URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38017
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Hugo Chavez, Rot In Peace"

Posted by dabo on 03-05-13 at 08:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-13 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

What happens next in Venezuela? Don't know. Meanwhile in the news today: US Embassy Officials Expelled from Venezuela. This can't be good.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Hugo Chavez, Rot In Peace"
Posted by Max Headroom on 03-05-13 at 08:23 PM
And one of the world's greatest douchebags is gone. Hallelujah.

Posted by Estee on 03-05-13 at 08:29 PM
I give it a week before the U.S. government is editing the We Want Our Jerk Back page. I don't think Starshine's local bookies will be paying out winnings on the next occupant being an improvement.

"Well."
Posted by foonermints on 03-05-13 at 10:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-13 AT 00:24 AM (EST)

» I don't think Starshine's local bookies will be paying out winnings on the next occupant being an improvement. «

The US voted already and got their Jerk back.

Eh, he didn't pay out, either.

the wonders of Jumping Bird

"RE: Well."
Posted by cahaya on 03-05-13 at 11:19 PM
Rest in pieces, Chavez.

Posted by foonermints on 03-06-13 at 00:24 AM
Old Hugo had to make a living somehow.
HEY! How come I don't get to be a banana dictator? Rats!!!!!!
I bet the gig comes with a limo, liquor and women.

Posted by agman on 03-06-13 at 01:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-13 AT 01:55 PM (EST)

HEY! How come I don't get to be a banana dictator?

"bookies not mug enough to offer odds"
Posted by Starshine on 03-06-13 at 05:32 AM
As The Who put it "Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss"

Nicolas Maduro is nailed on as the new presidente

Hilary Clinton is 7/2 for next US President, which doesn't seem very generous, Michelle Obama at 150/1 or Condoleezza Rice at 12/1 seem more reasonable odds.

In other news you can get 8/11 that Bashar Al-Assad will be President of Syria on 1st of July 2013 (evens that he isn't) and 5/1 that Charlie Hunnam will play Nidge in the US version of Love/Hate

"RE: bookies not mug enough to offer odds"
Posted by kingfish on 03-06-13 at 10:31 AM
Odds that Kingfish will TAKE OVER THE WORLD"? (Does the tote board have room for a lot of zeros?)

Odds that Estee will get my address for SS and follow thru on any of her various promises (threats)?

Now that babies can be cured of AIDS, what odds are given that Pat Robertson will retract his statement the AIDS is God’s punishment for promiscuity or homosexuality?

Posted by kingfish on 03-07-13 at 10:39 AM
Rot in peace with Joseph, Idi and Adolph, Hugo. And give back Dabo's modem.

Posted by foonermints on 03-08-13 at 02:16 AM
Fool! Thou hast summoned the Undead!

Posted by kingfish on 03-08-13 at 10:18 AM
I have my Iguana body guards, so maybe I'll be safe.

But why I want to guard Iguana bodies I'll never know.

"Sheesh"
Posted by foonermints on 03-09-13 at 01:22 AM
They must be Marine Iguanas, dopey Fish.

"RE: Sheesh"
Posted by kingfish on 03-09-13 at 11:46 AM
My Iguana Guard.

Iguanas are mean and sneaky, and marine iguanas will bite your underwater parts.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 03-11-13 at 02:31 PM
Just read a story where they'll make him not rot at all.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

"Venezuela"
Posted by AyaK on 03-12-13 at 07:47 PM
I think I've told this story before on this board, years ago.

I spent a lot of time in Venezuela back before Huga Chavez came to power. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world, especially near Puerto Ordaz (and the Llovizna Falls). But the wealth disparity was stunning.

Executives at PdVSA (the national oil company, which owns Citgo) were paid similarly to Western oil executives, despite the endemic poverty throughout the country. Caracas always felt like a city under siege, because the 2 million residents in the central city (an old volcanic cauldron) were surrounded by two million dirt-poor residents of the hillsides encircling the town. You couldn't help but wonder when those people on the hillsides were going to come down and take over.

Well, after a crook named CAP (Carlos Andrés Pérez) was forced out of office as Venezuela's president in 1993 due to embezzlement, the door was open for the biggest crook of all -- Hugo Chávez -- to come to power, which happened in 1999. Now, at long last, he's finally gone. But nothing has really changed, except that Venezuelans as a whole are poorer than they were in 1993.