URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38089
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Wednesday mind wanderings"

Posted by Molaholic on 05-15-13 at 01:00 PM
We've got a weird bell schedule today and I've got a nice little two-hour break with no students (of course, karma rears its head tomorrow when I'll have my most monstrous group for two solid hours...)

Anywho ---

Have you ever found out that you were almost related to somebody you knew from something else? Last night at the Dodger game I saw my cousin's husband (and their oldest) coming down the stairs right in my section -- they were meeting his cousin, who is a fellow member of the L.A. Dodger Booster Club. That means we share a group of second cousins (my cousin's five kids). Weird, ain't it?

The other day some of the kids in my class were telling me that "today is Opposite Day!". So I told them, "Well, if you tell me that it's Opposite Day, that must mean that it isn't Opposite Day." Confused them plenty good, that did.

I've been watching that late '50s classic "Perry Mason" lately -- isn't amazing that the D.A. could totally bungle so many cases?

Taco Bell's new "Waffle Taco" -- What other combination would you like to see connected with fast food?

I've set a new personal best on the Atari Breakout game three games in a row. Is this a sign of a compulsion disorder?

Ciao.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Wednesday mind wanderings"
Posted by cahaya on 05-15-13 at 09:54 PM
Have you ever found out that you were almost related to somebody you knew from something else?

While I was doing work with the World Customs Organization, including a conference in Rotterdam, I found out that one of the attendees, still a good friend of mine, share relatives from the distant past, dating way back to the 14th century. The most striking thing about this is that one of our shared relatives has the same name as mine, a name of which I think only two of us share in this world. He is a professor of mathematics at a leading Dutch university.

Opposite Day!

I just read a book Naked Statistics where a researcher determined that most published research articles are eventually determined to be incorrect with further research. So, will this research debunking other research be proven false, meaning most research findings are true?

"Perry Mason"

Thanks to Paul and Della.

What other combination would you like to see connected with fast food?

Choco taco?

Atari Breakout

Don't get me started. Oops, too late!

Ciao.

Chow, chow!

"lol"
Posted by cqvenus on 05-16-13 at 10:16 AM
I just read a book Naked Statistics where a researcher determined that most published research articles are eventually determined to be incorrect with further research. So, will this research debunking other research be proven false, meaning most research findings are true?

Love this. LOL

cq

Posted by Molaholic on 05-16-13 at 10:43 AM
I knew my Rooster Brother would have something clever. Thanks.

Posted by cahaya on 05-16-13 at 05:43 PM
I traveled often to Brussels in my work with the World Customs Organization HQ and every early morning the shops would open with these tasty treats.

Hot waffles and melted chocolate, strawberries and ice cream on top too!

Posted by kingfish on 05-16-13 at 09:25 AM
When I was in the fourth grade, out of about 20 students, there were five of us (unrelated) with the same last name. And two of us with the same first and last names.

Posted by Molaholic on 05-16-13 at 10:44 AM
When I was in the fourth grade, out of about 20 students, there were five of us (unrelated) with the same last name. And two of us with the same first and last names.

Sounds rather fishy to me...

Posted by kingfish on 05-16-13 at 10:48 AM
It was very fishy.

Posted by cahaya on 05-16-13 at 11:06 AM
Hmmm... this explains why fish are in schools.

Posted by kingfish on 05-16-13 at 01:27 PM
And why we have millions of cousins, and millions of funerals.

Posted by cahaya on 05-16-13 at 06:17 PM
And millions of new births.

Such is life.

Posted by jbug on 05-16-13 at 10:02 AM
before you get free for the summer, go check

"ghobe' wabmeyvetlh pIm vay' je."
Posted by Molaholic on 05-16-13 at 10:13 AM
It seems that our friends over at Bing Translator (and the KLI) have added Klingon to their database.

"more"
Posted by jbug on 05-17-13 at 09:48 AM

Posted by Estee on 05-17-13 at 10:26 AM
Y'wanna talk about a wandering mind?

As some of you know, I have chronic cycles of insomnia where I sleep badly or barely for several days, generally reaching a point where I'm able to function -- but don't really want to. I'm just coming out of one now. And the night before it broke, I had hit the stage where I didn't have the energy to cook or do laundry -- but both had to be done. So I kept it simple for both: boxed macaroni & cheese and a premeasured soap packet.

And y'know, that powdered cheese envelope is pretty much the exact same shape, size, and thickness as the other packet...

It took me several minutes to realize I had just put together a lovely washer full of Laundry & Cheese.

I never got around to trying the Macaroni & Detergent.

Posted by Molaholic on 05-17-13 at 12:57 PM
Sounds something like what happend to me the other morning.

Finishing my normal morning routine, toothbrush in hand, reach into the cabinet and grab the tube -- squeeze a measure onto the toothbrush and begin with the back teeth.

Something doesn't quite feel right -- plus, there's not as many bubbles as normal.

I look down at the tube and see .

Not a pleasant experience.

Posted by suzzee on 05-17-13 at 02:17 PM
LOL, sorry but LOL!

I should be watched....closely.