URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38111
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Summer Movie"

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-31-13 at 01:22 PM
Seems like the summer movie season has begun. With the temperature reaching 90 degrees already, an air conditioned movie theatre sounds nice. What to see?

Now You See Me might have potential. The cast looks good and magicians staging bank robberies is something new.

Man of Steel - a must see for me.

After Earth - I think I'd rather sit through Battlefield Earth then watch this ode to nepotism. M Night Shymalanmanamnmnmnm directing Will Smith's desperate attempt to make his son a star - not even for 99 cents off Netflix.

Fast & Furious 6 - having lived without viewing 1-5, I can skip this.

World War Z - For some reason I want to see this. I may have a screw loose.

Any others?

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Summer Movie"
Posted by kingfish on 05-31-13 at 02:25 PM
That sounds about right to me.

Also got a couple of Jim Jarmusch movies for home viewing.

Posted by dabo on 05-31-13 at 02:49 PM
Star Trek Into Darkness

Monsters University

Turbo

Posted by Estee on 05-31-13 at 02:56 PM
I can't see Turbo. I passed a billboard on a local highway which had the lead character making the Dreamworks Face. On a snail. I'm pretty sure the entire movie was ruined for me right there.

Posted by dabo on 05-31-13 at 05:05 PM
Well, what did you expect?

Posted by Estee on 05-31-13 at 05:16 PM
After seeing that, I expect to have a headache for the next four days.

Posted by Molaholic on 05-31-13 at 03:49 PM
Man of Steel - Odds are high (even if the spoilers about an alternate beginning storyline are accurate)

Monsters U - Yes.

ST: Into Darkness A devoted Trekker I -- and the alternate Trek universe won't fly. Sorry.

That about covers it for me.

Posted by bondt007 on 06-01-13 at 11:09 AM
"...ST: Into Darkness A devoted Trekker I -- and the alternate Trek universe won't fly. Sorry..."

I'm with you on the Dodgers - but sorry, this film was excellent. And I've been watching Trek from the beginning. Go see it.

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

Posted by cahaya on 05-31-13 at 06:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-13 AT 06:27 PM (EST)

Summer movies means to me whatever is showing in the outdoor theaters at night. Two movies for the price of less than one, although the screen and sound quality is different. Pull out the lawn chairs, cooler full of sodas and water, snacks in the picnic basket and it's less than $20 for a family in a car to watch a whole night of movies under the stars, whatever is showing.

Posted by foonermints on 06-02-13 at 10:37 PM
Drive in movies?! You live in a very cool place.

Me? The cool stuff is in The Hollywood Bowl. A little more expensive, though. We might get there once or twice this Summer.

Immediately stolen from an unknowing Tribey.
Who am I? Midas?

Posted by kingfish on 06-03-13 at 09:11 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-03-13 AT 09:15 AM (EST)

I haven't seen or known about an active drive in movie in many years. But after a curiosity Google, apparently there is one about 50 miles away.

And Tribey always knows. He lurks.

Posted by foonermints on 06-03-13 at 11:16 AM
So with gas prices and your 10mpg Monster Truck, just add on another $50 to the price, not counting admission, boiled hot dogs and rubbery popcorn.

Plus you get a door prize to add to your collection!

Posted by tribephyl on 06-16-13 at 03:26 PM
tis true...

Posted by SOAR64 on 06-04-13 at 07:53 AM
Thanks for bring up momories about drive in movies. My memories go back to the 1950's. My dad would load all of our family into his station wagon, and off to the drive in on a Friday night. Back then, the price for an entire car was only 99 cents plus tax. We also would take our snacks with us. But some how we would convince our Dad to make a trip to the refreshment stand to buy some additional snacks (Hot Dogs, and Pickle on a stick). If we got to the drive in early enough, they would come around and clean our windshield. Years later, my future wife and I (Now married 45 years), would spend many an evening at the drive in. I remember that I had a small battery powered record player which I would place in the backseat so we could listen to the latest music.

Posted by byoffer on 06-02-13 at 09:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-13 AT 09:23 PM (EST)

Now You See Me has me intrigued, as I quite enjoy magic. One review I read says that the problem with all the CGI in movies now is that magic seems too easily faked.

After Earth also got a poor review, saying that Will Smith is deferring too much to his son, who isn't strong enough to carry a big movie.

Posted by kidflash212 on 06-03-13 at 12:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-04-13 AT 10:26 AM (EST)

Poor reviews is putting it kindly. After Earth is looking like a sure fire Razzy nominee.

Posted by dabo on 06-03-13 at 02:44 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/31/after-earth-reviews_n_3368040.html?ir=Entertainment

'After Earth' Reviews: 9 Scathing Responses To Will Smith's Sci-Fi Blockbuster

Posted by Brownroach on 06-04-13 at 00:44 AM
It also tanked at the box office on opening weekend.

"Warning: Ironman 3"
Posted by foonermints on 06-02-13 at 10:15 PM
I fall asleep a lot. Or was it the Tequila?

Sure. I'm crowbait. I was pretty tired. First movie I've seen in about 3 years. I guess you really have to get into these things.

Posted by personofinterest on 06-03-13 at 09:31 AM
Right now I am interested in World War Z. I like Mireille Enos and David Morse. And Brad Pitt has his moments. So this one is probably on my list.

I also live in an area with Drive In theaters. Maybe I will be lucky and WWZ will show with something else interesting.

Posted by kidflash212 on 06-05-13 at 10:31 AM
I miss Drive Ins, the last one around here closed years ago. I believe my last drive in movie was Batman Returns with Danny Devito and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Posted by suzzee on 06-03-13 at 03:16 PM
This weekend at the 49er Drive in:

Epic & Star Trek

I have no problem watching Vin Diesel. fyi (does that make me shallow?) tough noogies

I should be watched....closely.

"Elysium"
Posted by foonermints on 06-16-13 at 12:29 PM
Well, that looks pretty dorky.

Warning: foonermints!!! It is perfect for you. God will forgive the complete waste of two hours of your beautiful life.