URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38037
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Remember me? "

Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 03-28-13 at 01:43 AM
I wanted to stop by and say hello! I was looking for some information on Hell's Kitchen and lord behold this site shows up on Google.

I believe I was in high school the last time I posted on this site. Yeah, that was back in 2007. If anybody remembers me I can give an update on my life tomorrow.

ukrocks got a blog!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Remember me? "
Posted by kidflash212 on 03-28-13 at 06:06 AM
I remember you - Would you be interested in a jar?

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by Snidget on 03-28-13 at 08:15 AM
I remember you. Hope things are going well for you!

"Yes!"
Posted by foonermints on 03-28-13 at 08:30 AM
I need someone's life update, as mine has problems right now, I need balance with someone else's.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by cahaya on 03-28-13 at 09:21 AM
Wow, was that 2007? Almost six years! Perhaps by now you've already graduated from college.

Yes, I remember you, in particular as a very worthy fantasy football opponent!

Patch's blooms

Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 03-28-13 at 07:19 PM
Oh yes! And I still play in the league here! And yes Cahaya, I've graduated from college, you can read below.

ukrocks got a blog!

Posted by kingfish on 03-28-13 at 09:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-13 AT 12:06 PM (EST)

Never mind. We can guess.

It probably happened along these lines.

You graduated from High School after a number of run-ins with the law, and entered the UofK (and there is a variety of opinions as to whether or not and to what extent the Uof K actually rocks) after being turned down by Louisville and Cincinnati U. It seems that those childish didoes that were on your criminal record actually did count against your college entry chances at most places. Except the UofK. There, due to a university minion who was about to retire and just didn’t feel like actually checking your records, you got in.

You probably majored in “Partee” while taking psychology classes, and since, as fate would have it, that same minion, instead of retiring, when on a multi-year drinking binge and was transferred to the student records department and put in charge of winnowing out students who didn’t meet the academic standards of the UofK. So, you managed to stay in school and actually graduate.

OK, you got your highly dubious BS degree in Pre-Psych. However, after interviewing and being rejected by an aghast and disbelieving graduate committee, you got a job at the state prison as the resident psychologist in charge of interviewing prison newbies.

It was a low paying throwaway job that some do-gooder legislature forced the state to establish. The conditions were barbaric, occasionally the machine gun armed undiagnosed PTSD'd guards went berserk and mowed down inmates and prison staff alike, the food was unpalatable, and danger abounded during the periodic prison riots. You were treated as a burden to them by prison officials, and the other prison staff held you in low regard, often parking their cars in your space.

But your job had one unappreciated perq. Because you were the first to interview prisoners after their ordeal with lawyers and prosecutors and judges was over, the scared first timers were often willing to let their hair down and unburden themselves to you. Understandable, you were the first person to express any non-hostile interest in them. You were a relatively friendly shoulder to cry on in their despair after having been informed on the first day of their sentence of the number of years they had to serve, and after it had sunk in on them the reality of their predicament and the endless stretch of time in miserable and downright scary conditions ahead of them. Some were by that time so tired, so remorseful and so frightened that they were willing to totally unburden on you in the hope that you might be able help them. And this led to your knowing where a lot of money stashes, drug caches and warehouses full of stolen merchandise were. Along with a number of bodies.

So now, you here at OT trying to form a gang to fence the goods and launder the money, right? Because, hey, I’m your man. I’ll handle the money laundering, and I know a guy, see, that can get rid of the drugs and stolen stuff, see. I even know a resident of Mockingbird lane who will let you stash the dead bodies in his basement. It’s not like it would be the first time either.

Call me.

Posted by Brownroach on 03-28-13 at 09:40 AM
I totally remember you, nice to see you around again. Give us an update, we crave updates!

Posted by Max Headroom on 03-28-13 at 10:48 AM
I was just in Lexington last weekend for the NCAA basketball games at Rupp Arena. The UofL fans chanting "Robert Morris" were especially entertaining.

Hope things are well with you.

Posted by agman on 03-28-13 at 12:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-13 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

I remember you. How have you been doing lately? I'll tune in tomorrow for your update.

Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 03-28-13 at 07:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-13 AT 07:00 PM (EST)

You're evil Max!

ukrocks got a blog!

Posted by ginger on 03-28-13 at 05:17 PM
I remember you. You were appallingly young but we liked you anyway.

Posted by cahaya on 03-28-13 at 05:44 PM
And we remember you, too! Appallingly young at heart, yet wise with the years.

cahaya '75

"Update"
Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 03-28-13 at 07:18 PM
Wow, it has been a longtime since I've posted regularly here. When I last posted I was a senior in high school in 2007. Of course I graduated. I ended up attending Murray State University over Western Kentucky and the University of Kentucky.

Let me tell you, that was the best decision of my life. Murray is a small town of about 15,000 people three and a half hours away from where I grew up, Louisville. About 1.3 million people live in metro Louisville, yet I had the time of my life, and made some of the best friends I could ask for. Small town living isn't that bad.

Yes, there was plenty of beer, alcohol, and partying involved. I majored in journalism with a print emphasis and minored in organizational communication. But my time in Murray came to an end last May when I walked across the stage and received my diploma. If I could relive those five years I would, they were the best five years of my life.

Originally I landed a job with a news agency in Paducah right after I graduated, however six weeks into the job I got laid off unexpectedly. So I had to move back home and start looking for a new one. Luckily, six weeks later I landed a new job. And I have been there ever since covering sports here in the Louisville area. I'm still living at home because I'm not making much, but I'm thankful I have a full time job. My time will come and that's my life in a nutshell.

ukrocks got a blog!

"RE: Update"
Posted by kingfish on 03-28-13 at 09:23 PM
OK, so maybe I had a couple of details wrong. But you know, if you had followed the path I laid out for you, you would have been wealthy. Oh well.

Do you have a column? Does your paper have a web site? Do you need sporting opinions?

I have a gifted (I think) niece who is in journalism (freshman, already with a periodic column in the college papaer) at the U of Ga. It's a gas to read her stuff.

Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 04-01-13 at 00:09 AM
I don't have a column, I mainly write game stories, enterprise stories, and maintain the website.

ukrocks got a blog!

Posted by cahaya on 03-28-13 at 09:53 PM
Wow, a sports writer! It must be tough for you to cover Louisville sports being a UK fan!

Hey, have fun, sharpen your craft in sports writing, get to know people and you'll get there. Good luck!

I bet you're secretly hoping Louisville wins the NCAA.

Posted by jbug on 03-29-13 at 10:36 AM
Calipari did well for you guys this year, didn't he? *not*

You can keep him. We got the better end of that deal with Pastner for sure.

Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 04-01-13 at 00:06 AM
I don't know about all that! We've been to an Elite Eight, two Final Four's, and won a National Title last season. Not to mention, we're bringing in a helluva recruiting class next season.

ukrocks got a blog!

"Really?"
Posted by mrc on 03-29-13 at 07:58 PM
This dedication goes out to UKRocks. Wherever you are, follow your dreams, and reach for the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

A Slice of Manga
I'm the first to post this song?

Posted by byoffer on 03-31-13 at 03:36 PM
I often wonder what happens to "lost" peeps. Nice to hear from you, UKR, and happy to hear that you have graduated and found employment.

Now will you keep posting here??

"No"
Posted by foonermints on 03-31-13 at 04:43 PM
Because he can't even stay logged in.

Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 04-01-13 at 00:08 AM
Haha, my hope is yes! I'm glad I found this website once more. I seriously had forgotten about this place.

ukrocks got a blog!

Posted by Dakota on 04-04-13 at 06:06 PM
I remember you. Very young but not stupid so you got along with all of us old folks. I'll bet you're older now. Not me.

Agman's Spring Fling '12

Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 04-04-13 at 10:01 PM
I'm still young! I'm only 25, just not the bored immature high school kid that once roamed and tortured this forum for years.

ukrocks got a blog!

Posted by KeithFan on 04-04-13 at 10:45 PM
Holy smokes! Hope I'm not too late to just say "Hi! I remember you!"

Always fun when old timers come around!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -Ronald Reagan