URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38122
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"In Texas, even our crazy is big."

Posted by kingfish on 06-11-13 at 10:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-13 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

I don’t live in Texas any more, but my heritage is partially of Texas, and I’m very proud and defensive about that.

"Remember the Alamo" still brings tears of pride.

However, there’s no denying that there is a lot of craziness there, and a goodly number of crazy people.

This article nails the schizoid nature of the laws and of some of the inhabitants.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/10/opinion/moore-texas-craziness/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: In Texas, even our crazy is big."
Posted by kidflash212 on 06-11-13 at 12:26 PM
How is shooting someone at night different from shooting someone during the day?

Posted by Snidget on 06-11-13 at 12:45 PM
Like criminals are out and about during daylight, .

Is this another example of the Texas mythos that some people just need killin' and if they need it, you can't be convicted for givin' it to 'em?

The question is, if the prostitute shoots the John because he won't pay up and is walking off with her money would she be convicted? Assuming you can find a prostitute that doesn't require the money be paid up front.

Posted by foonermints on 06-11-13 at 01:15 PM
Isn't that called an ex wife?

*runs away*

Posted by foonermints on 06-11-13 at 01:04 PM
They're harder to hit, unless you've got night vision.

duh.
*steals Kidflash's rack of ribs*

Posted by Dakota on 06-13-13 at 01:37 PM
Thoughts on Texas

It's the only State that knows how to be a country.
They have attitude.
They have their own style of music, often called Red Dirt.
Only Texas can compete with New York in the categories of Pride, Talking Smack and Crazy.
They're polite, as in "Yes Ma'am, I'd like to tear your clothes off, if ya don't mind."

You Can't Get the Hell Out of Texas (it's the hell raising capital of the earth)

Posted by cahaya on 06-13-13 at 07:26 PM
And lip-smacking beef short BBQ ribs and going out to watch the rodeo afterward!

I've been to Texas twice, once to visit my sister in San Antonio and another time to visit a friend of mine who worked at HP. Both trips home were long hauls, almost half the trip itself in Texas. My favorite road trip memory was listening to the Cowboys vs Oilers game while heading up north, cruising along at 80 mph with a CB radio on the dash.

Ragtop Ride by foonermints

Driving a green Ford with a CB antenna on top, my handle was the Green Hornet.

Posted by Dakota on 06-14-13 at 00:32 AM
They say that visitors to Texas don't realize how far you can drive and STILL be in Texas. Glad you had something to listen to. I'd need Sirius/XM.

Agman's Spring Fling '12.2

Posted by kingfish on 06-14-13 at 08:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-13 AT 08:35 AM (EST)

Austin provides the music.

From the northern tip of the Texas Panhandle to Matamoros at the southern tip is about 900 miles.

As is the distance from Shreveport La (on the east Texas border) to El Paso Texas (at the western tip of Texas).

Just getting to San Antonio from either direction is a haul. Really beautiful city though, especially if you like the Mexican flavor. And I do.

And stopping for BBQ, seafood, or Tex-Mex is a delight.

Posted by cahaya on 06-14-13 at 10:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-13 AT 10:55 PM (EST)

Yup, the Cowboys-Oilers game, all three plus hours of it, lasted less than half of the stretch through Texas from San Antonio. I flipped through AM and FM and caught Johnny Winter and SRV long plays on the dial, meanwhile with CB chatter in the background, drafting an 18-wheeler going 80 to 85 up north, with an open six-pack on the passenger's floorboard. Way over the limit, we blew by an interstate highway patrol car parked at an overcrossing, but I think he was waitin' for anyone flyin' by at over ninety or a hundred.

Ragtop Ride by foonermints