back and get it, like Kisha/Jen had to do with their travel documents. That could have been interesting, if they didn't remember where they had left it.

Posted by Snidget on 05-04-09 at 10:08 AM
I don't think they always read us all the directions. There have been several times, if I recall correctly, they've had to bring something to the mat that is just something they have to carry around the whole time.

"Yeah"
Posted by shimane22 on 05-04-09 at 05:14 PM
Such as "No chicken, no check-in" in Burkina Faso on Season 12.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 05-05-09 at 04:01 PM
I think they were hoping Jaimie would poke her cabbie in the eye with it and get some sensationalistic publicity for the show.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl