URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 381
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A star for Ryan Seacrest?"

Posted by Ellehcar71 on 04-21-05 at 04:17 PM
He really got a star on the Walk of Fame? That whole segment was kind of tongue-in-cheek, but when it was done, I believe he really did get a star. He really belongs there among Paul Newman, Jack Nicholson, etc...? Sure.

Anybody know the criteria to get one? I'm guessing it must be a little like "Who's who..." which I was invited to be in for the right price (undeservedly so - I'm not bragging!) I think everyone I knew was invited. Maybe all "stars" are invited for the right price.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A star for Ryan Seacrest?"
Posted by Ricky on 04-21-05 at 04:21 PM
Yeah, I think he really got a star. It would have been a good Punk'd episode though. Maybe they can Punk Randy.

Does Paula have a star ?

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

Posted by geg6 on 04-22-05 at 11:31 AM
Anyone who has been in show business for at least five years can be nominated for a star. Once accepted, someone (the person who nominated or the star, whoever...) has to pay a fee (not sure how much, but certainly more than $10,000 or so) and then you get a star.

They are all bought and paid for, and not by the entity that actually bestows the stars. It's really only ever been about publicity, not an award of any kind. That's why loads of people have stars and only a few have Oscars, Emmys, or Grammys.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Posted by Spidey on 04-22-05 at 11:55 AM
It's like the brick I bought for my mom at Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta.

Only way more expensive.